The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

I've had Him range from an elete all star ahl goal scorer to a second line nhl goal scorer. If I let him run his coarse in collage he amounts to dick all. Think it's the quality of coaching. Havnt figured out how to make him defensively responsible yet. He makes yakupov look like kesler.

On 2/18/2016 at 11:47 AM, Intoewsables said:

Tanking hard.

dab00e46c5710a7b0d63a496c1476e26.png

The 1st rounder in the Gerbe trade (that the Kings insisted on giving up in 2017 rather than 2016) ended up being the 2nd overall pick. Pretty nice when you can get a potential franchise center for a 30-40 point winger. :lol: 

I tanked just hard enough to secure 1rst overall and 3rd.  so i drafted chichrun and tchuck.  I had to sell the farm to do it, and aquaman is 5 seconds from $&!#canning me, but i did it.

I have dreams of a tchuck/colin white/virtanen line running amuck. I also sold a first and sbisa for nurse. 

lineup for 2017

marky-mark/demko

sedin/sedin/virtanen

baercheeze/horvat/vorachek

kreider/sutter/hansen

tchuck/cassels/jensen

edler/tanev

hammer/weber  <-hes really good in the game!

hutton/nurse

chichrun/kenins.

I see sending hammer out on waivers once hutton starts outlying him next year. I resigned him in the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

Any good guides to how to start, the setup good tactics, and all the works? I started my first save and it takes forever to aim and the games take too long too. 

click the gear and select detail level, set everything to quick sim

if you coach your games click the gear in game and select action speed, and max it out

44 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

click the gear and select detail level, set everything to quick sim

if you coach your games click the gear in game and select action speed, and max it out

Thanks man. 

Gamewise, I find it impossible to trade Prist and Dorsett. It's funny if I wasn't sad about the roster spots in wasting. Otherwise this is what I want GM Mode to be like. 

1 hour ago, 87Crosby said:

Thanks man. 

Gamewise, I find it impossible to trade Prist and Dorsett. It's funny if I wasn't sad about the roster spots in wasting. Otherwise this is what I want GM Mode to be like. 

trade them to teams with lots of cap space, ask for late picks or minor league players

14 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

Thanks man. 

13 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

trade them to teams with lots of cap space, ask for late picks or minor league players

Or just be realistic and waive them.  Nobody wants to take on those contracts in real life so why try and force it in a game?

36 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Or just be realistic and waive them.  Nobody wants to take on those contracts in real life so why try and force it in a game?

Somebody will take them for a forth. Maybe a fifth.

I love this game. So much more thought out than NHL. It's so hard to win trades in this game.  I want to trade all the forward vets except for the Sedins, Hansen and no team is willing to let go of any good players to do so. And my coach despises any trade I make so there's that. 

On 3/23/2016 at 1:50 PM, Bob.Loblaw said:

They are all great games.  Arguably one of the best bundles in years.

On 3/22/2016 at 0:27 PM, Intoewsables said:

EHM is included in the latest Humble Bundle. It's currently at $5.12 plus a bunch of other games you may or may not want.

https://www.humblebundle.com/sega-strategy-bundle

Wow that's a heck of a deal.  Just donated $12 to charity and got them all.  Thanks for sharing! I wasn't aware of the humble bundle 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to turn the setting off so I don't get fired? I am trying to fix this god awful Vancouver roster and despite the trades I make being fair, Desjardins and the board get upset lol.  

On 3/31/2015 at 2:24 PM, awalk said:

I can pretty much guarantee that if you like fantasy hockey and "playing" GM, on your own as opposed to in a pool, you will like this game. Maybe too much.

Yeah go to preferences or settings and click disable human manager sackings 

13 hours ago, Venom52 said:

Is there anyway to turn the setting off so I don't get fired? I am trying to fix this god awful Vancouver roster and despite the trades I make being fair, Desjardins and the board get upset lol.  

I once traded the 2nd overall for the 1st overall, straight up, no add ons, and the fans were furious at my waste of resources. I tend to ignore it as no matter the number of 'bad' trades I've made, I've never been sacked on any iteration of EHM.

9 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

I once traded the 2nd overall for the 1st overall, straight up, no add ons, and the fans were furious at my waste of resources. I tend to ignore it as no matter the number of 'bad' trades I've made, I've never been sacked on any iteration of EHM.

Thanks man, I've quickly realized this myself. Was under some pressure from the board and firing Willie seemed to save my ass.

Only problem I am having is my lack of scoring, I signed Steven Stamkos in the off-season after he lead the league in points and goals, now he is very much under scoring on my team while playing 1st line and 1st pp mins with other high quality players. I have messed around with the tactics to try and fix this but to no avail. any tips on what I need to do to get my guys scoring on a comparable rate with the rest of the league's players?

I'll type out my tactics, which I've not changed for 64 years:

Defensive coverage: zonal

Mentality: Offensive

Aggressiveness: Aggressive

Backchecking: Normal

Gap Control: Normal

Puck Pressure: Heavy

Hitting: Normal

Tempo: High

Passing: Creative

Shooting: Normal

Dumping the puck: Rarely

Forward usage: Normal

Defense usage: Normal

Powerplay usage: Favor 1st

Line matching: 1v2, 2v1, 3v3, 4v4

3-on-3 play: Use 2 defensemen

All four lines use the following tactical systems:

Breakouts: Positional

Neutral Zone Offensive: Positional

Offensive Zone: Positional

Forecheck: Positional Low

Neutral Zone Defensive: 1-2-2

Defensive Zone: Positional

Offensive faceoffs: Point shot

Defensive faceoffs: lopsided

10 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

I always find it hilarious when the fans and board roast me for a trade and question my decision making, and then a couple days later I'll praise a player for playing good hockey and suddenly the fans are hoping I stay at the helm as long as possible.