The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

thejazz97 Radiothread

AV.

4 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Not the biggest fan, tbh. First song I don't really like. I can see the artistic quality behind it, but it's not for me. Sorry m8

Kid A is a very simplistic album and it was made deliberately for this reason.  if you're a fan of minimal elements and manipulation of instruments (ie his voice being all nasel-y), this album would be for you.

I made the mistake of listening to OK Computer before this one.  A was a little shocked but now I love it.  I'm a big fan of minimal techno, ambience, and future house so I see a lot of similarities.

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Kid A is a very simplistic album and it was made deliberately for this reason.  if you're a fan of minimal elements and manipulation of instruments (ie his voice being all nasel-y), this album would be for you.

I made the mistake of listening to OK Computer before this one.  A was a little shocked but now I love it.  I'm a big fan of minimal techno, ambiance, and future house so I see a lot of similarities.

Ha. Well, I like TLOP by Kanye, and that's probably the rap version of Kid A, so we'll see if it grows on me.

3 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I made the mistake of listening to OK Computer before this one.  A was a little shocked but now I love it.  I'm a big fan of minimal techno, ambience, and future house so I see a lot of similarities.

I love Radiohead, and Kid A was quite a big departure from what people thought of as their "sound"...first listen I was also skeptical, but it didn't take long for it to become one of my favourite album releases of that year.

4 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i'm not the biggest radiohead fan but i would name in rainbows as my favourite album from them. body snatchers and jigsaw are my favourite tunes. house of cards is a very mellow tune too :3

Great song. A bit of rock and I started jamming again :lol: Might download this album as well! Thanks TS!

3 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I've also been meaning to get into Pink Floyd tho

you have to start off with the singles pre-piper at the gates of dawn to get a feel for syd barrett's genius and then get an understanding of his dissension into madness, then you journey into the transition period leading up to meddle :3

There There - Consistent with most of what I've heard from Radiohead so far, still a great song. It's kinda mellow rock, and that's cool.

You and Who's Army? - Love the piano. This song is great. Sounds like it would be used on a parting shot of a TV show though :P 

Just - Pretty good. Like the harder rock in this song, compared to what I've heard of them. Was watching the music video though, so I didn't really hear too much of the lyrics 

5 hours ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

Fake Plastic Trees
My Iron Lung

FPT - This is probably a song I'll listen to a lot. Definitely going on my feels playlist :P It's a good song. I like it.

MIL - This is just confirming my appreciation for Radiohead haha. I love how the guitar picks up in the middle

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

The mix has to end with How To Disappear Completely.

Ok. Will check out the rest of Kid A because of this. It's less of a experimental feel and a bit closer to their other stuff. Am I hearing strings or synths in the background?

Just now, thejazz97 said:

Ok. Will check out the rest of Kid A because of this. It's less of a experimental feel and a bit closer to their other stuff. Am I hearing strings or synths in the background?

Both, IIRC.  They tinkered with everything.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

The bit at the end is beautifully haunting.

Agreed.  The whole album just takes a step back from melody and the verse-chorus-verse methods of modern songwriting and just experiments with everything.  At first, its a tough listen because it isn't what you'd expect a rock band to produce.  But on second and third listens, you recognize it as more of an experimental project and you see how unique some of the content is.

5 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Love that track.

Also, (Nice Dream) & The National Anthem

Nice Dream is good. The guitar is beautiful and chilling at the same time - a theme I'm starting to notice.

TNA - I like this, although it becomes a beautiful cluster near the end of the middle :P I like the trumpets, and I definitely don't mind this song. Will probably listen to this album as well, just not that one song... 

lol near the end it sounds like a zoo :lol:

6 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Agreed.  The whole album just takes a step back from melody and the verse-chorus-verse methods of modern songwriting and just experiments with everything.  At first, its a tough listen because it isn't what you'd expect a rock band to produce.  But on second and third listens, you recognize it as more of an experimental project and you see how unique some of the content is.

Haha it's very unique for sure

Archived