The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best place/website to purchase game tickets

ruilin96

I am from the Vancouver Island and has hopped on the Canucks bandwagon in the year of 2011 :towel: Even tho we did not have much success since that year, I remain loyal and still am a big fan of the Canucks and believe they will be onto something big in the future! I have never been to a real life NHL game before and I am planning to go to a game this upcoming season :) with my friends (a group of 2-4 people). I am wondering where is the best/most reliable website/place to purchase good value tickets. I know TicketMaster is one, but I am wondering if there is anywhere else to get tickets! Thanks CDCs :)

Usually get mine the day of the game on stubhub got 2nd row seats for 68 bucks each vs buffalo as long as the USD and CAD are close it's a great cheap way to buy tickets (only seems to be in USD on stubhub could be wrong tho?) It's a bit risky since you could end up paying lots or little but I'm a gambling man. Good luck hope you get some good tickets and enjoy the game!

I would look online to see if any hotels have packages.

Some that are within walking distance to the arena put together some decent prices.

I know that some of these packages are for 2-4 people.

Then again, if you aren't planning on paying for a hotel, maybe this isn't for you.

Thanks everyone for your responses! Got my ticket on Vivid Seats and it is the one against the Leafs! A Leaf fan of mine is coming along with me as well, hopefully it will be a great experience! Thanks! PS: Blackskate jersey throwback night, hope our boys will be rockin' that night!

Holy crap. To anyone looking to buy tickets, NOW is the time to do it. I have no idea WTF just happened, just all of the prices on stubhub just dropped 16% for canucks games. It's like stubhub has cut out the buyer's fee entirely (the hidden fee) and is just charging 10% on all sales. All tickets dropped a lot in price. Toronto went from $120 to $104, etc. Pre-seasons for $14 .... wow. Don't know if it's an error or if they are doing it because of lack of demand? Either way doubt it lasts.

Yeah, just looked... . stubhub is listing all canucks tickets for the "sell price" instead of the "buyer sees" price. Basically a huge discount. Anyone who sells on stubhub knows what I mean. Is this a glitch?

Edit: It's not just for canucks games, looks like it is for many other events too. Definitely a glitch. When you go to the listings page, it will say "FROM: $80" or whatever, but then click on it and it shows $66 or whatever amount (roughly 15% less).

Well nevermind the above. Definitely a glitch. When you go all the way through the checkout process, the "real price" is shown. Even though it says $104 for leafs tickets, when you actually click on them and go to checkout the higher price is shown. You could always try complaining and maybe you'll get the price though :)

I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for the "all in pricing"? Maybe they are going to go back to the old "Buyers fees" at the checkout process. Hopefully. That was a much more transparent and understandable method.

ruilin96, just out of curiosity, how much were the tickets and where?

Are ticket prices down this year compared to last, or up once again

Well the tickets were $104 each and there is a 25% service charge to it as well, the seats are at Section 306 Row 10.

Archived