The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 WJHC Pool - League Is Full

AriGold

2016_WJC_logo_672x412.jpg

r6qvgRC.png

zE4luyS.png

2CzLitz.png

Welcome to my 4th annual WJHC pool, THIS IS AN INVITE LEAGUE ONLY.

The draft will start on Saturday December 12th at 7am with picks being 5 hours in length starting at 7am and ending at 12am PST. If you miss your pick you may make it up at anytime. Once you have made your selection please quote the next GM up to let them know they may make their pick.

Rules:

• Each team consists of 3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie.
  • Snake draft order. Draft order to be determined.
  • The majority of the draft will be done offline, so as soon as 10 teams have been filled we will use a website to determine the draft order *Website is http://www.draftpicklottery.com/*
  • If a player is injured before the tournament, his team may choose to replace him with another player who has yet to be drafted. If a player is injured during a tournament game, he may not be replaced.
  • If a player is chosen but fails to make the final cut for his team, his team may choose to replace him with another player who has yet to be drafted.
  • No trading picks.
  • You may change your pick at any time until the next pick is taken.
  • You don't select a individual goalie, you select a whole teams goaltending for the entire tournament.

Scoring System:

• Goal & Shootout Winning Goal - 1 point
  • Assist - 1 point
  • Win - 1 points
  • Shutout - 1 point

Draft Results:

Time Line:

Draft Start - The draft will start on Saturday December 12th at 7am, if you wish to pick prior to this time you are allowed to but there will be ZERO pressure on other GM's if they wish to wait until Saturday December 13th.

Draft Limits and key dates - The Draft will run with 5 hour time limits from 7am-12am every day until Sunday December 21st at 11:59pm. From Monday December 22nd - 23rd the draft will have a 1 hour time limit from 7am - 12am to complete the draft.

Player Swaps - If you choose a player and they are cut from the team or injured prior to December 24th we will compile a list of these players and let the GM's re-select players based on the draft position of the player they lost. This is not a first come first serve re-draft so don't post that your player is injured and you want to re-select somebody else prior to Dec 23rd.

Fringe Players - If you select a player like Connor McDavid in the last round with the hopes he will be released that is just fine. You will just re-pick that position on December 24th during the re-draft.

Any questions or anything I have forgotten just let me know !

1. Dylan Strome
2. Auston Matthews
3. Mitch Marner
4. Brayden Point
5. William Nylander
6. Jesse Puljujarvi
7. Sonny Milano
8. Canada's Goaltending
9. Matthew Tkachuk
10. Mikko Rantanen

11. Finland's Goaltending
12. Christian Dvorak
13. Evgeny Svechnikov
14. Sweden's Goaltending
15. Patrik Laine
16. Russian Goaltenders
17. USA Goaltenders
18.  Ivan Provorov 
19.  Alexander Nylander

The draft order will be done tomorrow via  http://www.draftpicklottery.com/

Everybody gets 1 ball, I shuffle it 5 times and on the 5th time that is the draft order.

Same as last year, wither I pick 1st or 10th i post it as is. I have no reason to cheat for a free fun hockey pool.

For the record last year I ran 2 pools, the winner of the "2nd" pool HowYaDrouin selected 2nd overall. I was the winner of the main pool and I selected 4th overall.

59 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Crappppppp...

Couldn't think of a position I wanted less. Especially seeing as there isn't a huge superstar this year.

Yeah this year I think its missing stars but is deep in talent, lots of similar guys. Solid pick, Canada 1C will always do well

11 minutes ago, canucklax said:

Yeah this year I think its missing stars but is deep in talent, lots of similar guys. Solid pick, Canada 1C will always do well

I said it last year at the end of the pool and I will say it again this year.

USA will win gold this year.

3 minutes ago, AriGold said:

I said it last year at the end of the pool and I will say it again this year.

USA will win gold this year.

I sure hope you're right, but I don't have as much confidence in them as you do lol. What is it about the team that makes you say that?

I like our forward group but our defense seems thin and we have unproven goalies compared to the european teams

15 minutes ago, canucklax said:

I sure hope you're right, but I don't have as much confidence in them as you do lol. What is it about the team that makes you say that?

I like our forward group but our defense seems thin and we have unproven goalies compared to the european teams

Defense is average, you have 3 awesome guys in my opinion and you have 3 below average guys.. (Dont want to name names)

Your offense is pretty good just a little thin up the middle after Matthews.

I do like Halverson though, he doesnt have a great record right now but he plays on a bad team.

I expect he will put on a show this year...

Archived