The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RJ Trade Rumors

Hey everyone, as most of you already know Ryan Johansen will most likely get traded from the Blue Jackets within the next few months. Sources have said Vancouver could be possible destination for him. My question is do you think the  Vancouver management would trade 2 or 3 assets like horvat, McCann, virtanen, boeser, tanev or Hutton to get a player like RJ? Thanks for the read. 

2 hours ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

Hey everyone, as most of you already know Ryan Johansen will most likely get traded from the Blue Jackets within the next few months. Sources have said Vancouver could be possible destination for him. My question is do you think the  Vancouver management would trade 2 or 3 assets like horvat, McCann, virtanen, boeser, tanev or Hutton to get a player like RJ? Thanks for the read. 

A couple of things:

1. To post in this sub-forum, you should always add a tag to your title (like [Proposal] or [Discussion]). This is most likely a [Discussion] type of thread, since there isn't a specific proposal.
  2. There's an existing rumour thread already in the Trades, Rumours and Signings sub-forum:  [Rumour] Jarmo Kekäläinen fielding offers for Ryan Johansen

I wouldn't jump to saying it's likely he'll get traded, even if there is animosity there. If CBJ doesn't get close enough to the return they'd want then they don't have to move him. For Vancouver to be in the running I'd think a forward and defenceman similar to what you listed would have to be involved, plus maybe a lesser pick or prospect depending on which pieces.

Johansen has no bargaining power to choose where he goes so he won't be able to force a deal to Vancouver. Vancouver likely won't outbid anyone either, so I doubt it happens.

2 minutes ago, ghjffbali said:

Why trade for him and sell the farm in the process when you're well on your way to drafting someone just as talented as him to begin with.

Some one who projects to be just as talented as him.

There is a big difference between drafting a rookie tabbed to be a star and acquiring an established star.

If Henrik is injured and it takes time to make a rcovery; does this put more pressure on Vancouver management to make a move?

If so; How much is JB willing to part with to get a player like RJ? He is very early in his career which would make me comfortable parting with one of our top prospect centers, but which one?

Bo is not having a stellar season so far but I believe he'll turn it around. McCann is showing top two potential but with Sutter seemingly being touted as a key center moving forward, does this leave any room for McCann or Horvat for that matter? I believe both to be destined for more than a fourth line center role. If an RJ trade did come about, this, in my eyes, makes both Horvat and MCCann valuable assets that could be used to shore up a core of wingers not named Sedin or add a stud defensive prospect.

A center core of Sedin, Johansen, Sutter and Cracknell is, in my mind, makes the center position in Vancouver a strength now and in the future, as the Canucks prepare for the post Sedin era and could facilitate the Sedins dropping to the second line, allowing a younger core of forwards to take on the heavy work load.. Cracknell has shown to be a very valuable asset to a defensively minded fourth line and came at a very affordable price. 

Archived