The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistic Off-Season

Draft  Matthew Tkachuk

Sign Hammer

I really dont see Benning getting any top UFA's

Maybe with year left for burrows we can trade him and higgins 

Play the young guns

And were gonna be in the draft lottery for next couple years. Realistic!

2017 Nolan Patrick-C

2017 Timothy Liljegren-D

2018-Joseph Velno-C

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baer Horvat Sutter

Tkachuk Mccann Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett 

Tanev Hutton

Elder Sbisa

Hammer Trymakin 

Markstrom

Miller

Remember to add tags to your proposals so that they don't get locked. Read the sticky at the top of the forum.

In any case I agree with your plan but imo they need to sign a few UFA vets as fillers. Send guys like Virtanen and McCann to the AHL if they don't make the team and have them develop on a winning team than a bottom feeder. 

have not heard much about nolan patrick...last year when McJesus and Eichel were being swooned over, people were already talking about Matthews. Nolan's numbers are absolutely eye popping, he is huge and wears an  "A" for the wheat kings. His playoff numbers are excellent as well - I have never seen the kid play -why is no one talking about him? He is probably the consensus no1 pick and it is tough to land the no 1 pick now in the lottery - even if we finish last we only have a 20% chance of picking 1st and we all know which way that will go.  Successful rebuilds require lots of good 2nd, 3rd round picks. You have to stockpile picks, we have to commit to this - Hansen, Edler, need to be moved and we can sign a UFA d man from among - golioski, handle, demers, russel, hamhuis. Lets get the real build going!!!

need to trade elder to a team with a high second this year and late first next year, Hansen and a prospect like zhukenov for two 2nds this year, if we can get 3-4 2nd this year we can draft 3-4 d men in the second round - johansen, ryan lindgren, kale clague, and then 2 firsts next year gives us flexibility.

Ex. Edler to Columbus for 2017 1st and 2016 2nd

Hansen and Zhukenov to MTL for MTL 2nd and Min 2nd (?39th and 45th?)

18 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

need to trade elder to a team with a high second this year and late first next year, Hansen and a prospect like zhukenov for two 2nds this year, if we can get 3-4 2nd this year we can draft 3-4 d men in the second round - johansen, ryan lindgren, kale clague, and then 2 firsts next year gives us flexibility.

Ex. Edler to Columbus for 2017 1st and 2016 2nd

Hansen and Zhukenov to MTL for MTL 2nd and Min 2nd (?39th and 45th?)

ain't going to happen...edler won't drop ntc but certainly not for columbus...i'ld rather have hansen and zhukenov ...but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Patrick Jane said:

Draft  Matthew Tkachuk

Sign Hammer

I really dont see Benning getting any top UFA's

Maybe with year left for burrows we can trade him and higgins 

Play the young guns

And were gonna be in the draft lottery for next couple years. Realistic!

2017 Nolan Patrick-C

2017 Timothy Liljegren-D

2018-Joseph Velno-C

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baer Horvat Sutter

Tkachuk Mccann Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett 

Tanev Hutton

Elder Sbisa

Hammer Trymakin 

Markstrom

Miller

Why even worry about this lineup... there will be no cups for many many years. You just have to look at the roster and the NHL will never let vancouver win a cup...  it is written, it shall be done.

a few years ago there was a simulator that went back through 10 decades of drafts it was a potato (the sim) vs the canucks drafts. The potato drafted where the canucks did but their rule was they could only take the FORWARD from the CHL with the NEXT BEST POINT TOTAL AVAILABLE. so obviously there was no consideration of size, position,who they play with or rankings by other parties (ISS, Button, Mckenzie, Mckeen etc) the potato drafted an all star team in 10 yrs, with excess forwards that could have easily been traded for d men and a goalie. This then scares me when Benning seems to like dubois over tkachuk. Dubois has not even been in the WJC yet, he could be a big game bust for all we know.

I don't want to wreck it for you guys but after the sedins are selected, the potato goes on to draft: Giroux, dubinsky, pominville, justin williams, mike richards, ondrjei palat, pa parenteau, brian gallagher, matt stajan, clarke mcarthur, max talbot, tyler ennis, brad richardson and kyle wellwood to name a few. Overall from 2000 to 2013 the potato drafts a selection of players that go onto play more than 4000 nhl games than the roster of players the canucks drafted.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/5/20/we-think-the-vancouver-canucks-may-have-a-scouting-problem

45 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

a few years ago there was a simulator that went back through 10 decades of drafts it was a potato (the sim) vs the canucks drafts. The potato drafted where the canucks did but their rule was they could only take the FORWARD from the CHL with the NEXT BEST POINT TOTAL AVAILABLE. so obviously there was no consideration of size, position,who they play with or rankings by other parties (ISS, Button, Mckenzie, Mckeen etc) the potato drafted an all star team in 10 yrs, with excess forwards that could have easily been traded for d men and a goalie. This then scares me when Benning seems to like dubois over tkachuk. Dubois has not even been in the WJC yet, he could be a big game bust for all we know.

I don't want to wreck it for you guys but after the sedins are selected, the potato goes on to draft: Giroux, dubinsky, pominville, justin williams, mike richards, ondrjei palat, pa parenteau, brian gallagher, matt stajan, clarke mcarthur, max talbot, tyler ennis, brad richardson and kyle wellwood to name a few. Overall from 2000 to 2013 the potato drafts a selection of players that go onto play more than 4000 nhl games than the roster of players the canucks drafted.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/5/20/we-think-the-vancouver-canucks-may-have-a-scouting-problem

But ... but ... the potato, limited to selecting forwards, didn't draft us a Norris candidate defenceman!

1 hour ago, tyhee said:

But ... but ... the potato, limited to selecting forwards, didn't draft us a Norris candidate defenceman!

but did delorme/burke/nonis/gillis???? No

Boston got theirs through a signing (chara)

Anaheim - trade (pronger)

Anaheim - signing (Niedermeyer)

Archived