The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

On 6/2/2016 at 1:32 AM, Mathew Barzal said:

Haven't been following the development of this game. Do they ever plan on adding back levels and player customization to EASHL? I only play the NHL games for EASHL and removing those features completely ruined it for me.

That pissed me off too. I understand limiting it to a degree (two-way forward was commonly abused as a d-man build back in 2011?), but it needs to come back, as it is part of the fun.

Hell, I'd get bored of a build and change it up; I felt more in control of my player and it made it more enjoyable.

Is it a full feature of the features tomorrow?

Hopefully they put a better que system for EASHL with an in-game kick feature.  I'd like it if you just pick your position and wait rather than waiting 2min for a game that may not even happen.  They give you grades in-game so if someone gets a D or a F in teamplay and position it should open up a vote kick for said player.  But none of this will be implemented and it will most likely the same crap as this year.

6 minutes ago, Gyllenhaal said:

-Bring back GM Connected

Realistically,  I don't see myself purchasing another NHL game until GM connected is re-implemented.

It's a shame, because it was probably the most fun mode they had.  

- Add Draft Champions to the series like FIFA and Madden have added..

- Fix GM Connected and move it to a complete 1v1 manager v manger type, a true dynasty mode that focuses on a versus style.

- Bring back customization to EASHL ( which seems to be in the works..)

- Focus less on Ultimate Team updates, pay attention to the game engine, (emphasize more on serious updates and tuners.( never will happen because Ultimate Team has ruined the game and is only driving force for profits.)

30 minutes ago, HawksFan94 said:

Realistically,  I don't see myself purchasing another NHL game until GM connected is re-implemented.

It's a shame, because it was probably the most fun mode they had.

The idea was great, the way it finally played out was just meh. Free agency drove me nuts for how long it took trying to resign players.

they fact that their motive was to make it "the largest online multi user dynasty league ever" was to far fetched when they should have had it basic as it could be. Considering the community is one of the smaller ones of the EA Sports franchises, that aspect would have done better in FIFA rather then NHL.

53 minutes ago, Boone Jenner said:

- Add Draft Champions to the series like FIFA and Madden have added..

- Fix GM Connected and move it to a complete 1v1 manager v manger type, a true dynasty mode that focuses on a versus style.

- Bring back customization to EASHL ( which seems to be in the works..)

- Focus less on Ultimate Team updates, pay attention to the game engine, (emphasize more on serious updates and tuners.( never will happen because Ultimate Team has ruined the game and is only driving force for profits.)

The idea was great, the way it finally played out was just meh. Free agency drove me nuts for how long it took trying to resign players.

they fact that their motive was to make it "the largest online multi user dynasty league ever" was to far fetched when they should have had it basic as it could be. Considering the community is one of the smaller ones of the EA Sports franchises, that aspect would have done better in FIFA rather then NHL.

Theres a high chance draft champions will be in the game. In the survey they sent out in emails it was one of the game modes listed in the game description.

Also HUT is likely the only reason nhl even makes a game anymore so cant blame them for needing to invest into it. Imo, without HUT they would not make a game. Keep in mind only 1M copies of nhl 16 were sold.

7 hours ago, c00kies said:

That pissed me off too. I understand limiting it to a degree (two-way forward was commonly abused as a d-man build back in 2011?), but it needs to come back, as it is part of the fun.

Hell, I'd get bored of a build and change it up; I felt more in control of my player and it made it more enjoyable.

Is it a full feature of the features tomorrow?

Yeah...

When EASHL came out for NHL 16 with the player classes and no custom attributes, I was all for it.

But, I quickly realized that it was half of the fun for me. If there's no progress building for my own player, then it's less fun for me. Half of the fun for me was being able to choose what I want to get better at, and become a better player than others on the ice. NHL 16 is the first game in years that I've just stopped playing after a few months. I haven't played it in a long time.

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah...

When EASHL came out for NHL 16 with the player classes and no custom attributes, I was all for it.

But, I quickly realized that it was half of the fun for me. If there's no progress building for my own player, then it's less fun for me. Half of the fun for me was being able to choose what I want to get better at, and become a better player than others on the ice. NHL 16 is the first game in years that I've just stopped playing after a few months. I haven't played it in a long time.

I really hope they make NHL 17 playable, as it'll be my first NHL game since NHL 14. 

I really don't want to hear about HUT upgrades...

One thing I would like to see in HUT is rental players; really good players that have a limited number of games (30) that you can find in cheap packs. This is kind of like the older games (I think it was NHL 11) when they have contracts and careers, and you could still pull out really good cards from crappy packs (I got Lidstrom from the bronze pack). They would have to have a color that stands out so that you couldn't trick people in the market, but I think it would be fun for those that are just starting out or that don't spend a lot of time in HUT.

I like the sound of the Draft Kings. I also like that the ECHL will be in the league.

World Cup of Hockey also could be fun.

New physics= meh (unless they actually make sense this year).

Here's the meat and potatoes of that link that was just posted, Kind of worried for the lack of player customization in EASHL.

WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY

For the first time in EA SPORTS NHL history, play for national pride in a full International Tournament Mode. Featuring all of the official World Cup of Hockey teams, players and uniforms, take to the ice on a world stage as your national team and heroes.

CLIMB THE RANKS THROUGH EASHL

Progress through the all-new EASHL Player Rank System to earn badges and unlock new customization items for your players, team - and even arenas – in the most competitive and customizable EASHL ever.

EASHL ARENA PROGRESSION

Start off with a grassroots community rink and grow into an internationally renowned state-of-the-art arena that brings your EASHL team’s identity to life as home ice gets bigger and better the farther you progress.

CLIMB THE RANKS THROUGH EASHL

Progress through the all-new EASHL Player Rank System to earn badges and unlock new customization items for your players, team - and even arenas – in the most competitive and customizable EASHL ever.

ARENA CREATOR

Whether you’re in EASHL or Franchise Mode, build the home ice arena you and your team have always dreamed of with the all-new arena creator. Customize every detail from the ice surface, to the goal light, to the scoreboard and even the goal songs and FX that light up your team’s biggest moments.

TEAM EDITOR

You can’t judge a team by their looks, but it doesn’t hurt to look good. Use the all-new team customization tool to edit to your team’s entire uniform, including patterns, colors, patches and logos to use in season play, when relocating a team in Franchise Mode, or to build your EASHL team identity. Progress through the EASHL to unlock even more items for your team.

DRAFT CHAMPIONS

The new Draft Champions mode introduces the thrill of the fantasy draft with fast rounds of superstar picks. Each round challenges managers to choose the best players to build a balanced team. Immediately following your draft, take to the ice and fulfill your team’s potential by winning the Draft Championship.

FRANCHISE MODE

Fan-favorite Be a GM mode expands to complete control of an entire franchise with the addition of unique team owners. Control your favorite team and lead them to Stanley Cup glory by managing the team and the business behind the scenes. Make game-changing decisions from player personnel, ticket prices, marketing, arena upgrades, and even relocation – all from under the watchful eye of a demanding owner with challenging goals.

AUTHENTIC GOALTENDING

With all-new Reactionary Save Intelligence goalies will process their position, angle and the scoring situation before committing to an athletic or technical save. New motion capture replicates the technical movements of goaltenders resulting in true-to-life stances and an ability to use their body to stay big and block versus making a reactionary save.

BATTLE FOR THE ICE

In hockey, games are won and lost in front of the net. All-new Net Battle physics give you the ability to own that crucial piece of real-estate on offense or defense. Authentic battles, tie-ups, and stick play makes the battle for position in front of the net exciting thrilling and bruising chess match.

CELEBRATE WITH STYLE

After you’ve buried the puck into the back of the net all eyes are on you. Bring glory and emotion to the spotlight and celebrate using dozens of all-new player celebrations that give you a variety of ways to rub that goal into your opponent’s face and bring the crowd to their feet.

OWN EVERY ZONE

Feel complete control over the ice with improved tape-to-tape passing, puck pick-ups, and pivots. Manage your gap on the puck carrier and break up passing plays on defense with more responsive skating and stopping. Enhanced hit mechanics allow you to choose whether you close someone off at the boards, push them off the puck, or deliver a devastating body-check.

COMPLETE GAMEPLAY CUSTOMIZATION

Whether you’re a seasoned pro or brand new to EA SPORTS NHL, more control over game difficulty settings, rules, and details allow you to create the perfect hockey experience for your playstyle. Go from fast, arcade fun all the way to authentic simulation hockey and everything in between with 100-point sliders that deliver precision control over your hockey experience.

ECHL

The ECHL makes its debut in NHL 17, featuring all 27 authentic teams, jerseys, and rosters.

HUT DYNAMIC SETS

The all-new HUT sets mechanic takes collecting to a new level that replicates the biggest real-world hockey moments. Collect sets to unlock rewards, including new thematic sets, to constantly build and improve your team. With Dynamic HUT Sets, if it happens hockey, it happens in NHL 17.

HUT SYNERGY

The most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL gets even better! Introducing HUT Synergy, an all-new “Team Building” system designed to challenge the way you build and play as your Ultimate Team. Pair player strengths together to create synergy in your roster and grant perks across your lineups.

54 minutes ago, Boone Jenner said:

in the most competitive and customizable EASHL ever

If they don't have custom builds with attribute points than this is an outright lie.

I'm really excited for franchise mode! 

Who wants to bet they take player training out of HUT completely this year? With them adding synergy and taking out the boosts that extended how long training would last in 16, I can totally see them doing that to force people to buy more packs.

Archived