The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Surprised?

Kanucklehead10

Being eaten alive by the Sharks in 2013

An embarrassment of a season in 2014 when the only thing that was changed was the guy behind the bench and people realized that letting AV go probably wasn't a good idea after all.

it was a &^@#ing horrible idea, why they fired him before Gillis I will never know

it aint over till its over ya band wagon pieces of crap

what have you seen in the first 4 games that makes you think this team has any chance at winning 3 straight against Calgary? not trolling i'm genuinely asking, because I don't know how anyone can think we're coming back based on the first 4 games.

It's not over til it's over, except in this case it kind of is. We have had no answer for the Flames, especially their forecheck.

Classic difference between Calgary and Vancouver fans here.

Calgary fans will want to dominate a player and send him packing... but won't be asking for him to get severely injured. The entire Calgary board was wishing Burrows well when they found out he was injured.

Yep, 1 guy represents the entire fan base. Can't imagine that there's one single Calgary fan that would think this way! :towel:

Nope, not surprised.

JB said that the team would play hard and be entertaining. Check

JB said that they would make the playoffs. Check

JB said that they are a ways to go to be a contender. Check

Patience Canuck fans. It takes time to build a contender.

hopefully benning didn't believe we would beat the flames, otherwise we is in a bit a trauble. his signings don't exactly inspire confidence in his 'scout' mantle. vey, mcmillan are not what i would call 'bruin model' prototypes. vrbata speaks for hisself. all things considered miller is the right signing at the wrong time. plugging the dam's cracks is not going to get us anywhere in a hurry other than to lower our draft position by 5-10 spots. ah, heresy to mention how much better off we would be to pick higher in the draft but picking up other teams slough is hardly a recipe for success.

ferland has singlehandedly slayed this whole team, although it does look like a lot of his contacts should be charging fouls. i hopes we don't gots to go through many more years of this. it was a most uninspiring season and a forgettable brief appearance in the post season. i just don't see the point in doing whatever it takes to squeak into the playoffs when anyone with half a hockey mind knows that dreams of a cup are nothing but pure folly.

it will be difficult to change things for next year. if jb has no intention of signing mathiason, he could have gotten return at the deadline. take your pick of vets that could have been offloaded to a contenda.

bieksa should retire

Since starting the playoffs, the Canucks have done a full 180.

- We can't seem to come back from deficits anymore

- We're winning faceoff's

- No secondary scoring/Lack of offence completely/Depth?

- Goal tending has been average (good at times)

- Vrbata looks like he may not even get a goal

- Special teams have sorta disappeared

The list could go on. The only thing that's been consistent is the Horvat line, and our D not really doing much.

I'm not really complaining. I just don't understand. It sucks. I love that we're even in the playoffs, but wish we could at least beat Calgary. If LA and Sharks didn't choke, there's a good chance we wouldn't even be here right now; although, I suppose Calgary wouldn't be either.

Since starting the playoffs, the Canucks have done a full 180.

- We can't seem to come back from deficits anymore

- We're winning faceoff's

- No secondary scoring/Lack of offence completely/Depth?

- Goal tending has been average (good at times)

- Vrbata looks like he may not even get a goal

- Special teams have sorta disappeared

The list could go on. The only thing that's been consistent is the Horvat line, and our D not really doing much.

I'm not really complaining. I just don't understand. It sucks. I love that we're even in the playoffs, but wish we could at least beat Calgary. If LA and Sharks didn't choke, there's a good chance we wouldn't even be here right now; although, I suppose Calgary wouldn't be either.

the thing is, in the playoffs teams go under the microscope, that is, their good and bad points are highlighted and, in fact, hard to miss. it has been evident for several years now and the worrying thing is that this new regime feels it is more important to squeak into the playoffs than to address what should be obvious issues

Archived