The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015.16 Year End Team Awards

Cramarossa

I just noticed the page is up for Canucks fans to start voting for the 2015.16 Team Awards. The awards options fans can vote for are as follows: 

Cyclone Taylor Award - Team MVP
Walter “Babe” Pratt Award - Best defenceman
Pavel Bure Most Exciting Player
Fred J. Hume Award - Unsung Hero
I wanted to see who other fans intend to vote for for each of these. In a season with few highs and seemingly endless lows, I actually had a hard time coming up with anyone I'd like to vote for, save Daniel Sedin for MVP (which seems obvious to me, but perhaps other disagree). I ended up voting to Chris Tanev for best defenseman, but it honestly didn't feel quite right. Hammer's been "real good" post injury, but he was basically invisible this season before he fractured his jaw. I'm on the Edler-hate bandwagon, so I definitely wasn't choosing him. The other guys don't even seem worth mentioning.

For most exciting player I chose Jake Virtanen, just because I genuinely was really excited to see him play. I'm not sure he's lived up to everyone's lofty expectations, but I think he's has a great debut season, and I am anxious to see if he's kept on next season or sent to the AHL. The unsung hero award is the one I struggled with the most. My gut reaction was to choose Jannik Hansen; he's having a career year in terms of scoring, and he's been one of our few consistent pieces (barring injury). I ended up voting Miller in as unsung hero though, although I wish I could've voted him in along with Marky. Talk about consistency! Those guys have done all they can to save our bacon on multiple occasions, putting up 40+ saves nights (sometimes back-to-back) just to have the team in front of them take a dump in the 3rd (or the 2nd, or the 1st). This seemed like it would make for the most controversial vote of all.

What do y'all think?

28 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I just noticed the page is up for Canucks fans to start voting for the 2015.16 Team Awards. The awards options fans can vote for are as follows: 

I wanted to see who other fans intend to vote for for each of these. In a season with few highs and seemingly endless lows, I actually had a hard time coming up with anyone I'd like to vote for, save Daniel Sedin for MVP (which seems obvious to me, but perhaps other disagree). I ended up voting to Chris Tanev for best defenseman, but it honestly didn't feel quite right. Hammer's been "real good" post injury, but he was basically invisible this season before he fractured his jaw. I'm on the Edler-hate bandwagon, so I definitely wasn't choosing him. The other guys don't even seem worth mentioning.

For most exciting player I chose Jake Virtanen, just because I genuinely was really excited to see him play. I'm not sure he's lived up to everyone's lofty expectations, but I think he's has a great debut season, and I am anxious to see if he's kept on next season or sent to the AHL. The unsung hero award is the one I struggled with the most. My gut reaction was to choose Jannik Hansen; he's having a career year in terms of scoring, and he's been one of our few consistent pieces (barring injury). I ended up voting Miller in as unsung hero though, although I wish I could've voted him in along with Marky. Talk about consistency! Those guys have done all they can to save our bacon on multiple occasions, putting up 40+ saves nights (sometimes back-to-back) just to have the team in front of them take a dump in the 3rd (or the 2nd, or the 1st). This seemed like it would make for the most controversial vote of all.

What do y'all think?

Ben Hutton -best d 

Danny or Miller -mvp 

baertschi-most exciting 

unsung hero - Alex biega 

MVP - Miller/Markstrom, tough to pick between em. This year would've been even uglier without some of the performances they put in.

Babe Pratt - Hutton. Tanev's probably the best defenseman to be honest, but what Hutton did to make the team and stay on it is impressive. He's shown great maturation this year even if he's run of a steam a bit lately.

Most Exciting - Baertschi. Horvat or Hansen deserve some consideration too, I think.

Unsung Hero - Burrows. Obviously on the decline, but with all the rumours that this might be it for him, I think he deserves some recognition for the work he does in the community and as a leader on the team. Hard to fault his effort when its his body that can't keep up anymore.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

MVP - Vey (he scored a handful of goals)

Most Exciting - Vey (No explanation necessary)

Best Defenseman - Vey (because none of them deserve it)

Unsung Hero - Vey (does so much with so little opportunity)

;)

CDC whipping boy - Vey.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

MVP - Vey (he scored a handful of goals)

Most Exciting - Vey (No explanation necessary)

Best Defenseman - Vey (because none of them deserve it)

Unsung Hero - Vey (does so much with so little opportunity)

;)

No, Nikita Tryamkin has been our best defenseman this season.

48 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

MVP - Miller/Markstrom, tough to pick between em. This year would've been even uglier without some of the performances they put in.

Babe Pratt - Hutton. Tanev's probably the best defenseman to be honest, but what Hutton did to make the team and stay on it is impressive. He's shown great maturation this year even if he's run of a steam a bit lately.

Most Exciting - Baertschi. Horvat or Hansen deserve some consideration too, I think.

Unsung Hero - Burrows. Obviously on the decline, but with all the rumours that this might be it for him, I think he deserves some recognition for the work he does in the community and as a leader on the team. Hard to fault his effort when its his body that can't keep up anymore.

MVP has to be either Hank or Miller.

Pratt- Tanev by default

Exciting- Baertschi or Hansen(freaking sad)

Unsung - Hutton....came outta nowhere

2 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

What do y'all think?

Cyclone Taylor award: Daniel Sedin

Walter 'Babe' Pratt award: Ben Hutton

Pavel Bure Most Exciting Player award: Jannik Hansen

Fred J. Hume award: Jacob Markstrom

Markstrom has 0 shutouts and kept us in almost every game. That is an unsung hero.

2 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Ya Hansen has a really good year for sure. For me though , Sven is just more fun to watch. I dunno. It's close though 

Archived