The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dating site horror stories.

thejazz97

I've never joined a dating site (never liked them) but my wife and I met in an MMORPG (not WOW) about 7-8 years ago. We were both in relationships and we were friends and both broke up at one point and things just kinda happened. Been married 5 years in October with a 3 1/2 year old and more on the way. It doesn't even seem like 5 years, seems like yesterday.

It's surprising how many people I know who met the same way. It's almost turned into a bit of a common thing now.

Edit: Was it Eve, Conan or Everquest?

Edit2: It wasnt freaking maplestory was it?

It's surprising how many people I know who met the same way. It's almost turned into a bit of a common thing now.

Edit: Was it Eve, Conan or Everquest?

Edit2: It wasnt freaking maplestory was it?

Actually my response to the first questions gave it away. :lol:
  • 2 weeks later...

I went on a blind date with an ex's doppelgänger. Same name. Very similar facial features. Same accent. Pretty sure they moved to Canada in the same year as well. Both had a passion the job they were doing and a passion for starting their own business, yet had not education to back it up. Both worked for Telus and worked for random jobs. Both broke.

I couldn't get away fast enough. It was honestly the strangest night of my life.

Never used dating site before, but found myself in an awkward situation recently. I was at a party, having drinks with my friends, when this pretty good looking girl comes up to me, knows my name and gives me a hug.

Not knowing who she was I played along, as if I did know her. I eventually told her I'd catch up with her later for another drink and walked off. Few hours later I'm out smoking a joint, walking back inside the venue, when this girl again shows up. This time with two friends who seemed to have been married to one another.

She gives me another feel up hug, wraps her arms around me and introduces me to her friends. Starts talking about me, telling them how much fun I am etc. We all decide to get back into the venue and have a drink, us two end up being a few feet behind, when she whispers in my ear that she'd like to sleep with me.

At the same time one of her friends calling us to the bar, so we decide to go there first. We knock back a few drinks and next thing I know is some guy shows up, asking her where she's been and gives me an awkward stare.

Turns out she's married and I didn't get to do her. Fapped myself to sleep that night!

Never used dating site before, but found myself in an awkward situation recently. I was at a party, having drinks with my friends, when this pretty good looking girl comes up to me, knows my name and gives me a hug.

Not knowing who she was I played along, as if I did know her. I eventually told her I'd catch up with her later for another drink and walked off. Few hours later I'm out smoking a joint, walking back inside the venue, when this girl again shows up. This time with two friends who seemed to have been married to one another.

She gives me another feel up hug, wraps her arms around me and introduces me to her friends. Starts talking about me, telling them how much fun I am etc. We all decide to get back into the venue and have a drink, us two end up being a few feet behind, when she whispers in my ear that she'd like to sleep with me.

At the same time one of her friends calling us to the bar, so we decide to go there first. We knock back a few drinks and next thing I know is some guy shows up, asking her where she's been and gives me an awkward stare.

Turns out she's married and I didn't get to do her. Fapped myself to sleep that night!

Smoke talk bro;)

LoL - yup... "I just want a guy with a sense of humor"... then you make a joke, she laughs, and spends the night at the bad boys place because he has a 6pack and a motor cycle ;)

As a guy who never visits the gym, is pretty short, doesn't own a car or motorcycle, and has a sense of humour, I can safely say that's just the butthurt talking. I've never had to ask for a date in this city and I have a number of friends with the same experience.

Vancouver is a great city for single guys who act like men instead of insecure boys because the dating scene is dominated by the latter. Too many obnoxious bros and faux-nerdy hipsters who deep down need a female counterpart to keep their egos afloat. Just have fun, learn to enjoy your own company and you'll get approached. Personally, I find girls who can muster up the courage to start talking to a guy tend to have their lives together more anyways.

Archived