The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal/discussion] BOS-VAN

Now im just speculating after reading an article on the Canucks wanting Chabot or Zboril in the draft. They are expected to be taken between 14-18. The Bruins hold the #14 pick. Also with rumours that Lucic may be coming to Vancouver. Its interesting. We know they want kassian. So it would have to be something like:

TO VAN

Lucic

1st (14)

TO BOS

Kassian

1st (23)

+++

We would have to add to this, but its the layout of what we need to start with. Maybe they would be interested in Vrbata, Higgins, Hamhuis, Bieksa?

Id rather keep Vrbata, as we could ship him at TD for a 1st. Same with Hamhuis. But would be more willing to include Hamhuis in this deal.

Me personally would rather add prospects such as Vey, Gaunce, Subban, Grenier, Corrado, or Weber. Id add any 2 to the deal. Question is, will Boston like the deal?

TO BOS

Kassian

Vey/Gaunce/Grenier

Weber/Corrado/Subban

1st (23)

TO VAN

Lucic

1st (14)

TO BOS

Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieksa

1st (23)

TO VAN

Lucic

1st (14)

Not sure on the value. They seem fair to me. What proposal do you think would work for both sides if we were to get Lucic and move to 14th?

Make your own proposals

Probably something like Hamhuis, Kassian, Subban(or similar) and 23 for Lucic and 14.

All the GMs know there is a drop off after 15 so to move up it will cost us.

I look at like Hamhuis=Lucic, both becoming UFA, Boston saves a bit of cap space they need and gets Help on D where they need it

Kassian+Subban+23=14, may sound like an over payment to move up 9 spots but thats what it will take. They can still get a "good" prospect with the pick add a future OFD and young power forward. We move up in a range where we can draft one of Konecy,Meier, Barzal, Gurianov or Svechnikov.

Dont know if i would do it but something I would Consider

I'd keep Kassian and put him on a line with Lucic. So...

To Vancouver: Lucic, 14 overall

To Boston: Bieksa, Vey, 23 overall, Friesen, McNally, 2016 4th round pick

Then:

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Burrows Bonino Vrbata

Dorsett Horvat Hansen

Lucic Gaunce Kassian

4 tough good lines, I like I like... No 4th line!!

Then:

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Burrows Bonino Vrbata

Dorsett Horvat Hansen

Lucic Gaunce Kassian

You put a $6 M player on the 4th line? My god.

Chances are Vrbata would go to Boston in such a deal. Lucic would be in the top six. Possibly on a line with Kassian and Horvat. Try stopping that terrifying second line

I would love to see Kassian on a line with Lucic, but I think boston would want Kassian in that deal. The reason the Bruins are even thinking about it is because they are tight against the Cap and have to resign Hamilton. Kassian is a cheap cap hit, and fits in with the boston style player.

I look at like Hamhuis=Lucic, both becoming UFA, Boston saves a bit of cap space they need and gets Help on D where they need it

Kassian+Subban+23=14, may sound like an over payment to move up 9 spots but thats what it will take. They can still get a "good" prospect with the pick add a future OFD and young power forward. We move up in a range where we can draft one of Konecy,Meier, Barzal, Gurianov or Svechnikov.

If Boston would do the 1st half of the deal (not just value-wise but straight up) I'd probably be down for it if someone replaced Luca on the second pairing, left side.

Not sure about moving Kass and Subban.

Then:

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Burrows Bonino Vrbata

Dorsett Horvat Hansen

Lucic Gaunce Kassian

The rumour on-line is Boston wants both Bieksa and Kassian for Lucic. I hate that trade!

Id make that trade. After 10-15 games. Fans will feel different towards Lucic. Cant hate him cuz he beat us

Its more than that. Kassian is Lucic light and we need a draft pick for Bieksa; plus, Lucic seems like an a**hole, not a 'character guy'. Lucic gets $6 million for a year, then could bolt somewhere else and we've lost Bieksa and Kasaian for nothing.

If there truly is a deal in the works I see Boston wanting Kassian going back the other way. They want to keep some of that bruins identity.

The offer will be something around the lines of

Bieksa +Kassian + Weber/Stanton for Lucic

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I would rather keep Kassian and move Bieksa in another deal

Archived