The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maxim Lapierre signs in Sweden

Of course. The reason we want this guy is so we can lose in style. No wonder I was confused by people pining.

Can you condense your anger to 1 post instead of 4 consecutive posts for the future. No need to have a snotty response on this one to, just keep it in mind. Lol

Good on Lappy for latching onto a team in the SEL...Europe is starting to look like a place where thirty-somethings go to make a couple hundos and check out a little overseas living for a life experience.

I'm guessing Lappy will actually be a pretty decent player for Sweden...if Bill Sweatt and Anton Rodin can be stars in the SEL, then Lappy should do well.

Prust MaxLap Dorsett would be hard forechecking good defensively and probably one of the most hated lines in the entire league. They would stir the pot bang some bodies and create a lot of turnovers. IMO Vey, Vrt, Shink, Baer shouldn't be brought in to play on the 4th line anyway. As for Gaunce, Jensen, Grenier, Cassels? would make fine 4th line injury callups. Nobody takes a game down into the dumper quite like Lappy and if memory serves he was second on our team in Fo% behind Kes.

He was until he signed in Sweden you clown. God, I knew there'd be some "I'd take him back" bull$hit, but this is pathetic.

First Kovalchuk and now Lapierre. It's on you Bettman! This loss of talent is on you!

(That said, we'll likely see him in Vegas)

Wow you just mentioned Kovi and Lappy in the same breath to make a point. Loss of credibility is staggering. Edit*(I see now this was sarcasm at least I hope)

Their age has more to do with that then anything...i agree with both sides tho, they are good enough to ay in the league but it's not the NHL that failed them. There's a crazy amount of good players out there now days and it's really flushing out the older bottom 6 grinders.

I hope Lapierre makes it back soon.

I personally look forward to KeslerplayslikeaCanadian's sarcasm and wit he has some real zingers which brighten my day...some people on here seriously lack the ability to read sarcasm.

On the real though, do you really think Lappierre deserves a spot on the nucks roster? he was done 2 years ago and really doesnt fit in with our youth movement. Makes no sense to sign a guy like that to take a roster spot away from a potential prospect lol

I personally look forward to KeslerplayslikeaCanadian's sarcasm and wit he has some real zingers which brighten my day...some people on here seriously lack the ability to read sarcasm.

On the real though, do you really think Lappierre deserves a spot on the nucks roster? he was done 2 years ago and really doesnt fit in with our youth movement. Makes no sense to sign a guy like that to take a roster spot away from a potential prospect lol

Trust me I love sarcasm, when it's called for haha.

I think people are more upset that they didn't get opportunities elsewhere.

I would have taken Zidlicky over Weber, and Glencross over Vey, all day every day.

Zidlicky has really, really regressed over the years--especially defensively. Devils fans like myself grew tired of him.

Like Zidlicky, Glencross may put up decent stats, but isn't very good anymore.

Archived