The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] From Sportsnet Article - Value for Stamkos from Calgary

Mark Spector posted an article about how Flames GM Brad Treliving is madly working the phones to shake up his roster.  He mentioned how he inquired about pending UFA Stamkos. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flames-seeking-a-big-trade-to-clean-up-a-big-mess/

Obviously I think there is a VERY slim chance of this deal happening (pretty much 0% chance), as superstars are almost never traded BUT for fun, with all of Calgary's young assets, what do you think the price would be for Stamkos from Yzerman?

My opinion is that they would ask for Monahan, Russell, Ferland and a first round pick

If I was Tampa Bay? I'd demand Monahan, Gaudreau, Hamilton and a 1st Rounder.

The bargain, maybe a 2rd Rounder but I'd want all the big pieces Calgary has in return.

And Steve Yzerman might still laugh in your face. Not enough!

If I was Tampa Bay? I'd demand Monahan, Gaudreau, Hamilton and a 1st Rounder.

The bargain, maybe a 2rd Rounder but I'd want all the big pieces Calgary has in return.

And Steve Yzerman might still laugh in your face. Not enough!

I cant see why Calgary would do this. Gaudreau is a ppg player so far and had 60 plus in his rookie season and Monahan scored 30 in his second year. Plus add Hamilton and a 1st? Wow!

I get Stamkos is great but he is a pending ufa and this trade for Calgary is atrocious. Not to mention IF he re-signs you're looking at league max. Sorry bud but thats way, way off.

I cant see why Calgary would do this. Gaudreau is a ppg player so far and had 60 plus in his rookie season and Monahan scored 30 in his second year. Plus add Hamilton and a 1st? Wow!

I get Stamkos is great but he is a pending ufa and this trade for Calgary is atrocious. Not to mention IF he re-signs you're looking at league max. Sorry bud but thats way, way off.

I could see Monahan and a first, but any more is stupid.  I hate the Flames, but IMO they should never trade Gaudreau.  He's a unique talent, perfectly suited to the new NHL.  I think I just vomited in my mouth.  Yuk!

High end young gun like Monahan, Gaudreau, or Bennett, plus  Brodie/Hamilton, and at least a first and a second. If not a first and a second then maybe two firsts. BUT In my opinion  this won't solve any of Calgary's problem. Goaltending  is the main concern. So this does very little for the Flames. Yes adding Stamkos would be extraordinary, but they need someone who can stop a puck every now and then. 

They could have had demko lol

Archived