The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

700-block Abbott Street unanimously renamed to Pat Quinn Way

TheRussianRocket.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vancouver-city-council-approves-pat-quinn-way/

Vancouver city council approves of Pat Quinn Way

Pat Quinn Way is coming to downtown Vancouver.

Vancouver city council voted unanimously on Wednesday to rename the 700-block of Abbott Street that runs between Expo Boulevard and Pacific Bouelvard as Pat Quinn Way to tribute the late NHL coach.

Quinn, who spent time with the Canucks' franchise as player, coach, and general manager, died in November after a lengthy illness.

The Canucks honoured Quinn on Nov. 25 with an emotional pre-game ceremony. A moment of silence was held for Quinn followed by a video tribute.

http://youtu.be/KqEKwnHkkn0

Vancouver will further honour Quinn in a full ceremony on Mar. 17, St. Patrick's Day, when the Canucks host the Philadelphia Flyers.

He was inducted into the franchise's Ring of Honour at Rogers Arena this past April.

Pat's legacy will always live on. Special way to honour him.

pat_quinn2-640x360.jpg

Good,

It's strange that when he passed I legitimately felt like an uncle had died, met him a few times (Super cool guy) but didn't know him. Still the bond of 94' between team and fans has to be one of the greatest in all of sports.

And I'll never forget the "Danny boy" tribute....probably will never watch it again, because crying like a baby can be inconvenient for a grown man, but goddamn....I'll never forget.

They should choose some rough & tumble area, then one day rename it 'Tiger Williams Alley'.

Shout out to Mr Quinn! He did the town proud.

No disrespect for tiger Williams but this isn't just for players that the fans liked and remembered, but it's about people who left a permanent mark on the city and province. Gregor Robertson said one of the reasons they choose to do this was because the respect the province as a whole had for quinn and how he left a permanent mark on sports in the province.

I doubt there will ever be a man that leaves such a memorable mark on the province that is the Canucks hockey coach then Quinn.

Archived