The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Disscussion and or Proposal] Phi-VAN

Please feel free to add/ subtract to this.

I see this as a win/win as it adds to the needs of both teams.

To Van:

Samuel Morin
Defenseman - PHI
Number: 55
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 202
Shoots: Left
Born: Jul 12, 1995 (Age 20)
Birthplace: Lac-beauport, QC, Canada

To Phi:

Brendan Gaunce
Centre - VAN
Number: 50
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 207
Shoots: Left
Born: 25 Mar 1994 (Age 21)
Birthplace: Sudbury, ON, Canada

Thoughts and or flames?

In my opinion,

Gaunce brings way more to the table to the Flyers than Hagg would for the Nucks.

Phi needs help up front and Van needs help on the back end. Both teams are deep in prospects/rookies in their positions.

If needed , I would add a 2016 4th round.

Hextall has already expressed a need to move around some Def corpse.

At this point in time .. I think both teams need to push the envelope and start moving around pieces.

In my opinion,

Gaunce brings way more to the table to the Flyers than Hagg would for the Nucks.

Phi needs help up front and Van needs help on the back end. Both teams are deep in prospects/rookies in their positions.

If needed , I would add a 2016 4th round.

Hextall has already expressed a need to move around some Def corpse.

At this point in time .. I think both teams need to push the envelope and start moving around pieces.

The flyer aren't going to give up on a 20 year old first round pick before he has even played a Pro game....

Gaunce for Hagg is a fair trade

The flyer aren't going to give up on a 20 year old first round pick before he has even played a Pro game....

Gaunce for Hagg is a fair trade

I totally agree, never said the were giving up on him. Canucks are not giving up on Gaunce either.

I was just suggesting a trade from a point of strength : Gaunce at centre.

Morin at defence.

Point of strength from either team respectfully.

I totally agree, never said the were giving up on him. Canucks are not giving up on Gaunce either.

I was just suggesting a trade from a point of strength : Gaunce at centre.

Morin at defence.

Point of strength from either team respectfully.

Morin 11th overall

Gaunce 26rd overall

Doesn't make any sense, especailly when you look at the FLyers farm system, most of there defence prospects are under 6'1

Anyone able to provide a difference between Alt and Hagg? Seems like they're interchangeable.

Hagg is 20, Alt is 23. Hagg is still a season away from making an impact on the NHL team, but has top 4 potential. Alt could make an immediate impact, but probably wouldn't be better than a 5/6

Philly's main need is defense. They're pretty much set for forwards minus a true LW for Giroux and Voracek. Would love to get Morin but don't think Gaunce could get him. Gaunce for Hagg I agree is fair.

In the next few years, Philly is going to have MacDonald, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, Gostisbehere, Haag, Gudas, etc on the back-end. They'll be fine on defense.

Phillys biggest concern is there D core right now. Streit and Schenn will most likely not be re-signed after there contracts and i wouldnt be surprised if they move Mcdonald.

They are banking on Manning, Provarov, Sanheim, Morin and Hagg to be there future core. While i do think it is a very promising future D core I think if they do let one go it would be Hagg as he has the "least" upside out of them.

To me if the deal was Gaunce for Hagg or even Morin I would not do it. To me they both have similar upside to Clendenning and Corrado, i dont feel a need for a player with simlar status as them, I would look to drafting a future star Dman or making a bigger deal and Aquiring one with a higher potential.

In the next few years, Philly is going to have MacDonald, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, Gostisbehere, Haag, Gudas, etc on the back-end. They'll be fine on defense.

wow, all their prospects will work out. That will be a first ever.

Phillys biggest concern is there D core right now. Streit and Schenn will most likely not be re-signed after there contracts and i wouldnt be surprised if they move Mcdonald.

They are banking on Manning, Provarov, Sanheim, Morin and Hagg to be there future core. While i do think it is a very promising future D core I think if they do let one go it would be Hagg as he has the "least" upside out of them.

To me if the deal was Gaunce for Hagg or even Morin I would not do it. To me they both have similar upside to Clendenning and Corrado, i dont feel a need for a player with simlar status as them, I would look to drafting a future star Dman or making a bigger deal and Aquiring one with a higher potential.

This is a great rebuttal.

My train of thought is being.... Hextall voiced that they what to move (D-men).

My train of thought is being.... Canucks are sorta/kinda/somewhat/ ok at centre.

PHi- Gaunce

Van-Morin

I am defiantly a homer, My cup is always half full.

Our problem, for the last decade, we have never had the chance to draft this so called "Star Dman"

Oh no doubt. If they have another down year and snag either Chychrun or Day they'll be loaded.

My train of thought is being.... Canucks are sorta/kinda/somewhat/ ok at centre.

PHi- Gaunce

Van-Morin

Our problem, for the last decade, we have never had the chance to draft this so called "Star Dman"

Hextall want's to move his veterans and big contracts, not his youth.

PHi- Gaunce

Van-Morin

Yah but Hextall also didnt say he wants to move a young NHL ready Dman......Everyone in the media and league knows he wants to move Schenn or Macdonald. Hextall loves his young Dmen they wont be moved

wow, all their prospects will work out. That will be a first ever.

1) The Flyers have some pretty solid bets in Sanheim and Provorov. Both are really good defenseman. I remember analysts saying that Provorov was the most NHL ready defenseman in the draft.

2) Gudas and MacDonald are already sure-fire NHLers.

3) I guess Gostisbehere is a bit more of a question mark because of his injury, but he's lit it up in every league he's been in thus far, and Flyers fans are really high on him.

4) Morin is a solid d-man who has a high ceiling. Even if he doesn't reach his ceiling, he should be a sure-fire NHLer based on his size, physicality, and mobility.

5) Haag is the only question mark out of this bunch, but he seems decent at this time, so we'll have to wait and see on him.

So yes, the Flyers are fine on defense.

I'd take a stab at one of Carolina's good young defencemen actually. They've got Faulk in for the long-haul and after drafting Hanifin, it looks like that top pairing isn't going to change for the better part of a decade.

Haydn Fleury is still a young left handed defenceman who's putting up points in junior. He was a former high first round pick but won't ever be better than Hanifin, and is still a couple of years away from the NHL. Sure, Carolina could sit on him and build a really solid defence around Hanifin, Fleury and Faulk, but we could take a chance on him now while he's still developing.

Archived