The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers Line Pairings

Wait a few more weeks, as I don't know if they are done yet, then we have to see who does what coming out of training camp. I for one can't wait to breakdown the Pacific division and make predictions, but I will reserve that for when I get a better clue as to what the final rosters will look like.

Im gonna say though, for speculation purposes, that RNH/Eberle are a duo with any left winger inserted, and McDavid/Hall are a duo with any right winger inserted, that puts a playmaker with a finisher on each of the first two lines. Basically a 1A/1B line type situation.

The Oilers can actually cobble together a pretty decent bottom 6 now for the first time in forever... which will be every bit as important to their success this year as their top 6.

Hall-RNH-Eberle

Pouliot-McD-Yakupov

Letestu-Draisaitl-Purcell

Korpikoski-Hendricks-Klinkhammer/Lander

The Oilers can actually cobble together a pretty decent bottom 6 now for the first time in forever... which will be every bit as important to their success this year as their top 6.

Hall-RNH-Eberle

Pouliot-McD-Yakupov

Letestu-Draisaitl-Purcell

Korpikoski-Hendricks-Klinkhammer/Lander

While RNH is a great player, he's been <50% on faceoffs for his whole career. Good news is, he's getting better. But I can't help but wonder if they'll move him to the wing for something like this:

Hall-McDavid-Eberle

RNH-Draisaitl-Yakupov

Pouliot-Letestu-Purcell

Korpikoski-Hendricks-Klinkhammer

Schultz-Sekera

Nikitin-Nurse

Klefbom-Ference/Gryba

Gryba/Ference

Talbot

Scrivens

Breaking news! McDavid remembers how to skate still! God damn I'm so jealous and mad the oilers landed him. That fanbase doesn't deserve him!

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/617022605883633664

iNVelRn.png

While I agree that the oilers did not deserve Mcdavid , I have to disagree about there fan base. Seeing as they have sucked for 8 years and still sell out there arena while our own fan base starts to turn on the team at the very hint of a bad season.

Looking at your name and profile picture I find it ironic that you of all people would say that. You embody the nature of being a crap fan and are the reason i am ashamed to call myself a Canucks fan at times and the reason Canucks fans are hated country wide.

While I agree that the oilers did not deserve Mcdavid , I have to disagree about there fan base. Seeing as they have sucked for 8 years and still sell out there arena while our own fan base starts to turn on the team at the very hint of a bad season.

Looking at your name and profile picture I find it ironic that you of all people would say that. You embody the nature of being a crap fan and are the reason i am ashamed to call myself a Canucks fan at times and the reason Canucks fans are hated country wide.

Nah, the oilers already had gretzky and a dynasty. Their fans don't deserve McDavid. The reason why they sell out is because there's nothing else to do in Edmonton compared to vancouver. Also, you don't think they turned on their team? Did you miss all the fire lowe stuff that went on forever or all the jerseys tossed onto the ice there?

I think I'm a great fan because I have long term thinking about this team, so won't apologize for the tanking cheering. I want to see this team succeed long term and want to see a cup win before I die. I'll take the short term pain if it means drafting a superstar who would help this team long term and make us contenders. Chicago lost for like a decade, but now have 3 cups in 6 years. I'd take a decade of losing for that in a heart beat and would for just even 1 cup!

Fans like yourself are the reason why this management won't rebuild and wants to retool instead. You have no long term thinking and just want short term happiness at trying to contend for the playoffs even though we're no threat and just get bounced and embarrassed in the first round. You encourage the cycle of mediocrity of this franchise. It's quite shameful, that even most toronto fans are embracing the rebuild now, while canucks fans like yourself still just want to retool and are happy to drink the management retool kool-aid. I think the tankers have the most passion and best interest of this franchise's future in their hearts.

Nah, the oilers already had gretzky and a dynasty. Their fans don't deserve McDavid. The reason why they sell out is because there's nothing else to do in Edmonton compared to vancouver. Also, you don't think they turned on their team? Did you miss all the fire lowe stuff that went on forever or all the jerseys tossed onto the ice there?

I think I'm a great fan because I have long term thinking about this team, so won't apologize for the tanking cheering. I want to see this team succeed long term and want to see a cup win before I die. I'll take the short term pain if it means drafting a superstar who would help this team long term and make us contenders. Chicago lost for like a decade, but now have 3 cups in 6 years. I'd take a decade of losing for that in a heart beat and would for just even 1 cup!

Fans like yourself are the reason why this management won't rebuild and wants to retool instead. You have no long term thinking and just want short term happiness at trying to contend for the playoffs even though we're no threat and just get bounced and embarrassed in the first round. You encourage the cycle of mediocrity of this franchise. It's quite shameful, that even most toronto fans are embracing the rebuild now, while canucks fans like yourself still just want to retool and are happy to drink the management retool kool-aid. I think the tankers have the most passion and best interest of this franchise's future in their hearts.

Canucks fans like myself? Where are you getting that I don't support a rebuild?

All I was saying was that your offensive user name and profile pic are quite hypocritical when talking about undeserving fans.

Obviously you are embarrassed about this fact because you totally changed the subject to Something unrelated and untrue.

PS I support a rebuild

Canucks fans like myself? Where are you getting that I don't support a rebuild?

All I was saying was that your offensive user name and profile pic are quite hypocritical when talking about undeserving fans.

Obviously you are embarrassed about this fact because you totally changed the subject to Something unrelated and untrue.

PS I support a rebuild

Was a reasonable assumption to make as usually only anti tankers have a problem with my user name. There's nothing really wrong with my name because Gillis was fired not long after I made the change so I was correct in my thinking. I'd update it to fire Benning but this forum removed the ability to change names so the avatar will do.

Since you find my name so offensive but praise oilers fans you must have not followed how much they hated Lowe and wanted him fired, but please go on about how awesome oilers fans are while I'm so terrible because I dont support incompetent management. Bet you're one of those people that love the sbisa contract which was indefensible and this summer just proves how overpaid sbisa is and how his agent took Benning to the cleaners.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/edmonton/frustrated-oilers-fans-post-lowe-must-go-newspaper-ad-1.2879751

http://www.coppernblue.com/2014/1/22/5334500/lowe-must-go-campaign-reaches-hilarious-new-heights

Was a reasonable assumption to make as usually only anti tankers have a problem with my user name. There's nothing really wrong with my name because Gillis was fired not long after I made the change so I was correct in my thinking. I'd update it to fire Benning but this forum removed the ability to change names so the avatar will do.

Since you find my name so offensive but praise oilers fans you must have not followed how much they hated Lowe and wanted him fired, but please go on about how awesome oilers fans are while I'm so terrible because I dont support incompetent management. Bet you're one of those people that love the sbisa contract which was indefensible and this summer just proves how overpaid sbisa is and how his agent took Benning to the cleaners.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/edmonton/frustrated-oilers-fans-post-lowe-must-go-newspaper-ad-1.2879751

http://www.coppernblue.com/2014/1/22/5334500/lowe-must-go-campaign-reaches-hilarious-new-heights

Lol. Your barking up the wrong tree again. I don't understand all the personal accusations you're making about me. I guess you've never seen my posts before.

In your opinion , what should have Benning done with sbisa? That was the cheapest contract he could get because of his former contract. I guess you're of the opinion we should have let him walk for nothing or more likely your mad about the Kessler trade.

I don't agree with all of Bennings moves myself but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong and hope he does. I'm willing to have faith in Bennings hockey knowledge knowing he has way more insight and experience than you and I combined. Your negative energy isn't doing any good. But I digress. I'll just block you like I should've done in the first place.

Lol. Your barking up the wrong tree again. I don't understand all the personal accusations you're making about me. I guess you've never seen my posts before.

In your opinion , what should have Benning done with sbisa? That was the cheapest contract he could get because of his former contract. I guess you're of the opinion we should have let him walk for nothing or more likely your mad about the Kessler trade.

I don't agree with all of Bennings moves myself but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong and hope he does. I'm willing to have faith in Bennings hockey knowledge knowing he has way more insight and experience than you and I combined. Your negative energy isn't doing any good. But I digress. I'll just block you like I should've done in the first place.

Lol cheapest contract he could get for sbisa? He's an rfa. You get a better contract or take him to arbitration. Sbisa is barely an nhl dman and yes I'd rather let him walk if I could. Benning's defense of that contract being protection in case Bieksa and Hamhuis leave next year never made sense because dmen of Sbisa calibre are a dime a dozen during free agency and can be had for cheaper. The canucks even signed one in barktowski. There was no rush to sign sbisa.

Benning signed him to save face for the Kesler deal so he could point to sbisa being a valuable piece in the Kesler deal instead of a cap dump by the Ducks. Ducks fans were ecstatic when sbisa was traded because they already realized what canucks fans know now which is that sbisa is awful.

Lol negative energy when it's just legit criticism of Benning. I'm sure burying your head in the sand and waving the pom poms being oblivious to how this team is run and cheering no matter what is better. All that does is keep the status quo of mediocrity.

Archived