The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

thejazz97 Radiothread

AV.

5 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

lol

pulled it out of the fridge and it wasn't quite thawed yet. Imma go check on it now. 

EDIT: still needs a bit of thawing. Will cook it in about 15 mins or so.

If it needs only 15 more minutes of thawing, you're good to go...just avoid high heat!

4 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

tbh I agree with gbassi that it is more imperative that he hears CCR

Dude, if he doesn't know CCR, then there's a boatload of tunes he needs to be familiarized with before we even touch that band.

No disrespect @thejazz97, you know a helluva lot more than I do about a helluva lot of stuff. The very fact you're so open to being accosted with new music says a lot about your character.

As an aside, if you're digging Radiohead, I highly recommend immersing yourself in Beck as well. Critics originally saw his debut album Odelay as picking up where, at the time, Radiohead left off, but it's definitely got its own character. And then the rest of the stuff is just so fantastic. After Odelay his albums seem to have flown under the mainstream radar, yet he keeps winning grammies (like last year for album of the year and two more for Morning Phase).

Paper Tiger on Sea Change gets me every time.

3 hours ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

As an aside, if you're digging Radiohead, I highly recommend immersing yourself in Beck as well. Critics originally saw his debut album Odelay as picking up where, at the time, Radiohead left off, but it's definitely got its own character. And then the rest of the stuff is just so fantastic. After Odelay his albums seem to have flown under the mainstream radar, yet he keeps winning grammies (like last year for album of the year and two more for Morning Phase).

I'll check it out. Thanks!

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

In the middle of it. It was good, but it got amazing at Exit Music. Currently on Let Down.

Very good mate.  All we ask (granted you're up to it) is that you review each song at the end.  Maybe exclude Exit Music since you've already indicated that you like it.

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

Very good mate.  All we ask (granted you're up to it) is that you review each song at the end.  Maybe exclude Exit Music since you've already indicated that you like it.

Hooo boy hahaha

I've just had it on in the background while I've been playing video games. I liked the digital, but Exit Music caught my attention and I've been listening more intently ever since

Okay, so Let Down was pretty good. A bit slower, but still good. I like this album.

Karma Police was really good. I feel like that's one of their more popular songs, as it's been showing up in my suggestions more recently :P 

Fitter Happier - I somewhat understand it, but it doesn't make it any less strange.

Electioneering, Climbing up the walls - Frack bud. These are brilliant. Climbing has a really good guitar/vocal combo (don't they all?) and I don't really have any more words to describe it than amazing.

No surprises - Beautiful. A bit softer. Perfect place in the album.

Lucky - this is beautiful and heartbreaking all at the same time. Definitely downloading this soon

8 hours ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

mellow gold was his debut album. sea change is probably his best album (i love little one) but i highly enjoy mutations (love nobody's fault but my own) i found after odelay beck matured a lot as a songwriter. he gets some getting used to early on-- you kinda have to have an open mind with the uniqueness of his sound

Archived