The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Dorsett at the Draft

I actually like Dorsett, and I think he has done generally well in Vancouver... he is a tough nosed player, who has to be complimented for his guts in standing up to guys who are twice his size.

But is there really room for him on the team?  Maybe WD likes him, but the facts are, his job can really be done by players who are already on the team and who will cost less and probably deliver more.  For example, Pedan, Tryamkin and Gaunce.  Whether Pedan is converted to a forward full-time or if he is left on defense, then he will supply a lot more enforcement toughness, he likes to fight, and will stand up when called on.   I don't think Tryamkin likes to fight, but he is not shy in the rough stuff, and will happily smack down anyone who comes near him.  If you want the speed and physicality on the forecheck, I think Gaunce will be the ticket... he is going to improve next season, and his impact will be greater on the fourth line than Dorsett.  I see Gaunce having a better offensive output next season than Dorsett.

So there is no reason for the team to hold onto Dorsett.  We don't need a bantam weight tough guy anymore.

The good news is I think there is still a market out there for Dorsett in the league... and a good chance Benning could pick up a decent prospect or pick at the 2016 Draft.

Benning may be able to get an 8th rounder for Dorsett, but even that is stretch with that boat anchor of a contract.  We may as well keep him, he has value as a 4th liner on our team...in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I actually like Dorsett, and I think he has done generally well in Vancouver... he is a tough nosed player, who has to be complimented for his guts in standing up to guys who are twice his size.

But is there really room for him on the team?  Maybe WD likes him, but the facts are, his job can really be done by players who are already on the team and who will cost less and probably deliver more.  For example, Pedan, Tryamkin and Gaunce.  Whether Pedan is converted to a forward full-time or if he is left on defense, then he will supply a lot more enforcement toughness, he likes to fight, and will stand up when called on.   I don't think Tryamkin likes to fight, but he is not shy in the rough stuff, and will happily smack down anyone who comes near him.  If you want the speed and physicality on the forecheck, I think Gaunce will be the ticket... he is going to improve next season, and his impact will be greater on the fourth line than Dorsett.  I see Gaunce having a better offensive output next season than Dorsett.

So there is no reason for the team to hold onto Dorsett.  We don't need a bantam weight tough guy anymore.

The good news is I think there is still a market out there for Dorsett in the league... and a good chance Benning could pick up a decent prospect or pick at the 2016 Draft.

:lol:  Dorsett for a decent return! :lol:

13 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Benning may be able to get an 8th rounder for Dorsett, but even that is stretch with that boat anchor of a contract.  We may as well keep him, he has value as a 4th liner on our team...in my opinion.

pretty sure this be trolling? but can't be sure if serious?

if troll then, lol

if serious then, lawl

1 minute ago, goblix said:

pretty sure this be trolling? but can't be sure if serious?

if troll then, lol

if serious then, lawl

Yes, trolling.  I'm fairly sure I think I'm more funny than I actually am.

Archived