The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers Line Pairings

Lol cheapest contract he could get for sbisa? He's an rfa. You get a better contract or take him to arbitration. Sbisa is barely an nhl dman and yes I'd rather let him walk if I could. Benning's defense of that contract being protection in case Bieksa and Hamhuis leave next year never made sense because dmen of Sbisa calibre are a dime a dozen during free agency and can be had for cheaper. The canucks even signed one in barktowski. There was no rush to sign sbisa.

Benning signed him to save face for the Kesler deal so he could point to sbisa being a valuable piece in the Kesler deal instead of a cap dump by the Ducks. Ducks fans were ecstatic when sbisa was traded because they already realized what canucks fans know now which is that sbisa is awful.

Lol negative energy when it's just legit criticism of Benning. I'm sure burying your head in the sand and waving the pom poms being oblivious to how this team is run and cheering no matter what is better. All that does is keep the status quo of mediocrity.

The signing of spiza was silly i agree but the trade is more then just the on ice performance. Kesler from most accounts was having a negitive impact so his required return to us was less then his ability would garner, thus spiza trade.

Was a reasonable assumption to make as usually only anti tankers have a problem with my user name. There's nothing really wrong with my name because Gillis was fired not long after I made the change so I was correct in my thinking. I'd update it to fire Benning but this forum removed the ability to change names so the avatar will do.

Since you find my name so offensive but praise oilers fans you must have not followed how much they hated Lowe and wanted him fired, but please go on about how awesome oilers fans are while I'm so terrible because I dont support incompetent management. Bet you're one of those people that love the sbisa contract which was indefensible and this summer just proves how overpaid sbisa is and how his agent took Benning to the cleaners.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/edmonton/frustrated-oilers-fans-post-lowe-must-go-newspaper-ad-1.2879751

http://www.coppernblue.com/2014/1/22/5334500/lowe-must-go-campaign-reaches-hilarious-new-heights

ugh shut up.

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle

Hall - McDavid - Yakupov

Korpikoski - Letestu - Purcell

Hendricks - Lander - Pitlick

Klinkhammer

Sekera - Fayne

Kelfbom - Schultz

Ference/Reinhart/Nikitin - Gryba

2 of Ference/Reinhart/Nikitin

Talbot

Scrivens

That defense is still absolute trash. They basically have 3 second paring defenseman and 4 3rd paring defenseman.

Pretty much the Canucks except we have 1 2nd pair and 2 3rd pairs.

I would take a Edler over Sekera any day of the week.

Hamuis and Tanev are better than anyone the oil have outside of Sekera.

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov

Draisaitl - Lander - Purcell

Korpikoski - Letestu - Klinkhammer

Ference - Schultz

Sekera - Fayne

Nikitin - Gryba

Klefbom

Reinhart

Nurse

Talbot

Scrivens

My summary:

- One of the best first lines in the NHL

- Mediocre bottom-9 wingers

- Average top-4 defence

- Average to below average goaltending

The Oilers are still going to suck next season, I doubt they make the playoffs. When they compare to a team like, say Vancouver, their first line may be slightly better than ours but everything else is heavily weighted towards Vancouver, who are expected to be a bubble playoff team this season.

That being said, with McDavid and Draisaitl only getting better, and Nurse and Reinhart soon to be star defenders, the Oilers will have a Chicago-like core to build around. They desperately need better wingers though.

I see the Oilers running veterans with Connor McDavid, something like this:

Hall-Nugent Hopkins-Eberle

Pouliot-McDavid-Purcell

Korpikoski-Lander-Yakupov

Hendricks-Letestu-Klinkhammer

Lander will be the 3-line centre, for sure. I don't see Leon Draisaitl making the team, nor would it be good for him to do so. Give him a season in the American League, then maybe shift him to the wing? Purcell's contract would be easy to trade next season.

The defence will probably change before the season starts. One of Nikitin or Ference will likely be bought out, or maybe they'll walk away from Schultz? Cap space is now an issue for the Oilers, especially if they want to add another defenceman.

Right now, it would probably be:

Sekera-Fayne

Klefbom-Schultz

Nikitin-Gryba

Ference

Nikitin might be worse than Nurse or Reinhart, so if he's bought out, one of them could come up.

In goal, I see Ben Scrivens being traded. Chiarelli said he wanted competition in training camp, but Scrivens costs as much as Nilsson and Talbot put together, and Talbot will be a UFA next season, and looking for a raise. Maybe he's traded during training camp? He can't be bought out, as he makes too little.

I would take a Edler over Sekera any day of the week.

Hamuis and Tanev are better than anyone the oil have outside of Sekera.

Yep not arguing that. Our top 3 defenders are all solid but the rest of the defender depth is pretty crappy tbh. It's decent depth but not good at all.

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov

Draisaitl - Lander - Purcell

Korpikoski - Letestu - Klinkhammer

Ference - Schultz

Sekera - Fayne

Nikitin - Gryba

Klefbom

Reinhart

Nurse

Talbot

Scrivens

My summary:

- One of the best first lines in the NHL

- Mediocre bottom-9 wingers

- Average top-4 defence

- Average to below average goaltending

The Oilers are still going to suck next season, I doubt they make the playoffs. When they compare to a team like, say Vancouver, their first line may be slightly better than ours but everything else is heavily weighted towards Vancouver, who are expected to be a bubble playoff team this season.

That being said, with McDavid and Draisaitl only getting better, and Nurse and Reinhart soon to be star defenders, the Oilers will have a Chicago-like core to build around. They desperately need better wingers though.

So you're saying Vancouver's 2nd line of Bonino, centering Higgins and Burrows is better than (heavily weighted LMAO) the McDavid, Pouliot and Yakupov 2nd line that you suggested? That might be the dumbest post I've seen in the history of dumb posts on this site. Stick to Aussie rules football maybe mate!

Archived