The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015.16 Year End Team Awards

Cramarossa

The Vancouver Canucks announced the annual player awards for the 2015.16 season in a pre-game ceremony before hosting Edmonton for their final game of the season. One special award presentation was made earlier today as players arrived on Pat Quinn Way to meet dedicated fans in the Canucks Fan Zone.

Cyclone Taylor award: Daniel Sedin - Obvious choice here.

Walter 'Babe' Pratt award: Dan Hamhuis - Hamhuis was insane after coming back from his injury. He's been outstanding on the defense. It's really noticeable how much he improves our team. Hutton was great, but not deserving of this IMO.

Pavel Bure Most Exciting Player award: Bo Horvat - Far and away. Anything Baertschi did that was exciting was because Bo set him up. Bo has the rare knack to make something out of nothing.

Fred J. Hume award: Alex Edler - I feel like many fans forgot how crucial Edler was to the success of this team and it was felt when he went down with injuries. Hansen isn't underrated or unsung. Any good fan knew he was having a career year and he was praised for it.

1 hour ago, surtur said:

Considering it's his first year he was very impressive 

True, but the award doesn't give consideration for experience, it's based simply on this year's performance, all else equal.

I just have to say regarding the best defenseman, as I didn't pay attention to the awards so didn't know this until I was told. Can't believe Canucks so called hockey fans selected Hutton as best defenseman. How can I guy who doesn't know how to play actual D yet, can be the best defenseman... Just goes to show people don't actually watch players play and just go off stats for a player, brutal. 

Archived