The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

It is doubtful that I can get to a computer before work tomorrow, and I NEED to announce a specific series of roster moves to ensure they are entered as "morning of Dec 1st" and so spoiler alert on a trade, it isn't official until TM posts it, but if it is official it is backdated and every day counts with cap relief and walking the thin edge so I need to make the announcement of my roster moves effective tomorrow morning, 

in the spoiler is the actual trade

To New York Rangers:

Bobby Ryan

Carl Dahlstrom

To Detroit Red Wings:

Nail Yakupov

David Jones ($750k retained)

Tage Thompson (Rights)

NYR 2nd Round Pick 2017

This is the order which these roster moves need to be made, while coinciding with the trade above):  ((i messed up the math originally and had to go with this instead:

Trade

Place Bobby Ryan on LTIR with a broken Finger

call up peter straka

send down Dylan Stome

I think this is all perfectly balanced within the cap and each transaction may occur moments after the preceding one if done in that order. 

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have signed prospect forward Kyle Connor to a three year deal.

small.png Kyle Connor: 3 years, $ 5.1 million dollar contract ( $ 1,700,000.00 per season ).

* annual base salary $ 900,000.00 per season, annual bonus $ 800,000.00 per season.

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Jesse Puljujarvi to a three year deal.

small.png Jesse Puljujarvi: 3 years, $ 9.375 million dollar contract ( $ 3,125,000.00 per season )

* annual base salary $ 900,000.00 per season, signing bonus $ 6,675,000.00 upfront.

What the hell took them so long?!?!?!?!?

a brief nod to the three stars in New York Rangers sweaters for the month of November:

First Star: Antoine Vermette four goals and two assists powered his way to a 45 point month

Second Star: Andrej Sekera three goals an assist and 16 points from the plusminus boosted Sekera to 40 points from the blueline

Third Star: Mike Smith who arrived back from injury just 2 weeks ago and already has 35 points for the half month he has been with us. Great to have goalie points back in our game. 

On 11/9/2016 at 6:04 PM, theminister said:

All updates completed. 

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT: Gentlemen, I have been asked to step up my game, as the infrequency of the updates has been a detriment to you all, and I will be doing so starting immediately.

On that note, we are almost 4 weeks into the season and the time has come for a review of all rosters, which has been underway for a couple of weeks already. Every division is being monitored by the Executive. Gentlemen, please get your houses in order with regards to ice-time/deployments/players in your minors.

Any issues will be brought to GMs through a by PM by me, so if there are players being treated poorly you can expect to hear from me. The severity of the conversation will be commensurate with the severity of the oversight.

Cheers, and thanks.

All teams were given notice and I can assure you all teams with any infractions, poor treatment of players or unbalanced rosters were notified via pm. 

On 11/15/2016 at 9:47 AM, RobertoLuongo. said:

REPORT: The Detroit Red Wings are exploring trade options with F Bobby Ryan. Interested teams are asked to contact Wings management, who will be in the offices all today.

Not privy to Detroit's war room, but it was apparent the team has been pushing to make a change and free up room.

6 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

What the hell took them so long?!?!?!?!?

As a GM here I don't like to see a team under any circumstances shall we say " hoard " talent in an unfair manner. Yes there will be the teams with 10 plus unsigned draft picks or that team that has 10 plus picks going into the draft. Going back to the commissioner's post above. We reached the month into the season mark and teams at that point were to be called to task to clean up any messes or there would be consequences right.

Personally I find it a tad amusing to see teams smiling that they have 4 or more 1st round picks or have like 15 unsigned prospects where they actually feel these up and coming top six forwards and defense will all be able to be a part of their team. It doesn't work that way. You need balance and a few youngsters pushing each year, otherwise its overkill and will land you in hot water unless your happy to deal some of those assets to upgrade your NHL club or add more picks so you can do it again haha.

well, I thought i was being incredibly clever to get Milan Michalek's salary out of my cap.....but I forgot Carl Dahlstrom was a prospect with a salary and not an unsigned prospect...messed up my plans....i can't move Milan yet.

That being said, the following moves DO have to be done before noon today:

New order of operation:

Trade

Place Bobby Ryan on LTIR with a broken Finger

call up peter straka

send down Dylan Stome

12 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Colorado Avalanche have signed defenseman Darren Raddysh to a two year deal.

small.png  Darren Raddysh: 2 years, $ 1.3 million dollar contract ( $ 650,000.00 per season ).

14917ck.jpg

We're glad to bring Darren on board and reward him for a good start to his (albeit over age) season on the Otters. We're taking a long view with him and hoping we can help continue his development as a quality D man long term.

As he's still in Jr., we'd like to utilize our slide allowance on his contract.

[Waivers] The Detroit Red Wings place D Mark Boroweicki on waivers with the intention to send him down to their minor league affiliate 

[Send down] The Detroit Red Wings send F Connor Brickley to their minor league affiliate

[Call-up] The Detroit Red Wings call up D Troy Stecher from their minor league affiliate 

Updated Detroit Red Wings Roster

Zach Parise - Ryan O'Reilly - Jakub Voracek
James van Riemsdyk - Adam Henrique - Jesse Puljujarvi
Elias Lindholm - Tommy Wingels - Kyle Connor
Zach Hyman - Andreas Athanasiou - Marcus Foligno
Nail Yakupov

Brent Seabrook - Noah Hanifin
Olli Maatta - Ivan Provorov
Darnell Nurse - Jay Bouwmeester
Troy Stecher

John Gibson
Calvin Pickard