The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Oil Proposal) Chiarelli goes full Burke

I was bored and was thinking of how Chiarelli was talking about making some big changes to their roster.  They have a ton of pieces to make some big deals if they wanted to.

Draft Lottery Scenario

TO wins 1st overall

EDM wins 2nd overall

CBJ wins 3rd overall

Trades

*value can be added to all these proposals on either side, these are just the main center pieces.  

EDM trades RNH to CBJ for the 3rd overall pick

EDM trades Eberle+ to NYI for Hamonic

EDM trades Hall to ANA for Fowler + Ritchie

EDM trades Yak + rights to Schultz to TB for Drouin

Draft 

2nd overall Laine

3rd overall Puljujarvi 

UFA

Sign Okposo/Eriksson

Oilers future line up

Top 9

Drouin McDavid Okposo

Laine Leon Puljujarvi

Ritchie (ufa) Kassian

Top 4

Fowler Hamonic

Nurse Klefbom

A complete overhaul to the oilers roster.  They get bigger and don't sacrifice that much skill in the process.  They dramatically improve their D core.  The main negative is once again the oilers would be relying on kids stepping into the NHL early and making an NHL impact.. but that is the oilers way..  

Another option is to not trade Hall, and hope that Reinhart develops into a top 4 RHD,   That way all top 4 D are playing their strong sides.  That would also keep the oilers from having to sign a top 6 UFA.  Both Laine and Puljujarvi are natural RW so you could split them up

Oilers future line up

Top 9

Hall Leon Puljujarvi

Drouin McDavid Laine

Pouliot (ufa) Kassian

Top 4

Nurse Hamonic

Klefbom Reinhart

I don't see Edmonton trading Hall unless he requests out. He's the only one other than McJesus that looks like he is trying at this point of the season. Even if he does, they definitely aren't going to trade him within the division.

I definitely see RNH and Eberle in play. And even though NY will want a defensemen in return for Hamonic, they might take a package if it's surrounded by a player of Eberle or RNH's caliber.

Yak and Schultz are crap. They won't get you Drouin.

Just now, Warhippy said:

It's VERY interesting but I don't see the Oilers doing Anaheim any favours by giving them Hall for only Fowler and Ritchie, if he's made available he'll be the hottest trade commodity in years not named Stamkos

I don't see how Anaheim trading their best defensemen and best forward prospect is doing a favor for Edmonton. It wouldn't be the finished product of that trade, (I would hope they landed at least one 1st round pick for him, otherwise they are incompetent) , but getting a Dman like Fowler and then drafting a Dman if they weren't 1st or traded down would accelerate the Oilers rebuild by a mile.

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's VERY interesting but I don't see the Oilers doing Anaheim any favours by giving them Hall for only Fowler and Ritchie, if he's made available he'll be the hottest trade commodity in years not named Stamkos

Api don't know if you're serious or not.  Taylor Hall?  The Oilers Taylor Hall, who plays the game with his down Talor Hall?  Who is greatly overrated by fans Taylor Hall?  

Ya, I'd give up Tanev for him.  :frantic:

23 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don't see how Anaheim trading their best defensemen and best forward prospect is doing a favor for Edmonton. It wouldn't be the finished product of that trade, (I would hope they landed at least one 1st round pick for him, otherwise they are incompetent) , but getting a Dman like Fowler and then drafting a Dman if they weren't 1st or traded down would accelerate the Oilers rebuild by a mile.

Because adding Hall to that team and subtracting 1 looming large contract with the plethora of D they have (young or not) puts them as close to or over the top as a team can come.  Hall lives and dies on the ice for his team and throwing him in a lineup with kesler Getzlaf Perry etc etc ect is just ghastly.

That and Ritchie, Fowler for Hall is an underwhelming offer within the division honestly.  As Hall being made available will see the Oilers getting better offers IMO

22 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don't see Edmonton trading Hall unless he requests out. He's the only one other than McJesus that looks like he is trying at this point of the season. Even if he does, they definitely aren't going to trade him within the division.

I definitely see RNH and Eberle in play. And even though NY will want a defensemen in return for Hamonic, they might take a package if it's surrounded by a player of Eberle or RNH's caliber.

Yak and Schultz are crap. They won't get you Drouin.

I think the Oil would like to keep Hall but at the same time he could bring in a big return.

NY does want a defence but they are also about to lose Okposo this summer and if he leaves, they will literally have zero top 6 RW unless they think Ho Sang can, that's why I think Eberle will have some value towards the islanders.  

As for Yak...I don't think you are right at all.  Yak is a 2012 first overall pick that has 200+ nhl games and over 100 points and 17 goals in a shorten season (48 games). Drouin is a 2013, 3rd overall that hasn't been able to hold a spot down in the NHL and has a total of 6 goals.  Obviously the TB roster is much harder to crack but at this point both are high skilled players with "potential" but Yak is more proven.  There value shouldn't be that far off, they were only drafted one year apart..  

Bit of a stretch but definitely something the Oilers will have to do.

Inevitable they'll have to ship some forwards for defense help because right now they aren't going anywhere with that AHL defense. Something of this magnitude would be needed though considering how terrible that blue line is.

2 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Bit of a stretch but definitely something the Oilers will have to do.

Inevitable they'll have to ship some forwards for defense help because right now they aren't going anywhere with that AHL defense. Something of this magnitude would be needed though considering how terrible that blue line is.

That's what makes them so interesting.  they have the pieces to make some big trades.  

Just think about the returns they can get by individually moving:

RNH

Eberle

Hall 

Yakupov

The first 3 should really bring in a decent return, they can completely change there roster.  Chiarelli should be licking his lips at the options he has to play with.

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's what makes them so interesting.  they have the pieces to make some big trades.  

Just think about the returns they can get by individually moving:

RNH

Eberle

Hall 

Yakupov

The first 3 should really bring in a decent return, they can completely change there roster.  Chiarelli should be licking his lips at the options he has to play with.

Those players don't carry the value many of us fans think. IMHAO.   Late first round picks and B prospects.  The Oilers should have drafted properly in the first place.  Ironically, the one drafted the lowest, probably has the most trade value.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Those players don't carry the value many of us fans think. IMHAO.   Late first round picks and B prospects.  The Oilers should have drafted properly in the first place.  Ironically, the one drafted the lowest, probably has the most trade value.  :lol:

All under the age of 25 all under solid contracts all top 6 forwards...ya they hold value.  Far more value than hamhuis or Vrbata have, even though people will refuse to see that truth.

Barring Yakupov the return for all 3 of the others is about appropriate

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

All under the age of 25 all under solid contracts all top 6 forwards...ya they hold value.  Far more value than hamhuis or Vrbata have, even though people will refuse to see that truth.

Barring Yakupov the return for all 3 of the others is about appropriate

Yup, they certainly hold more value than Hamhuis and Vrbata.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes they do...They are elite talents.

Hall is 24 years old and already has over 300 points.  Only two other players his age have more  Duchene and Seguin and both have player far more games than he has.  Seguin (.839 ppg) Duchene (.759 ppg) and Hall (.875 ppg)  He'd get a massive return. Really good cap hit, locked up for 4 more years.  doesn't have a NMC and could be dealt to any team. 

Only Johnny Hockey has a higher PPG than RNH for players born in 93.  He's the only player 22 and younger to crack 200 points.

Eberle is only behind Tavares, Karlsson and Stamkos for players born in 1990.

These players will get really good returns.  Any team can use them.  They are young enough to go to a building team with and skilled enough to go with a contending team.  All locked up to decent contracts.

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yes they do...They are elite talents.

Hall is 24 years old and already has over 300 points.  Only two other players his age have more  Duchene and Seguin and both have player far more games than he has.  Seguin (.839 ppg) Duchene (.759 ppg) and Hall (.875 ppg)  He'd get a massive return. Really good cap hit, locked up for 4 more years.  doesn't have a NMC and could be dealt to any team. 

Only Johnny Hockey has a higher PPG than RNH for players born in 93.  He's the only player 22 and younger to crack 200 points.

Eberle is only behind Tavares, Karlsson and Stamkos for players born in 1990.

These players will get really good returns.  Any team can use them.  They are young enough to go to a building team with and skilled enough to go with a contending team.  All locked up to decent contracts.

With all of them being so good, and while on one team too, why are those teams so crappy?  Could it be because these guys are one way players, who do t give a rat's ass about playing a hard game?  They are four of the softest players in the league.  I think they might get moved, but at the coming draft, and the for late first rounders and B prospects.  If it's a hockey trade, they are not returning top young players.  Not a chance.  IMHAO 

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With all of them being so good, and while on one team too, why are those teams so crappy?  Could it be because these guys are one way players, who do t give a rat's ass about playing a hard game?  They are four of the softest players in the league.  I think they might get moved, but at the coming draft, and the for late first rounders and B prospects.  If it's a hockey trade, they are not returning top young players.  Not a chance.  IMHAO 

Teams needs a mix....Kane is also a skill "soft" player, but he has a good team built around him.  If Hawks didn't have Hossa, Seabrook and Toews, and were just purely skill they wouldn't be so successful.  But they are a Key piece of a cup team.  

Think of the canucks WCE.  Skill player (Naslund) and a big player (bert that creates open ice created the perfect combo.    Also RNH and Eberle might not be heavey players but Hall isn't soft.  

They would easily return top young player because ....they are top young players.  In fact they are the best for there age, as I just pointed out.

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Teams needs a mix....Kane is also a skill "soft" player, but he has a good team built around him.  If Hawks didn't have Hossa, Seabrook and Toews, and were just purely skill they wouldn't be so successful.  But they are a Key piece of a cup team.  

Think of the canucks WCE.  Skill player (Naslund) and a big player (bert that creates open ice created the perfect combo.    Also RNH and Eberle might not be heavey players but Hall isn't soft.  

They would easily return top young player because ....they are top young players.  In fact they are the best for there age, as I just pointed out.

P. Kane is way better than those Oilers guys.  First Kane competes harder, and he's not soft.  naslund wasn't soft either.  That's like saying Henrik is soft.  The Oiler Fab Four are too easy to take the puck from.  They shy from contact, and the one who does try to compete plays with his head down, so he crushed.  As you can tell, I'm not a fan of how those four guys play, and see them as the reason why the Oilers have been horrible since they arrived.  It's not goaltending or D, it's selfish soft play by those so called top guys.  IMHAO, of course.

Archived