The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Theodore for McCann

10 minutes ago, Z Hockey said:

Hey Blue Jay if you're gonna talk smack say it straight up to me and be a man.

I compared McCann to Toews because

McCann models his game after Toews, he did so throughout all of Junior.

I did not say he was going to be Toews...

Bartkowski is a very dynamic skater and he is a good D man, he just gets bashed easily by guys like you who don't break down the details. So many Elite skating D men get stripped of the puck like Bart,

Subban, Letang, Phaneuf, Edler do it a lot.

He also was forced into a huge role with Edler, Tanev, Sbisa, & Hamhuis all injured...

The proposal for Dumba was unrealistic

because Minny is not trading one of the few young standouts like him who made a

significant impact. Brodin has tailed off a bit and hasn't even hit 20 points the past two season. Hansen alone is easily worth a bit more than him so my proposal was fine. Brodin doesn't fit in with Minnys future top four, he's the odd man out and was on the

Trade Bait list at the deadline FYI.

So that's why Dumba's name is also in trade rumours huh?

Minny trading a young D such as Brodin for Hansen that is in his last year of his contract before becoming UFA is also unrealistic. 

7 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

So that's why Dumba's name is also in trade rumours huh?

Minny trading a young D such as Brodin for Hansen that is in his last year of his contract before becoming UFA is also unrealistic. 

Hence Dumbas name is in "RUMOURS".

But Brodin was literally on the Trade Bait list. So a Brodin trade is more realistic

especially at this point with the way he is playing and fitting in compared to Dumba.

There's going to be a ton of rumours and talk about the Wild seeing as they need big change. There's also talk of the Wild

thinking Mi.Granlund is not the center they need at No.1 or 2 because he's only

produced 40 point seasons with them and him being traded, theres talk of a

Vanek buyout, Zucker being moved, Brodin being moved, and Pominville being traded too for cheap because they think he's

declining too fast.

9 hours ago, Z Hockey said:

Hence Dumbas name is in "RUMOURS".

But Brodin was literally on the Trade Bait list. So a Brodin trade is more realistic

especially at this point with the way he is playing and fitting in compared to Dumba.

There's going to be a ton of rumours and talk about the Wild seeing as they need big change. There's also talk of the Wild

thinking Mi.Granlund is not the center they need at No.1 or 2 because he's only

produced 40 point seasons with them and him being traded, theres talk of a

Vanek buyout, Zucker being moved, Brodin being moved, and Pominville being traded too for cheap because they think he's

declining too fast.

Brodin is averaging over 20 mins a game.....just because he isn't lighting the score sheet doesn't mean he isn't playing well. He is also signed to one heck of a good contract for the next 5-6 years. 

3 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Brodin is averaging over 20 mins a game.....just because he isn't lighting the score sheet doesn't mean he isn't playing well. He is also signed to one heck of a good contract for the next 5-6 years. 

He's not being as effective with that ice time though, and him not producing more

offensive obviously is a concern or else Minnesota wouldn't be shopping him.

5 hours ago, Z Hockey said:

He's not being as effective with that ice time though, and him not producing more

offensive obviously is a concern or else Minnesota wouldn't be shopping him.

Well according to Kuzma and other beat writers, Benning might be in the market for an RFA defenseman on a team tight to the cap and would bite on paying the premium. That is Dumba. Lindholm and Vatanen are RFA but Anaheim is in decent position. I would literally do cartwheels to aquire any one of them.  Highly doubt Winnipeg let's Trouba go. 

Hamonic would be an awesome get as well but I think his value is that much higher than Dumba.

Jared McCann has just about as much chance at becoming a first line center as Shea Theodore does at becoming a top pairing defensman. This is just a positional need for positional need provided we take a forward in the draft. Some analysts are saying if we get 4th spot, which is fair to assume, we would be taking Pierre Luc Dubois. We can't have Horvat, McCann, and Dubois. Or at least it would be smart to move one. If we take a forward, especially a center like Dubois or Matthews, we need to asjust some of that talent to the backend.

Theodore - Tryamkin

Hutton - Subban 

(Brisebois? - Stetcher?)

That's a solid defensive core.

10 minutes ago, Z Hockey said:

No I do... You and Alf were having some discussion I don't know about.

But you were underrating McCann,

McCann has an elite ceiling, a lot higher than many realize.  He's got "jam", which is really needed to compete against the top checking centers - like the Kesler types.  He's already pissed off several guys with his play.  In a couple of years this kid will be something special.

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McCann has an elite ceiling, a lot higher than many realize.  He's got "jam", which is really needed to compete against the top checking centers - like the Kesler types.  He's already pissed off several guys with his play.  In a couple of years this kid will be something special.

Yup, our center picture is set with Horvat, McCann, Ma.Granlund, Cassels, Labate, Zhukenov, & Gaudette. Not to mention

B.Gaunce is a natural center.  

So we don't need Matthews, besides Laine is the real No.1 

LAINE LAINE LAINE:emot-parrot:

2 hours ago, Z Hockey said:

Yup, our center picture is set with Horvat, McCann, Ma.Granlund, Cassels, Labate, Zhukenov, & Gaudette. Not to mention

B.Gaunce is a natural center.  

So we don't need Matthews, besides Laine is the real No.1 

LAINE LAINE LAINE:emot-parrot:

Hi Z.  (Cool name btw.)

im hoping we win that lotto, and JB is given an Eric Lindros offer he can't refuse, that sets up our team for the next decade.  

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hi Z.  (Cool name btw.)

im hoping we win that lotto, and JB is given an Eric Lindros offer he can't refuse, that sets up our team for the next decade.  

True, I've thought about that, I'd love one of the Finns, Alex Nylander, or a ransom in trading the pick!

Archived