The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Wpg

The 5th overall pick is tricky spot to pick in for the canucks. Do we really need another forward when our D is pretty scarce? Pierre-luc dubois is still a top 6 forward in the making at either LW or C.

Trouba is a 22 year old all around dman in need of a new contract although wpg is unlikely to be able to afford his price tag in a small market while already having byfuglien, enstrom and myers all over 5.5m each. Besides do they really want to have a 6m dollar dman playing the right side on the 3rd pair?

to wpg: 5th overall pick

to van: trouba

wpg has 2/5 picks in the draft and we get the top pairing right handed young dman we need more than anything.

edler-trouba

sbisa-tanev

hutton-tryamkin

pedan-biega

larsen

PLEASTE NOTE: i am not hating on dubois and i still would love dubois in our system. trouba is just too perfect of a fit for vancouver

Won't happen, for the same reason the Jets didn't trade Kane to Vancouver. IF they trade Trouba (big if), they'll trade him out East. They have zero interest in helping Vancouver.

1 hour ago, billabong said:

The 5th overall pick is tricky spot to pick in for the canucks. Do we really need another forward when our D is pretty scarce? Pierre-luc dubois is still a top 6 forward in the making at either LW or C.

Trouba is a 22 year old all around dman in need of a new contract although wpg is unlikely to be able to afford his price tag in a small market while already having byfuglien, enstrom and myers all over 5.5m each. Besides do they really want to have a 6m dollar dman playing the right side on the 3rd pair?

to wpg: 5th overall pick

to van: trouba

wpg has 2/5 picks in the draft and we get the top pairing right handed young dman we need more than anything.

edler-trouba

sbisa-tanev

hutton-tryamkin

pedan-biega

larsen

PLEASTE NOTE: i am not hating on dubois and i still would love dubois in our system. trouba is just too perfect of a fit for vancouver

Good idea! But Trouba is not worth a 5th overall, if we're trading the 5th overall to

Winnipeg, it should be in a package to the 2nd overall pick.

15 minutes ago, Z Hockey said:

Good idea! But Trouba is not worth a 5th overall, if we're trading the 5th overall to

Winnipeg, it should be in a package to the 2nd overall pick.

This,  and is it really THAT far fetched?  Jets have a lot of young forwards and might want to look at youth on the back end.  Yes, I know they have Morrissey and to a much lesser extent Kitchon.  #5 and something... McCann?  For 2nd?

5 minutes ago, -Virtanen said:

This,  and is it really THAT far fetched?  Jets have a lot of young forwards and might want to look at youth on the back end.  Yes, I know they have Morrissey and to a much lesser extent Kitchon.  #5 and something... McCann?  For 2nd?

Again, IF they trade Trouba, they'll do the exact same thing they did with Kane and trade him out East, not to the West. And if they do, it will be to get Hamonic, who wants to move back due to his mother having terminal brain cancer.

They have plenty of youth as well, with Tucker Poolman spending one more season with North Dakota before he is expected to play on the third pairing.

53 minutes ago, -Virtanen said:

No not McCann,

we can use the 5th overall, any combo of Edler/Hansen, Rodin/Gaudette/B.Gaunce, Sbisa/Pedan/Sautner, Cassels,

33rd overall, and high picks in 2017/18 to get the Laine/Puljujarvi pick.

I actually like this idea. Include burrows in the deal at 1.5 million salary retained (1.5 million in salary at a 3 million cap hit for Winnipeg) and we throw money at a big FA forward. If we can stay healthy while bolstering our team on the back end and up front we might just give the Sedins another playoff. 

20 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

OIlers counter with the 4th overall

Ya I thought of that too, but is trouba worth a 4th overall or 5th overall straight up? I really doubt wpg would add anything next to trouba's name in any trade. I know wpg would rather have tkatchuk because his dad played for them way back when so that would be cool for the fans. 

On 2016-05-02 at 9:05 PM, Z Hockey said:

No not McCann,

we can use the 5th overall, any combo of Edler/Hansen, Rodin/Gaudette/B.Gaunce, Sbisa/Pedan/Sautner, Cassels,

33rd overall, and high picks in 2017/18 to get the Laine/Puljujarvi pick.

Doubt Edler waives, kinda doubt Hansen does,  why would Rodin get traded right after we signed him.  Gaudette doesn't have any value as of yet, Gaunce wont get it done, and lol at mentioning Sbisa, Pedan, Sautner.  Cassels had a poor year, 33rd maybe could get you closer, finally no to trading 17/18 picks.

Archived