The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#InBenningITrust, do you ?

Positive Canuck

I still trust Benning to build us a beauty. Do you ?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in the minority but i'm not hating on Jim at all. 

I never saw a market for our garbage and didn't spend a second wasted on deadline day.

Vrbata is a complete joke, every team in the league knows it. Zero Value.

Hamhuis.  Last 2 years a train wreck, mistake laden soft pylon that was badly injured during his showcase window and told everyone he didn't want to leave Vancouver. Nice guy tho and came back well all things considered. I do respect his comeback, a ton.

Burrows. A ghost at less than %10 opacity barely visible. Buyout, waive,. 

Higgins. Zero Value.

Prust. Zero Value.

Weber. etc....

We have this grotesque sense of entitlement in this market when what we need is to allow one of the best talent evaluators in the world do his job and build us a playoff built team capable of playing any way you want it.

I look at Demko,Boeser,Virtanen,McCann and i see good things on the horizon.

As a fan im super paranoid of Benning at the draft. i won't be surprised he ends up trading away our 1st or one of Gillis prospects for another project player. And im even more afraid he ends up trading away our 1st plus McCann for Drouin.

Benning scares me, ever since he made that Shinkurak trade, no telling what he will do. 

4 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

I'm in the minority but i'm not hating on Jim at all. 

I never saw a market for our garbage and didn't spend a second wasted on deadline day.

Vrbata is a complete joke, every team in the league knows it. Zero Value.

Hamhuis.  Last 2 years a train wreck, mistake laden soft pylon that was badly injured during his showcase window and told everyone he didn't want to leave Vancouver. Nice guy tho and came back well all things considered. I do respect his comeback, a ton.

Burrows. A ghost at less than %10 opacity barely visible. Buyout, waive,. 

Higgins. Zero Value.

Prust. Zero Value.

Weber. etc....

I look at Demko,Boeser,Virtanen,McCann and i see good things on the horizon.

Le sigh.

7 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

As a fan im super paranoid of Benning at the draft. i won't be surprised he ends up trading away our 1st or one of Gillis prospects for another project player. And im even more afraid he ends up trading away our 1st plus McCann for Drouin.

Benning scares me, ever since he made that Shinkurak trade, no telling what he will do. 

honestly i hated the Shinkaruk trade when i heard it, another soft euro ? meh, but i trust Travis Green and the guys around him 24-7 know more than the armchair gms here in Vancouver that haven't even seen him play more than a period. 

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

That minor trade is what put the fear in you? Trading away a guy who plummeted in the draft, plays a soft perimeter game and sample size aside, has played dreadful for his new AHL team?

Still trust Benning. He needs to make a couple big, bold moves this summer with the money we'll have.

I said a couple years ago I thought the Canucks need to do things differently than what's been expected for the past 40 years. Benning's certainly doing things differently, not afraid to make unpopular moves, and I see that as a good thing. You know, in a disruptive way. Change hurts.

Could be wrong but for now I'm glad he's not doing the expected and I'm willing to see where it goes.

12 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

BO SANG!

cfs!

GCG!

no market for our garbage...oh you mean the  Guys Benning brought in Vrbata prust vey Bart. Huh. 

As posted in other forms 

the oilers got more for a khler in Larson than Benning will get for vrbata prust kassian the 5th that went with kassian cracknell corrado weber Hamhuis and Bart combined.

something is more than nothing it's to bad dim Jim and PR  linden don't know this simple fact. Losing assets for nothing when trying to rebuild is incompetence at its finest.

I don't hate Benning:  he's made lots of good moves and a few terrible ones as well.  But the deadline fiasco is going to mark him for a while, maybe permanently.  It might not have been his fault: the stories that exonerate him are just as plausible as the ones that don't.  But it doesn't matter.  Other GMs got it done working under similar constraints and he didn't.  It's true that the return Calgary got on Russell wouldn't have made our year if we had got it instead.  The bigger concern is that he seems unable to swim with the bigger fish in the GM fraternity. 

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I don't hate Benning:  he's made lots of good moves and a few terrible ones as well.  But the deadline fiasco is going to mark him for a while, maybe permanently.  It might not have been his fault: the stories that exonerate him are just as plausible as the ones that don't.  But it doesn't matter.  Other GMs got it done working under similar constraints and he didn't.  It's true that the return Calgary got on Russell wouldn't have made our year if we had got it instead.  The bigger concern is that he seems unable to swim with the bigger fish in the GM fraternity. 

almost every other GM in the league had viable assets to trade , Jim got handed a tire fire with a lost generation of 22-27 year olds.

My beef is that ownership pushed Benning to come out and said they were in the hunt for the playoffs only recently when anyone with a clue knew the team was ass at training camp. Im sure those are the ownership talking points handed down to him. 
There was also the rumour flying around a few weeks ago that ownership was meddling and preventing him from making deals.

9 minutes ago, combover said:

no market for our garbage...oh you mean the  Guys Benning brought in Vrbata prust vey Bart. Huh. 

As posted in other forms 

the oilers got more for a khler in Larson than Benning will get for vrbata prust kassian the 5th that went with kassian cracknell corrado weber Hamhuis and Bart combined.

something is more than nothing it's to bad dim Jim and PR  linden don't know this simple fact. Losing assets for nothing when trying to rebuild is incompetence at its finest.

love to hear your thoughts on what you think Benning should have traded, for what and who the dance partner was.

When I consider who he brought in, traded for and the overall market value for those players...no I don't trust him even a little bit.  No GM should be trusted who made moves/signed 5 players who could not be moved at the deadline for even a small return, was unable to gain assets for Ufa assets.  Vey, Bartkowski, Prust, Vrbata, Cracknell.  Lost one for nothing.  

On top of that he didn't even think outside the box and attempt to capatalize on Hansen's high value.  Love honeybadger, but if he was dangled the haul would have been worth his weight in gold. 

I'm reserving judgement on the Shinkaruk trade until I've seem more from both sides.  Also reserving judgement on the Etem trade until I've seen more.  At this point my view of JB is that he's a real good scout.  Not so much a GM.

And BTW, why even have a poll if it's that stupid?  Also why not label this whole thread for JBBJERS only if you are going to over react to every post?

Archived