The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruce Boudreau Fired by the Anaheim Ducks

That team was built for the playoffs and to be a contender, for whatever reason the great players just didn't work well together. It was a systems problem as much as it was coach. Not that Boudreau is a bad coach, he just didn't fit the gritty type of players he had to work with. I think his offensive run-and-gun system worked well for the defenders at times but those big hulky powerforwards simply play a different game and Boudreau didn't know how to use them.

8 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Wrong. Both timeline wise and factual wise.

The "scenario" you talking about was 2 years ago against LA. And Freddy Andersen was not replaced. He was injured in game 3 of that series with a pulled groin, and never returned. The person John Gibson, who was in the minors when Andersen hurt himself, replaced was Jonas Hiller, who came in after Andersen was hurt, finished Game 3, and never saw the ice again until Game 7 when Gibson was pulled after 3 goals.

As for Freddy Andersen's career playoff stats and the notion he has been "garbage":

17-9-2, 2SO, .916SV%, GAA 2.34

The only thing that appears to be garbage is your post just now.

Nah. I can recall last year against Chicago Anaheim was doing well cause Andersen was playing well and then his just $&!# the bed and Hawks won because of the terrible goaltending by Andersen.

You took this year's stats and added them to the average to make yourself look right.

2013-2014    ANA    7    7    3    2    0    0    189    19    3.10    170    .899    0

2014-2015    ANA    16    16    11    5    0    3    472    41    2.34    431    .913    1    

That's what you call garbage.

Compared to Gibson's playoff numbers and the season he had, like I said, Boudreau was right to start Gibson.

2013-2014    ANA    4    4    2    2    0    0    111    9    2.70    102    .919    1    

47 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Nah. I can recall last year against Chicago Anaheim was doing well cause Andersen was playing well and then his just $&!# the bed and Hawks won because of the terrible goaltending by Andersen.

You took this year's stats and added them to the average to make yourself look right.

2013-2014    ANA    7    7    3    2    0    0    189    19    3.10    170    .899    0

2014-2015    ANA    16    16    11    5    0    3    472    41    2.34    431    .913    1    of 

That's what you call garbage.

Compared to Gibson's playoff numbers and the season he had, like I said, Boudreau was right to start Gibson.

2013-2014    ANA    4    4    2    2    0    0    111    9    2.70    102    .919    1    

Uh, no. I took his career playoff stats. Career as in his entire body of playoff work.

What is hilarious that you did exactly what you accused me of with Gibson, by taking a single body of work rather than his overall body of work.

0 for 2. 

9 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Uh, no. I took his career playoff stats. Career as in his entire body of playoff work.

What is hilarious that you did exactly what you accused me of with Gibson, by taking a single body of work rather than his overall body of work.

0 for 2. 

Are you really that dumb? You are saying Boudreau made the wrong decision starting Gibson and he should have started Andersen cause he has been so good in the playoffs. When you look at Andersens playoff numbers prior to this year Boudreau was right in starting Gibson. 

• 3 weeks later...
On May 9, 2016 at 0:21 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bruce Boudreau took a parting shot at the fans in Anaheim.

"The fact that the whole state of Minnesota is hockey nuts I thought would be a real interesting difference coming from Anaheim."

That's not a shot at all, that's real bro. 

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

That's not a shot at all, that's real bro. 

I agree. Comparing vancouver to toronto is a parting shot. Comparing a top hockey state if not the most hockey obsessed state with disney land is just plain truth. Its the same as when kesler says he likes how lax the fan intensity is, how he can go to beach without being hurrassed ect. 

Archived