The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(RDS Article) Las Vegas Expansion 2017/18 Confirmed

Toews

6 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

There you go search the Winnipeg newspaper archives....I knew you would figure it out.  

It was your claim, which you didn't back up with any report. After searching myself, I couldn't find anything.

Either do the work yourself, which we all learn as children to do, or leave it alone. Don't expect other people to do your work.

Some of the expansion rules are being leaked and from what I've read it clears up a view concerns specific to Vancouver.

Tryamkin and Hutton are safe

Subban and gaunce are fair game

Also we will need 3 scapegoats (1 D ,2 F)in the form of players under contract through 17-18 and have played a minimum number of games the year before and at least 70 the past 2 years prior to the draft.

With the rules being leaked our list could look something like this.

protected: Sedin, Sedin, Sutter, Bo, Baer, UFA?, Gaunce/Etum/Granlund/Hansen, Tanev, Gubranson, Edler/Subban(trade?), Marky.(I think we need to expose 1 goalie but not sure how that would work with Miller not under contract)

Exempt: Virtanen, Tryamkin, Hutton.

Exposed: Sbisa, Etem/Gaunce/Granlund, Cassels, Dorsett, Pedan

I think we are in much better shape than 80% of the league.

What do you guys think we should do with the question marks? and who would be the guy we lose?

48 minutes ago, Monty said:

It was your claim, which you didn't back up with any report. After searching myself, I couldn't find anything.

Either do the work yourself, which we all learn as children to do, or leave it alone. Don't expect other people to do your work.

Hey my friend this simply a discussion forum where opinions/ideas are shared take them or leave them.  If you wish to document, record, research, such trivial matters be my guest its just a waste of time.  Never asked you to do my work.....was just stating what I heard him say. Now this is a waste of time as well.

1 hour ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Hey my friend this simply a discussion forum where opinions/ideas are shared take them or leave them.  If you wish to document, record, research, such trivial matters be my guest its just a waste of time.  Never asked you to do my work.....was just stating what I heard him say. Now this is a waste of time as well.

I'm not the one who said:

8 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Bettman was choked and livid Winnipeg got back into the league.  He has no use for Canadian teams.   Typical American attitude Canada is resource based and well face it hockey players are a resource.  The NHL will move mountains to make Vegas succeed it will be a crown jewel to the powers that be.  I think they feel it gives the league instant recognition in the eyes of the American sports fan.  Doesn't hurt either to be located in the mecca of gambling for the sports world.  Lawyers and bookies they go together well. 

Asked for a source. You then said the following; which even IF true, doesn't indicate he was "choked" or "livid":

2 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Well he told you Winnipegers to support your club or lose it again.  Nice comment to make while he's announcing the Jets return.  You search the internet for his address to Winnipeg...I can't be bothered. Really don't care.

You end this by saying I should search for the quote, because you are either:

a. Too lazy to search for it yourself.

or

b. Hope that I won't call your bluff.

Then, you state the following:

2 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Well it was hardly an earthshaking address/comment so I'm not surprised Google or any other search engine would have it.  Have it your way i just made it up.

So rather than just do the adult thing and just own up to making something up (we've all done it), you instead say that "It was hardly an earthshaking address/comment. So I'm not surprised [you couldn't find it]." Which is absolutely ridiculous, because such a statement, from the commissioner no less, would most certainly be well documented.

On 2016-06-07 at 1:04 PM, Harvey Spector said:

So according to all the rules I see these players being exposed:

Etem

Vey

Dorsett

Sbisa

Of course this could change depending on free agency this year. Also this could affect our summer plans. Why expose Sbisa and lose him for nothing when you can potentially trade him in the summer and get a draft pick in return?  Same with Vey and Etem, that's if they sign them as they are both RFA's.  Also Edler could be traded much more easily now as all JB would need to tell him is that they will expose him in the draft so you can go play for Las Vegas or you can control your destiny by agreeing to be traded to said team. Then we can trade him and get an asset or two back like a prospect and pick and then get a Yandle or Gogligoski as a free agent replacement. Just a thought but definitely something worth considering. 

At this point I am sure that JB and TL will not be making any more moves without the expansion draft playing a part in any decision making moving forward. 

Because you have to expose someone.  Are counting on having a worse player, that is still the best of our exposed guys?

We are losing a player, no matter how many 'just trade him first' scenarios we come up with.

On 2016-06-07 at 3:28 PM, khay said:

Wow. This means that we are going to see a lot of interesting trades this off season up until the expansion draft.

F: Daniel, Henrik, Horvat, Sutter, Baertschi, Hansen, and whoever we sign via UFA, for example, Eriksson.

D: Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson

G: Markstrom

Next season will be the 2nd season for Hutton and Virtanen so they are exempt. Tryamkin is probably exempt.

So this means that we might as well trade Sbisa either this off season or by the TDL next season. 

WE HAVE TO EXPOSE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

(but what if we trade them first?)

2 hours ago, Monty said:

I'm not the one who said:

Asked for a source. You then said the following; which even IF true, doesn't indicate he was "choked" or "livid":

You end this by saying I should search for the quote, because you are either:

a. Too lazy to search for it yourself.

or

b. Hope that I won't call your bluff.

Then, you state the following:

So rather than just do the adult thing and just own up to making something up (we've all done it), you instead say that "It was hardly an earthshaking address/comment. So I'm not surprised [you couldn't find it]." Which is absolutely ridiculous, because such a statement, from the commissioner no less, would most certainly be well documented.

I get it you are Bettman.  I heard what was said at the announcement.  End of discussion. 

34 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

I get it you are Bettman.  I heard what was said at the announcement.  End of discussion. 

:picard:

Sad that, from everything I threw back at you, which was your own quotes by the way, this is what you came back with.

Also, adults have discussions. Discussions that, sometimes involve fact. What you are doing is spouting off nonsense AS FACT. When asked for facts, you don't have them. Therefore, it's not a discussion. What we're having is a lesson. Hopefully you have learned from this lesson that, when spouting your own thoughts as "fact", it's best to provide facts so as not to look like a total moron.

I have the expansion draft list like this:

Exempt: Virtanen, Tryamkin, Hutton, Demko, Stecher, Sautner, Cassels, 

Protected:  - Sedins, Horvat, Hansen, Baertschi, Granlund, Sutter (unless Rodin or Etem has a rippin year)

- Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson

-Markstrom

Exposed:  Dorsett, Gaunce, Etem, Sbisa, Rodin, Larsen, Subban, Pedan, Vey, Grenier, Zalewski, Nilsson 

I've ignored players that I don't see being here, and of course the team will have changed by then, but my point is, who do you take?  It would depend a lot on who else you drafted, and it might not be the team you thought about first.  In any case, we could probably live without one of these guys.  At least one of them is going to have a great year and I would imagine that that's who goes.

5 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

The other dude is right.  I roll my eyes at your childish view.  (But I remember hearing something like that)

5 hours ago, Monty said:

Sad that, from everything I threw back at you, which was your own quotes by the way, this is what you came back with.

Also, adults have discussions. Discussions that, sometimes involve fact. What you are doing is spouting off nonsense AS FACT. When asked for facts, you don't have them. Therefore, it's not a discussion. What we're having is a lesson. Hopefully you have learned from this lesson that, when spouting your own thoughts as "fact", it's best to provide facts so as not to look like a total moron.

The other dude is right.  This isn't a peer-reviewed journal.  No one has to show their work.  It's a lot more convincing, obviously, but your stance is obnoxious.  You look it up if it matters so much.  I'm guessing it won't solve the debate about whether or not Bettman is an evil american money-loving monster who only wants to see poor canadians cry, knowing that the salt can all be sold at a profit, allowing him to prop up a house of hockey cards and therefore suck even more blood out of the heart of our poor nation.

38 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

The other dude is right.  I roll my eyes at your childish view.  (But I remember hearing something like that)

Versus: 

38 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

The other dude is right.  This isn't a peer-reviewed journal.  No one has to show their work.  It's a lot more convincing, obviously, but your stance is obnoxious.  You look it up if it matters so much.  I'm guessing it won't solve the debate about whether or not Bettman is an evil american money-loving monster who only wants to see poor canadians cry, knowing that the salt can all be sold at a profit, allowing him to prop up a house of hockey cards and therefore suck even more blood out of the heart of our poor nation.

LOL! 

6 hours ago, Monty said:

If he's making unsubstantiated claims and not backing them up, I don't see why you're bothering getting into an argument with him about it. Save your time and move on. People make claims that are untrue on here all the time, it's CDC.

Anyway, sweet, another team in a desert in a non-hockey market. It'd be nice if the NHL actually went where the hockey markets are, and not just to places that have the shiniest new arena in the US.

21 hours ago, Monty said:

Holy fk.....still more of your sermonizing......unbelievable. 

Archived