The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Close to Another Deal?

Robongo

See. This is why I don't even bother making suggestions. Because someone makes a suggestion that might not work, they're treated like garbage.

Have some respect people.

Well it was garbage.

Lack + Weber for top 6?

Even Raymond + Ballard + 1st is a better offer.

The only way we get a top 6 is with a Higgins+Kassian+Lack package IMO.

Benning already said no picks involved, and we won't be trading our high end prospects any time soon.

I think Kassian and Lack are givens. Higgins has a LTC so it's not automatic. Benning may not think Shinkaruk or Jensen are high end as he was not responsible for choosing either, so of you could couple one of those two with the other for a serious return I think you have something.

I made a suggestion. Yet, people like you and peache5 seem to want to think of me as "stupid" as a result. I know you're a troll and you're likely saying this for your own giggles, but dude. Have some respect for people. Please.

Wow, someone needs a hug... Or their fallopian tubes are filling up.

Oh man, Raymond + Ballard + 1st could have gotten us Crosby. GMMG out gmed again!

That was an awful retort / attempt at sarcasm.

Look, all I'm saying is that we all make stupid posts from time to time. The best thing to do is to just move on from it rather than keep trying to salvage a lost cause. Lack + Weber for a top 6 is poor. Just move on.

Wow, someone needs a hug... Or their fallopian tubes are filling up.

Actually, yes, they are. I know I probably shouldn't be saying this on here, but I have a lot of personal issues with my life at the moment and the last thing I need is someone trolling like this.

Look I get it you love Kassian and do you know what I like him to.

But don't kid yourself he is the least productive forward on this team and even most of our offensively challenged defencemen are more productive then him.

Does this mean we should dump him no but it also means that he isn't ready for a top 6 role let alone powerplay time.

If you look around I've never said he deserves top 6 time.

I've been loudly stating he is where he needs to be. Progressing as a young kid on the 3rd line currently projecting average 3rd line RW points in the league. Developing properly and learning the entire game as opposed to just being a big arse in front of a net

My sticking point is that players like Sestito, Hansen, Vey, Varter, Klatt, Cowan and more all got/get regular time with the twins on the PP or on the top line over the last 9 years.

Hard to say with the smattering of crap the twins have made better in their time Kassian doesn't deserve a sniff of PP time with them

Ah, I see how you view things now.

I'm just going to quietly laugh thinking anyone would think White and Ehrhoff were of comparable value because of some +/- report.

San Jose had to dump salary and Patrick White was worth a 2nd round pick once he didn't sign with San Jose.

Mathias has shown more finish then Kassian...

Not that I hate Kassian but come on

Only this year....

Kassian is currently on the exact same point projection for careers as Matthias. 57 points in 188 games for zack. 118 points in just under 390 games or something for Matthias.

That's...quite similar except Matthias had more ice time in the SE division against terrible opponents

lack and weber isnt worth a early to mid 20s top 6. On a team with alot of depth you could get a solid scoring 3rd liner 2nd line tweener maybe.

But most teams dont want to give up that sort of player for a backup goalie and if lucky a #6 D.

I say weber to detroit for a pick, try for a 4th but settle with a 5th.

Lack and higgins/sbisa/kassian could garner something better i think. But its finding the right team who willing to pay for a goalie(which is usually never) and the upside they would see in sbisa or kassian. Higgins is a good role player nothing flashy but good character guy.

Question for TheLock:

What team would want Lack and Weber and what would the top 6 player coming back be in your guestemation?

I made a suggestion. Yet, people like you and peache5 seem to want to think of me as "stupid" as a result. I know you're a troll and you're likely saying this for your own giggles, but dude. Have some respect for people. Please.

I said you're delusional and you're only confirming that by putting "stupid" in quotations as if you're quoting something that was said.

3 points > 1 point. Also look at Vey's production for the season, as a rookie

Vey plays with Higgins and Burrows

Kassian played with Bonino Richardson(by far the best of the bunch) and Matthias

So they had equal linemates

But I get it, you have a vendetta against Vey (and many others), and you like "tough" players.

Fixed that for you

nashville is interesting for that pair maybe? Solid backup for Rinne could be good

players of interest:

Wilson is having a career year so far

Smith- having a good year

Jarnkrok- probly a keeper for them as he is young

Ellis- injured and doubt they move him

Archived