The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Desjardins

bryguy26

Lots of angry people letting emotions override their sensible thinking here.

Agreed, But the honeymoon is obviously over for Willie.

I can understand his decision not to play Baertschi, although I disagree with it. Willie is all about player development. He did not want to put Baertschi in a high pressure spot before he even had a chance to do line rushes. And he also wanted to give Vey and McMillan another shot, partly out of loyalty to them. I think it was a mistake, but I can see why players like Willie.

It might be that Willie is feeling a bit stubborn. He probably did not like everyone in the media saying that Vrbata should play with the Sedins and that Baertschi should play and the Sedins should get more ice-time, and that Sbisa and Bieksa play poorly together (and not too well at any time).

Let's see how he adjusts for the next game. Obviously that really is a "must-win" game. If Willie is willing to admit that some of the critics are right and make adjustments now he will make a lot more friends and be more likely to win the game than if he just remains stubborn.

As Jim said - " we want our guys to get experienced....

i didnt even bother w Canucks this time - and yes ( true fan for 20 years ) - thank god for my fiance. Haha

I already knew we cant win w the Sedins ... I TOLD MYSELF WHATEVER happens i believe in Trever Linden <3 <3 <3

Dorsett as the 6th attacker in a playoff game. Classic WD

He was supposed to be standing in front of the net. I would assume

People forget that Willie D is a ROOKIE coach. Hartley has won a Stanley Cup. Huge difference.

Also His AHL team was down 3-1 they managed to come back and win the championship.

Lots of young ones on here that are in panic mode. The series isnt over yet.

We were dealt a huge blow , Flames got an advantage for sure, when both Richardson and Burrows are out.

If willie decides to put in Eddie for game 5 I will lose all faith in him as a coach. Eddie looks dishearted he can only do so much he's been playing great except that last couple games which I don't think he should be fully blamed for but Miller should be in net for game 5

We pay 6 million dollars for him and he's our number 1 and has been practicing way more since his injury. Eddie needs a rest

I put this mostly on the stale core, like Torts famously pointed out. Bieksa - completely washed up and a liability to the team. Higgins? WTF is this doofus doing on the team at all, let alone the 2nd line? Burrows has been OK, and that's being as generous and fair as possible, but that's about it and that's not enough. He is not top six material anymore. Hopefully guys like Virtanen, Mcann, and some others are ready to come next year and fill the big void of talent and energy that is missing.

Agreed, But the honeymoon is obviously over for Willie.

I can understand his decision not to play Baertschi, although I disagree with it. Willie is all about player development. He did not want to put Baertschi in a high pressure spot before he even had a chance to do line rushes. And he also wanted to give Vey and McMillan another shot, partly out of loyalty to them. I think it was a mistake, but I can see why players like Willie.

It might be that Willie is feeling a bit stubborn. He probably did not like everyone in the media saying that Vrbata should play with the Sedins and that Baertschi should play and the Sedins should get more ice-time, and that Sbisa and Bieksa play poorly together (and not too well at any time).

Let's see how he adjusts for the next game. Obviously that really is a "must-win" game. If Willie is willing to admit that some of the critics are right and make adjustments now he will make a lot more friends and be more likely to win the game than if he just remains stubborn.

In this business if you want loyalty you have to buy a dog!

This series is not over yet, go home get a win and grab some momentum bring that momentum to Calgary. Willie knows what he's doing he knows his players he's dealing with unfortunate injuries give him a chance before you call him out

Yes it is. Calgary's team of veterans know how to close the series out. :bigblush:

What puzzles me is in the games that Sven was up for he had almost instant chemistry with Vrbata and Bones. We need secondary scoring, hell we need scoring period and what did we get..McMillan. Sbisa and Bieksa look injured and slow. One of Stanton, Corrado, Clendenning should be in, they all have a good outlet pass and Corrado and Clendenning have great shots and good speed on the transition. I like some of what Desjardins brings as a coach but his stubborness in certain areas and player management is becoming apparent in these high pressure games.

Why is Mcmillan playing over Baertschi?

Why aren't the Sedins playing more?

Why is Bieksa and Sbisa playing 40 min (exaggerate) a game?

Why isn't Verbata playing with the twins?

Willie has impressed me all year but he's now folding faster then paper at an oragami festival.

It's AV all over again!Is he just going against popular opinion to prove something. Lord almighty!!

1. Because Mac has played well when called on. He is fast physical and has plenty of compete. Sven is a rookie and to play him against his ex team (who he left on not the best of terms) in front of a baying Calgary crowd is asking to get him injured.

2. Unless you are blind you would see the Sedins are already exhausted playing the minutes they are getting. Playing them longer invites injury as you would have known if you had been a fan last year. Willie was trying to help them to be at their most potent.

Who do you want to take the minutes off? The younger players? Then people would complain that Bo, Vey, Kenins etc were not getting long enough.

3. The answer should be obvious even to you. They aren't. They had the lowest time on ice of the six players. However it should be noted that Bieksa has been a stand out for us in the playoffs in the past and Sbisa has been one of our best Ds this season and probably showed the most improvement. Hindsight is a great and insidious thing.

4. It is a fair point. However in the playoffs where some physical presence and disruption is required in front of the net Vbrata does not supply that. Also were you complaining when Kassian was with the Twins (I bet you were not)

Your points in the main are just retrospective whining and I tend to believe generated by your inability to cope with the reality of the situation the Canucks find themselves in.

Faced with such disappointment most people have a drink, rationalise it by saying well we did better than expected this season just to get here or we are at year one of a 3-5 year plan/work in progress.

Instead you choose to criticise the coach and not too competently if I may say so.

Archived