The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

You guys really haven't paid any attention to Gaunce.

That Wiggle - Gaunce's - Wood line was formed a while back.

Ever since that line has formed, it's been the shutdown 3rd line. Gaunce has made Wiggle and Wood into better players than they were before.

Yup, you are correct. I think Gaunce eventually got bumped back up into the Top 6 after his great play in Game 1 and Game 2. I read on HFboards the Erie fans are saying Fox and Gaunce are playing very well. However, Connor Brown became invisible during the playoffs.

Otter fans are really happy about Gaunce's play in the playoffs and are all praising his efforts and play in Game 3 despite losing in OT. Some were skeptical of the Gaunce trade at first, but all of them love Gaunce now.

Yup, you are correct. I think Gaunce eventually got bumped back up into the Top 6 after his great play in Game 1 and Game 2. I read on HFboards the Erie fans are saying Fox and Gaunce are playing very well. However, Connor Brown became invisible during the playoffs.

Otter fans are really happy about Gaunce's play in the playoffs and are all praising his efforts and play in Game 3 despite losing in OT. Some were skeptical of the Gaunce trade at first, but all of them love Gaunce now.

Connor Brown even attributes a lot of his success to Fox who finishes so well that Brown pretty much just needs to pass to him and rack up assists.

Highlight reel assist just now. Gaunce isn't getting as much love as our other OHL prospects

His game isn't flashy, but the kids got game. He is an elite even strength scorer in the OHL, a quality that translates up the leagues much better than guys who rack up tons of points on the PP.

Funny how critics of the Gaunce trade said that Erie gave up too much, and that Gaunce wasn't worth it.

He's now second on the team in scoring behind Fox (first in even strength points). He's ahead of guys like Brown, McDavid, and Burakovsky.

I don't know what more a team would want. The guy puts up over 1.5 PPG, kills penalties, provides toughness, and is one of the best even strength scorers in the league. Something tells me those critics are pretty quiet right now.

Funny how critics of the Gaunce trade said that Erie gave up too much, and that Gaunce wasn't worth it.

He's now second on the team in scoring behind Fox (first in even strength points). He's ahead of guys like Brown, McDavid, and Burakovsky.

I don't know what more a team would want. The guy puts up over 1.5 PPG, kills penalties, provides toughness, and is one of the best even strength scorers in the league. Something tells me those critics are pretty quiet right now.

yup same critics that said the guelph got a way better player in rychel than erie did in gaunce. hows that looking now.

gaunce > rychel AIAEC

I didn't think he looked out of place in training camp. His first couple of steps aren't the quickest, but I thought his cruising speed was pretty solid. Has nice hands in front of the net, seems to know where to be to pickup a rebound.

Think he'll be a pretty solid 3rd line center in a couple of years for us and maybe a good player to plant in front of the net on the power play and make a goalie's life difficult!

Gauncer was very underrated after the acquisition of Horvat. He was our future down the middle up until the draft day deal.

Gaunce will be a great NHL player, he's got the mind and the work ethic and the skill to be a full time middle 6 player. Good on the PP, and great at even strength as well as PK. I want to see that Kenins Gaunce Jensen line in the AHL next year.

Brent Sutter for instance? Probably wishing he invited him to the WJ 's

Gauncer was very underrated after the acquisition of Horvat. He was our future down the middle up until the draft day deal.

Gaunce will be a great NHL player, he's got the mind and the work ethic and the skill to be a full time middle 6 player. Good on the PP, and great at even strength as well as PK. I want to see that Kenins Gaunce Jensen line in the AHL next year.

Pretty sure Jensen gonna be with Canucks next year.