The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to meet Canucks before game

artful_dodger

Hey everyone! First time poster, long time reader here. I'm in town and scored tix to the game against the Kings tomorrow. I'm taking my brother nephew. Crap those tix don't gome cheap!!! Anyways I'm wondering if anyone could give me some tips on catching the Canucks before the game to maybe grab some autographs. If anyone has some tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Grapefruits... My brother was saying there is a spot where they enter Rogers Arena? Is there any success there?

No clue, I've never tried. Just heard that is where they enter and where some people have got stuff signed.

Here is a thread I managed to find on it, looks like you need to get their sooner than what I stated: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/325380-few-quick-questions-about-going-to-games-at-rogers-arena-im-from-out-of-town/

Doesn't appear that people are having much luck, worth a shot though if you're willing to try.

Unless your like 12 and under, going to great lengths to meet a hockey player is creepy and borderline psychotic.

posting on the internet is hardly going to great lengths. wanting to meet someone s to creepy no psychotic. id go out of my way to meet an athlete, musician, etc.. I'm pretty sure most people would. you are ignorant, why even post.? Nobody cares about your childish opinions...

posting on the internet is hardly going to great lengths. wanting to meet someone s to creepy no psychotic. id go out of my way to meet an athlete, musician, etc.. I'm pretty sure most people would. you are ignorant, why even post.? Nobody cares about your childish opinions...

If I was famous and a pimple faced nerd met me in the parking lot for an autograph I think I would be disappointed to say the least.

It's one thing to coincidentally meet a famous person and it's another to stalk them and hunt them down.

But that's just me.

There's a difference between stalking and hunting and what I'm asking. Sometimes there is player availability for autographs or a routine where the paying public might get an opportunity to meet and greet. There's always shots on tv with the team coming in and people hanging out, with players stopping briefly to sign a few momentos. I am new to this posting thing and was just looking for some honest info from those that seem to have more experience than me.

If I was famous and a pimple faced nerd met me in the parking lot for an autograph I think I would be disappointed to say the least.

It's one thing to coincidentally meet a famous person and it's another to stalk them and hunt them down.

But that's just me.

Wow thats low.

Dude their is nothing wrong with wanting to meet some players. This LaBamba guy is an idiot. Oh good luck doesn't hurt to try.

I think it's strange, big deal. I don't see the need to go out of my way to meet players. I am in my 30's and for me to run up to Linden Vey to get a mini stick signed would be shameful and awkward.

If your taking a 10 year old kid, that's totally cool the kid will remember it for life. If you are a female of any hormonal age who has a crush on one of the players that's also cool.

I just think in my case it's really, really..... Weird, that's all.

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks La Bamba, but the thread wasn't asking for opinions on it... Just tangible instruction. That can be an issue with these forums sometimes. I want to read a thread because I think there may be some value for my time, but often the users spin off on tangents. Though sometimes mildly entertaining, mostly it's ridiculous. In fact, sort of like what I'm doing now. Guess I should create a new thread? LOL

Unless your like 12 and under, going to great lengths to meet a hockey player is creepy and borderline psychotic.

More creepy than a guy hovering around and Internet forum at 11:30 pm, on New Years Eve, waiting for the opportunity to try to insult, irritate and p*ss people off?

Archived