The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Prediction) next 24hrs

I know everyone is waiting for the shoe to drop on the Cam Talbot deal, which will determine the value of what's going the other way. I think J.B. isn't going to wait and he's lined up an appropriate suitor for Lack(I think there are two teams really hot on Lack) and J.B. is trying to extract the most. Lack will be dealt before Talbot setting the parameters for value. When it comes down to it J.B. will either get Buffalo's 21st overall for Lack or both picks in the second round from Buffalo. If the Canucks get the the 21st overall look for the Canucks to deal both 1st rounders to Columbus for the 8th overall pick. This would give Columbus 5 picks in 2 rounds a real opportunity to fill the cupboard for years to come. This would give J.B. a real chance at an elite player.

With Higgins and Bieksa also on their way out J.B will recoup a second, third and another prospect.

These deals will happen on the draft floor.

cheers

Lack could probably score a two 2nds OR 2nd, 3rd, 5th/6th/7th, and Grigorenko's rights. Not a 1st tho.

You might be right, which is why i think Buffalo is Lack's destination because Buffalo has two seconds as well. In which case Bieksa might get us that late 1st round pick. Regardless I think Lack will set the value not Talbot.

You might be right, which is why i think Buffalo is Lack's destination because Buffalo has two seconds as well. In which case Bieksa might get us that late 1st round pick. Regardless I think Lack will set the value not Talbot.

True, but Bieksa's said he's not waiving.

He'll waive if there is a contract extension on the table as he stated, plus he would be dealt to a contender which i'm sure would help sway his feelings.

Buffalo will only start to become a contender once he's in retirement mode.

True, but Bieksa's said he's not waiving.

As Per Darren Dreger and Andy Strickland, sources say he'd waive with an extension in place.

I could see Juice going to Dallas to take on some of the defensive responsibility. Klingberg, Daley, Goligoski, Juice, Demers and Nemeth don't look all that bad in the right combinations.

As Per Darren Dreger and Andy Strickland, sources say he'd waive with an extension in place.

I could see Juice going to Dallas to take on some of the defensive responsibility. Klingberg, Daley, Goligoski, Juice, Demers and Nemeth don't look all that bad in the right combinations.

actually great fit number 4 on that roster but what does Dallas have that we want?

actually great fit number 4 on that roster but what does Dallas have that we want?

I'd want Jason Dickinson (Matthias-like prospect; doubt we'd get Ritchie) and one of their young defenders (Jokipakka/ Oleksiak/ Nemeth/ Honka?/ Bystrom?) plus probably their 2nd in a bigger deal. Adding Eddie also gives them a 1-B to push Kari to perform, as it's Campbell or Enroth as their top options so far, and neither has the backup spot locked down. Maybe we'd have to take the last year of Hemsky's salary given their salary cap constraints.

Eddie, Juice for young D-man (preferably one closer to NHL-ready), Dickinson and 2nd.

In this draft it does, after the first two picks, there is literally 55 kids who can play and have impact.

No, no it doesn't.

After the top two, the next 8 or so are still of a pretty high level. It's after that - particularly into the later half of the round (where those two 1sts would be you're offering) - where the value drops off to a secondary tier. Those two picks don't warrant a top 10 pick where a team could still draft a very high quality prospect.

Columbus is in need of a defenceman, and one of Hanifin, Provorov or Werenski will be available to them at that point. Provorov in particular has been talked about as being very close to the NHL so it wouldn't be a long development for them to wait either.

No, no it doesn't.

After the top two, the next 8 or so are still of a pretty high level. It's after that - particularly into the later half of the round (where those two 1sts would be you're offering) - where the value drops off to a secondary tier. Those two picks don't warrant a top 10 pick where a team could still draft a very high quality prospect.

Columbus is in need of a defenceman, and one of Hanifin, Provorov or Werenski will be available to them at that point. Provorov in particular has been talked about as being very close to the NHL so it wouldn't be a long development for them to wait either.

+1

ProvoCop!

Archived