The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Send Virtanen back to junior

yes we can nucks

Just now, Rush17 said:

He deserved the A Crouse got imo.  Virt had a massive game finally gained some steam then they opt to give it to Lawson freaking Crouse.  Jake really isnt liked on team canada. keeps getting shafted and players dont like passing too him i swear too god. lol.

Hope Virt gets in for 1-2 more nhl games b4 a decision is made.

I'm a huge Virt fan but I can see why they'd get pissed off with him after the lack of discipline he's shown lol. But people need to look at the bigger picture and think longer term...how many cdc'ers thought Gaunce was useless and Shinkaruk was a bust until not too long ago? It was a tough situation for Virtanen this year and I can understand why management thought it was best for him to be in the NHL. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him back in Calgary (if JB decides it won't destroy his confidence. I'd hope Virtanen is mature enough to understand he's just not ready yet) and at least a year in the AHL afterwards. If Travis Green is back he could do wonders for Jake. 

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I'm a huge Virt fan but I can see why they'd get pissed off with him after the lack of discipline he's shown lol. But people need to look at the bigger picture and think longer term...how many cdc'ers thought Gaunce was useless and Shinkaruk was a bust until not too long ago? It was a tough situation for Virtanen this year and I can understand why management thought it was best for him to be in the NHL. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him back in Calgary (if JB decides it won't destroy his confidence. I'd hope Virtanen is mature enough to understand he's just not ready yet) and at least a year in the AHL afterwards. If Travis Green is back he could do wonders for Jake. 

I believe he would of been more disicplined if he wasnt so frustrated by team canada.  He wouldnt of taken those late penalties if he was in a different mindset.  Yeah he cost us but tbh blackwood was terrible all game. 

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I believe he would of been more disicplined if he wasnt so frustrated by team canada.  He wouldnt of taken those late penalties if he was in a different mindset.  Yeah he cost us but tbh blackwood was terrible all game. 

He'll grow out of it. He's gonna get a talking to for sure. And on Blackwood, that's precisely it. Even with the penalties Canada could have won if not for a couple brutal goals allowed by Blackwood.

Archived