The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruce Boudreau Fired by the Anaheim Ducks

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ottawa, Minnesota, Boston or Montreal is my guess

Honestly, not shocking given their first half of the season and the playoffs.  but at the same time....kinda have to blame management a shade too for not shoring up that defense and that still suspect goaltending

They ended up as the best defensive team in the regular season, I don't think defence/goaltending was the problem.

They needed Getzlaf and Perry to step up, and they didn't. Feels like that's what always happens in these game 7's.

Too bad Bruce got the axe as a result, though it was expected. Wherever he ends up, that team's chances of making the playoffs goes up dramatically.

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ottawa, Minnesota, Boston or Montreal is my guess

Honestly, not shocking given their first half of the season and the playoffs.  but at the same time....kinda have to blame management a shade too for not shoring up that defense and that still suspect goaltending

Goaltending is a strength of the Ducks not a weakness like Blue Jay mentioned.

Corey 9M Perry and his 0 goals deserves much more blame.

7 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Guess he becomes a front runner for the Senators job now.  With people like Crow and Boucher also mentioned on that list, and with Melnyk stating that the next coach would have significant NHL experience, I think he has a good shot to take over that team. Would be a good fit imo.

So Boudreau could get the job Paul Maclean was fired from in OTT last season

and Maclean could get the job Boudreau was fired from in ANA this season. :huh:

They need more from the top end guys...

Also getting four consecutive division titles and losing all game seven at home probably didn't help his cause.

On a side note, I find it funny considering Kesler's positivity last year as I recall he assured the fans this game seven situation will never happen again... that was at the end of game seven conference title :)... he was really betting the team would make the final this year instead of yet another game seven disappointing loss at home in the first round...

Ducks are in for a rude cap awakening soon...

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

So Boudreau could get the job Paul Maclean was fired from in OTT last season

and Maclean could get the job Boudreau was fired from in ANA this season. :huh:

LOL. Yeah wouldn't that a weird situation.

gotta think like the clowned out management running this show.

hmmmmmmm bruce is a good coach. Yes Jim he is a great REGULAR SEASON coach. Okay hire him! 

logical thinkers know Bruce does not know how to be a coach in the playoffs, he fails to know how to match,make kinks in his system to succeed. Other coaches like Laviote out coach him. 

13 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

hmmmmmmm bruce is a good coach. Yes Jim he is a great REGULAR SEASON coach. Okay hire him! 

logical thinkers know Bruce does not know how to be a coach in the playoffs, he fails to know how to match,make kinks in his system to succeed. Other coaches like Laviote out coach him. 

It could be simply that the Preds outplayed the Ducks. Too much emphasis is put on what coaches do. The players have just as much skin in the game.

Figured he'd be the scapegoat, just thought it'd take a bit longer. Anaheim should have won this series but they crapped the bed and this time I'd say it's more on the players than it is Bruce.

He's struggled in the playoffs, but he's definitely a good coach. Could see a team like Columbus who's historically struggled to even get to the playoffs taking a gander on him. He'd be an upgrade on Torts.

17 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

@desiboynux4lifee******* = Logical thinker?... :blink:

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

It could be simply that the Preds outplayed the Ducks. Too much emphasis is put on what coaches do. The players have just as much skin in the game.

yes but look at Bruces record, I mean he had a Washington capital team that lost to Montreal. Playoff coaches are different, I mean look at Hartley he outcoached the hell out of Willie, match-ups, ice time and knowing how to make certain kinks to your system. Bruce fails to do this.

Archived