The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#InBenningITrust, do you ?

Positive Canuck

I still trust Benning to build us a beauty. Do you ?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are in good shape everyone. So far the way I see it, without any major moves, the team next year will looks something like this.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Etem - Granlund - Virtanen

Burrows - McCann - Dorsett

(Gaunce - Vey)

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Larsen

Hutton - Sbisa

(Pedan?)

Markstrom

Miller

Everyone has been asking for a young new core. Well, they are transitioning in. Horvat, baertschi, Etem, Granlund, Virtanen, McCann, Hutton, Gaunce, Vey... That is A LOT of youth for a lineup. We wanted a youth movement. Well here it is. 6 of our 12 forwards, not including Gaunce and Vey are young guys. Hutton is the lone real youngster in the back, but were working on it with talent coming. I'm rooting for Pedan.

but anyway, In the pipes we still have

• Brock Boeser, a scoring right winger
  • Jordan Subban, a RHD, speedy offensive PMD
  • Thatcher Demko, A potential superstar goaltender

Those top 3 prospects are all showing a lot of promise. With Cole Cassels, and Guilliame Brisebois coming later.

In this draft we potentially have 3 draft picks int he first 2 rounds. I see 2-3 top guys coming in no problem. That's his expertise.

The point is, we have some really solid youth coming in. If Benning can turn 1 or 2 of our top 3 picks into a stud defensman, preferably the first rounder, we will have a solid future team set in balance. The important thing now is to remain competitive for the kids that are here. Horvat, Baertschi, Virtanen, and Hutton are all playing really well right now. Vey, Etem, and Granlund are all also showing flashes of solid talent. And I have every bit of confidence that McCann, after an offseason with the team, will come back electric next year.

We need these boys developing now. We need them working at the top of their level along with our old vets now. Soon a lot of these vets and the sedins will be gone. Guys like Bo Horvat, Chris Tanev, and Brandon Sutter will be leading this team now into the future, with a guys like Virtanen, Baertschi and Hutton playing major roles. We don't have time to sit around and tank. We need them to develop their games now.

Don't worry about the future. I think we can all agree Benning has draft talent. So he will keep the good prospects coming in. We all have confidence in that. The good thing about having a great drafting GM is you don't need to draft low. You can get a great pick anywhere you want. 

Jared McCann, already in the NHL at 23rd overall,

Brock Boeser, playing like he should have been a top 15, if not top 10 pick drafted 23rd overall.

Thatcher Demko, probably our best overall prospect, snagged in the second round.

I also really think that one of Horvat, McCann, or Granlund, can become a first line center. Thatcher Demko can be a bonafide all star goalie as well. With a bonafide defensive prospect, we could be set.

With 2-3 more picks coming in the first two rounds, nobody should be worried about this mans talent. We need our boys already in the NHL to grow as much as they can now.

I didn't like the Miller deal at all for two important reasons.  We didn't have a team in front of him and we had Eddie who played well for us and was a lot cheaper.   Because we  weren't going anywhere with the team as it was why pay so much for a goalie.  I would have kept Eddie.

It has been so long since I trusted anyone in the organization so it's hard to tell if I trust him.  I think he might be better than Mike G. but only time will tell.

We are full of ROOKIES - President, GM and Coach and Players. 

So really it is wait and see and be patient.

Archived