The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DJ Dav...er uh, I mean DJ's Jay Swing & Marlon J English!

TheRussianRocket.

Hockey was around for over 100 years before 80's rock ever existed. Getting away for something that existed for less than 1/5th of it's history is hardly "running away from it's identity". Just because it is the image of hockey music that you grew up with, doesn't mean it is the only one. At one point Roaring 20's swing was probably seen as good hockey music.

On the other hand, yes organ music should always go hand in hand with hockey (I guess baseball as well but who cares about that).

The wheel existed for quite awhile before someone built a car, but I would say those two things will forever be associated with one another.

Hockey was at it's cultural zenith during the 80's, nearly every cliché associated with the game can be traced back to that decade. You and I are fans. We've followed the game through the years and don't hold those associations quite as deeply, but to the casual observer, Hockey belongs to the era of Gretzky, Judas Priest, and Pac Man,

And for the record, I didn't start watching till the early 90's, and I'm still aware of how tied the game is to the culture of that one decade.

Well, at least we agree on two things: Organ music? good! Baseball?....pass.

I only end up at one or two games a year so I'm not all that familiar with what DJ Dave played.

What did he play that was so bad?

So far, all I can gather is that he played too much AC/DC

Rihanna on the PK

Rihanna on the PP

Horrible taste in electronic music

cliche taste in rock

no taste in rap

he probably had no taste buds from eating all that crap rogers arena food.

I only end up at one or two games a year so I'm not all that familiar with what DJ Dave played.

What did he play that was so bad?

So far, all I can gather is that he played too much AC/DC

Captain and Tenille - Love will keep us together

Barbara Striesand - Duck Sauce

With all the off season changes I couldn't believe DJ Dave survived. Glad to see "change" has found the in-house entertainment department.

Too many times the music Dave played made you feel like you were at a 12 year old girl's birthday party.

Rihanna on the PK

Rihanna on the PP

Horrible taste in electronic music

cliche taste in rock

no taste in rap

he probably had no taste buds from eating all that crap rogers arena food.

The guy is a mainstreamer. But he keeps overplaying the songs. I can't say I disagree with any of that stuff that you listed, but I've only heard the repetition through the TV.

Archived