The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Owner involvement nixed possible Hamhuis trade

TheRussianRocket.

Honestly, if we got what the Flames got for Russell, I would've been happy with it. Jokipakka is a big guy and is good at moving the puck. Still young at 24 but it fits the Benning mold of players ready to play in the NHL. 

EDIT: I understand ownership wanted a hell of a lot more, but there's a reason why they hire people to handle all transactions involving the team because they know hockey more than what the owners know. I'm 100% certain Benning would have been able to sell Aquaman this deal if he listened to Benning but obviously he didn't.

my question is if ownership is really evolved as the report they say it is, then why would any GM want to work for the Canucks? Basically beside a nice contract that earns you money, you will always be stuck in a tough situation.

5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

don't remember this one. got any more info of this

From what I remember (could be completely wrong) The ownership want Richards and I believe Tampa was asking Edler, Burrows, and some other pieces I can't remember. Nonis refused because he thinks is a bad idea to trade the farm for one superstar. Again this purely from what I think I remember... Could be wrong

2 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

Benning looked completely defeated today. I can see some credibility to the article. However, if rumour of Chicago offering a 1st and Dano is true, I am not letting Benning off the hook.

If it's true, I wonder why the rumour of the offer came out today and not after the Ladd trade, which was on Thursday. 

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

don't remember this one. got any more info of this

Canucks offer was Bourdon, Schneider, along with a first, second and third draft picks for Richards. Ownership wanted him to do the trade but he refused because TB wanted Kesler, Edler and Schneider.

If Aquilini wants to dictate deals then he might as well become the owner & GM and get rid of Benning. This rebuild is going to be stunted if Benning is obstructed along the way. It's hard enough to do well and he doesn't need another voice in the room especially if it's contradictory. Hammer is aging and now you're probably going to get even less for him next time trade talks come up than what you could've got for him today.

#bigfail

3 minutes ago, Nuck4Nuck said:

From what I remember (could be completely wrong) The ownership want Richards and I believe Tampa was asking Edler, Burrows, and some other pieces I can't remember. Nonis refused because he thinks is a bad idea to trade the farm for one superstar. Again this purely from what I think I remember... Could be wrong

If I remember, our offer for Brad Richards at the time (Prime Brad Richards, would have given the Vancouver Canucks probably one of the best 1-2 punch in the league) it was Cory Schneider, Alex Edler and Mason Raymond for Brad Richards.  At the time I wanted to do it so badly, with Luongo with us for ever, Schendier is expendable, no loss there, Edler tough loss, but we gotta give up something and Raymond was just Raymond.

I think he got fired because he was ready to sign Fabbian Brunstrom to a 1 way deal.

Let me get this right...

Benning says there were no good offers for Hamhuis. 

Linden says no deal was nixed 

Matt Sekeres says Chicago offered Dano and a 1st rd pick

Moj says ownership nixed deal

Farhan Clownji goes back and forth and says 10 different stories about the situation

Bitchford is probably loling somewhere cause he's trolling 99% of the time

Seriously the media in this town is the worst. They spread rumors anytime the Canucks need to move an asset and kill whatever leverage we may of had. Not to mention, make the Canucks organization look like an even bigger joke than they are. 

3 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

If I remember, our offer for Brad Richards at the time (Prime Brad Richards, would have given the Vancouver Canucks probably one of the best 1-2 punch in the league) it was Cory Schneider, Alex Edler and Mason Raymond for Brad Richards.  At the time I wanted to do it so badly, with Luongo with us for ever, Schendier is expendable, no loss there, Edler tough loss, but we gotta give up something and Raymond was just Raymond.

I think he got fired because he was ready to sign Fabbian Brunstrom to a 1 way deal.

then how old would he have  been during 2011 and would we have a cup winning team and if it was for elder raymond and schneider we should have done it

I hope vrbata and hammer and who ever else just walk away from this mess and we get completely skunked..we deserve to be bottom feeders for a few years the way things are going.

keep vey and keep burrows who can grind us to the bottom of the standings..and our waiver wire army of 3rd liners...waiting for demko/brock /gaunce and tree..forget this loser bunch.

Archived