The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Building a classroom in Africa

Lucky Day

My partner and I are doing research right now, our ambition is to open a classroom overseas for children who wouldn't have opportunity to learn in a proper environment.

The project will cost around $15,000- $20,000. We are driven to make it a reality

Does anyone out there work in non-profit? any advice on fundraising?

Thanks a lot, cheers

post-124453-0-56931800-1437622871_thumb.

post-124453-0-53890900-1437622885_thumb.

My partner and I are doing research right now, our ambition is to open a classroom overseas for children who wouldn't have opportunity to learn in a proper environment.

The project will cost around $15,000- $20,000. We are driven to make it a reality

Does anyone out there work in non-profit? any advice on fundraising?

Thanks a lot, cheers

crowd-funding, you could probably raise 20K if done right, your end goal is probably decently popular with the general populace...

Education is the first step in breaking the poverty cycle. As education rate goes up, the birth rate naturally goes down.

Exactly

love the at old saying "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a life time."

The priority of the world should be to find a way so that every man, woman and especially child have clean water, food and shelter. Where they can learn in peace and prosper.

Sadly this does not make money for those that control the major commodities and the entire populace with those commodities.

Archived