The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ryan Murray 2yr extension

86Viking

Brennan Klak
‏@nhlupdate
Blue Jackets extend Ryan Murray on a two year deal at a 2.825M cap hit.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/02/murray-signs-2-year-extension.html

Bridge contract extension for Murray, if he can stay healthy that will go a long way in helping him develop into the D that they drafted with the high pick.

8 minutes ago, kingjatt said:

Imagine if the Oilers took him and Seguin.. Probably wouldn't have allowed them to nab McJesus

The Oilers could have drafted Keith, Seabrook, Toews, and Kane and they still would have found a way to screw it up.

On 2/12/2016 at 3:00 AM, cuporbust said:

To bad the Columbus public  think Brian Murray was that dude from cady shack. I would be surprised if anyone in  columbus even knows they have a hockey team. 

Actually the Blue Jacket have a much better fan base than the Canucks, the team still gets support after years of losing and when they make it to the playoffs? I'll say it right now: They have the best live atmosphere and fans in the entire league."

You may be about to find out what those of us who went through the late 90's discovered, there really aren't that many Canuck fans in Vancouver.

Buffalo, Philly, Rangers ect. these buildings are full no matter how the team is doing, Blue Jackets? Not quite at that level, but still respectable,

Vancouver? Embarrassing......get ready for Arizona like attendance.

28 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Actually the Blue Jacket have a much better fan base than the Canucks, the team still gets support after years of losing and when they make it to the playoffs? I'll say it right now: They have the best live atmosphere and fans in the entire league."

You may be about to find out what those of us who went through the late 90's discovered, there really aren't that many Canuck fans in Vancouver.

Buffalo, Philly, Rangers ect. these buildings are full no matter how the team is doing, Blue Jackets? Not quite at that level, but still respectable,

Oh I was around then. I am more then aware of how that went. The Canucks haven't had less then 18000 average in attendance  in 13 years. Wouldn't exactly call that embarrassing considering capacity at Rogers. Lol. But sure. 

5 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

By the way, the blue jackets are 28th in the league for attendance this year. Thanks for coming out. Ya sure is allot of support , rain or shine out there hey. 

Last year 24th , year before that 27th, year before that 28th. YEARS OF SUPPORT ? Well pretty much nobody goes to the game , so if they are such huge supporters down there as u said , maybe they just watch it from home ? 

"Further, according to a recent report in Sports Business Journal, the Blue Jackets rank 29th in the NHL in TV viewership. According to sources, the Jackets attract an average of 6,000 households per broadcast on Fox Sports Ohio, down from 9,000 last season" 

Lol. Oh ok , so I guess U literally couldn't be more wrong. In fact , Columbus as a whole doesn't give a flyin _ about hockey, which is why it's at the bottom of the league every year in tv ratings and tickets sold , and has been for almost it's entire existence. Ya maybe the few that go are loud , but comparing the fan base to ours is rediculous IMO. Whatev. To each there own 

9 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Not sure if serious or just being funny. Either way your comment made me laugh. Good job.

12 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

LOL 

Archived