The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McDavid Trade (hypothetical)

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

McDavid won't be traded, that's just crazy talk.

They've got lots of other forwards that will be moved way before McDavid. There is also no issues so far with Edmonton. It's not a realistic scenario. 

It's hypothetical, not realistic. He's just asking a question.

On 2/7/2016 at 9:51 AM, WHL rocks said:

No.

Horvat is our future captain and Horton is our future Norris D and the 1st is going to be Mathews because we're going to win the draft lotto. 

When have the Canucks ever had good luck in the lotto? 

11 minutes ago, smokes said:

When have the Canucks ever had good luck in the lotto? 

I was being sarcastic, guess it didn't come across too well. 

Of Course you give that up for McDavid, without a second thought.

Edmonton wouldn't trade McDavid, period. He's the best player in the NHL for the next 15 years. A mega star in the making, you don't trade him.

On 2/6/2016 at 5:49 AM, Rocksterh8 said:

I normally don't do hypothetical questions, but I'm curious about this one.

If Conner McDavid was disgruntled in Edm and demanded a trade. The Oliers offered him to Canucks for Horvat, Hutton and 2016 1st would you take it?  No twerking the trade, just Yes or No.

Better chance of seeing the Canucks win 10 stanley cups in a row than for this to happen.

I would trade:

Horvat

Hutton

McCann

Virtanen

1st 

Plus more if needed. 

McDavid is going to be a pain in the a$$ for us for a long time, but atleast he is on a canadian team. When we are eliminated i would be going for any canadian team to win (except the leafs). Theres Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Towes, and Kane. Then there's McDavid, the Oilers hit big here, real big. I would actually be dissappointed if they dont win a cup with him. They sure will be a fun team to watch.

Go Canucks Go!

As I said in a similar post a few months ago. Hypothetically the value of McDavid, is equivalent to the entire Canucks and Jets organizations.

So if those two teams would split Mcdavid into two entities, that would equate to trading their entire teams, for half a McDavid.

Seems about right in trade value. Hypothetically speaking of course...

To get Edmonton to even consider trading McDavid, you would have to throw in the entire flames roster as well. Even then Edmonton would still hang up the phone.

Archived