The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

We should give him the Nyquist treatment. At least for next year. Starts in the AHL and moves his up again. It will only help him :)

I think the door is wide open for him to grab a spot in camp this year. Up to him whether he takes the opportunity or not. Same with Horvat, he's got nothing left to prove in junior and is too young for the A, so I bet he gets his 9 game look at the very least.

As for Gaunce (getting back on topic), if Horvat falters in camp he'll be right there. Most likely he'll be with Utica though, he could use some time in the AHL. It'd be great to see our prospects getting to develop chemistry together down on the farm. :) Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Fox, Grenier, Kenins, Corrado, possibly Jensen... next year's Comets are going to be an exciting bunch to watch.

• Upvote 1

I think the door is wide open for him to grab a spot in camp this year. Up to him whether he takes the opportunity or not. Same with Horvat, he's got nothing left to prove in junior and is too young for the A, so I bet he gets his 9 game look at the very least.

As for Gaunce (getting back on topic), if Horvat falters in camp he'll be right there. Most likely he'll be with Utica though, he could use some time in the AHL. It'd be great to see our prospects getting to develop chemistry together down on the farm. :) Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Fox, Grenier, Kenins, Corrado, possibly Jensen... next year's Comets are going to be an exciting bunch to watch.

Ryan Walter is clasping his hsnds that he will finally have a total of 4 sellouts next year

:bigblush:

• Upvote 1

We should stick all the rookies in the AHL for the Calder cup.

Then we bomb the season, draft McDavid, and call them all up next year.

Calder cup Utica comets:

Jensen Horvat Fox

Shinkaruk Gaunce Cassels

Subban Corrado

Erikson

Edited by Merci
  • Upvote 1

We should stick all the rookies in the AHL for the Calder cup.

Then we bomb the season, draft McDavid, and call them all up next year.

Calder cup Utica comets:

Jensen Horvat Fox

Shinkaruk Gaunce Cassels

Subban Corrado

Erikson

cassels and subban are not eligible to play in the ahl mext season

aha missed that. so you meant in a couple seasons?

More so I was kidding, and expressing how stacked we are on youth next season lol!

I at least think Fox/Gaunce will be pushing Sestito and Hansen out the door.

yup same critics that said the guelph got a way better player in rychel than erie did in gaunce. hows that looking now.

gaunce > rychel AIAEC

Rychel is much better offensively.

You can make an argument that Gaunce is better than Rychel.. but AIAEC?

AIAEC?

Edited by Drouin
  • Upvote 2

I think I should be asking you that question..

im a five year season ticket holder of the spits... your turn.

but you are right though. the aiaec was too much. but I still retain my comment that gaunce is better and will have a significantly better nhl career.

gotta remember what kerby had handed to him with his dad being gm. ALOT has been handed to him.

Edited by Gooseberries

Gauncer was very underrated after the acquisition of Horvat. He was our future down the middle up until the draft day deal.

Gaunce will be a great NHL player, he's got the mind and the work ethic and the skill to be a full time middle 6 player. Good on the PP, and great at even strength as well as PK. I want to see that Kenins Gaunce Jensen line in the AHL next year.

I want to see Jensen on the Nucks next season. There is no-one on our team right now with a shot as wicked as Beaker Jr. I would love to see this:

Pre-season:

1. Tortorella fired, MG hires an offensive coach to replace him. At this stage I don't care who it is, but you cannot waste any more of the Sedins' productivity on defensive hockey and PKing. Release the krakens.

2. MG signs Tanev to a long-term deal, Kassian to a fair bridge deal, Santorelli for 2 and Weber to a 2-way deal

3. MG trades Kesler for a 2015 1st + a young top 6 forward (even if it's Tatar + DET 1st + xyz). Get rid of any potential negative energy and make the most of one of our tradeable assets (as it appears there is some fire to the smoke of the Kesler rumour)

4. Sign a veteran goalie, say Halak, to backup Eddie Lack. Markstrom can go to Utica or trade.

5. Young kids like Shinkaruk, Cassels, Fox, Corrado are all given pre-season time on the ice.

6. Buyout Booth.

Start of the season:

1. Jensen starts the season with the Sedins; offensive zone starts, no PKing, pure offense. Get his shot off and let him score a few goals. Maybe it will rub off on Dank. Hank should be, and I believe will be, alongside Jumbo Joe and Sid the Kid in the assists charts

2. Horvat starts the season as 2LC, flanked by Burrows and either [Tatar] or Santorelli.

3. Matthias starts as 3LC, between Kassian and Higgins.

4. Gaunce starts the season as 4LC between Hansen and either [Tatar] or Santorelli

5. Tanev is paired with Edler/Garrison, and these two are our top pair for when the Sedins are on the ice.

6. Juicy Hammer is re-united. This was a quality pairing once, if they work over the summer together they can be again. Pure defensive zone starts for these two, with the third line ahead of them when possible.

7. Stanton-Edler/Garrison is our third pairing.

8. The season starts, we have a new-look side with few actual changes. I'd be excited by this team:

Dank-Hank-Jensen

Burrows-Horvat-Tatar

Richardson-Matthias-Kassian

Santorelli-Gaunce-Hansen

Sestito/Schroeder

Tanev-Edler

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Stanton-Garrison

Weber

Lack-Halak

and if you think Gaunce>Rychel.. :picard:

you are aware that a facepalm emoticon is not a rebuttal right? maybe try explaining why you disagree and we can try to talk hockey like grown ups. you've watched neither player on a regular basis while ive watched both live many times. but hey you look up stats on hockey db so obviously you know better...

you are aware that a facepalm emoticon is not a rebuttal right? maybe try explaining why you disagree and we can try to talk hockey like grown ups. you've watched neither player on a regular basis while ive watched both live many times. but hey you look up stats on hockey db so obviously you know better...

lol

why don't you tell me why "Gaunce>Rychel AIAEC"

You can make an argument that Gaunce is better than Rychel.. but AIAEC?

I even said before that you can make the argument, but AIAEC? what does that even mean?

lol

why don't you tell me why "Gaunce>Rychel AIAEC"

I even said before that you can make the argument, but AIAEC? what does that even mean?

and it aint even close. but if you would take the time to read my entire posts BEFORE you reply you would have seen that I retracted the aiaec. it was overkill