The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, I'm super hesitant about him, reminds me a little of McCann, that entitled attitude, and maybe not being too thrilled if drafted by Vancouver. I'd love to get Vilardi. He's a big centre, creates space, can play physical, scores goals, is a playmaker, plays a 200-foot game. Horvat and Vilardi would be a good one-two punch. I actually don't know much about Heiskanen, other than he's similar to Juolevi. I only watched a little video and it didn't blow me away. Just looks like a steady defensive D. I'd rather have a C.

I'm still hoping JB surprises us, and get's another top 10 pick.  Then he can get a D and a C.  

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I think OJ is better but yes, it's similar.

I think OJ is better than Hieksanen but i was agreeing that it's a similar circumstance to last year.

Last year I was willing to take the high risk, high ceiling D at the 5 spot in sergachev.  But those players high top pairing ceilings with top four floors,  This year I really don't want a D at 5.  To much of a gap better than floor and ceilings.  They could be a top pairing D, or they could be a depth, fringe NHLer.

We have the ability to guarantee ourselves to walk out of this draft with one of the 3 main centers (glass,Casey,Gabe),  now is not the time to roll the dice. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think OJ is better than Hieksanen but i was agreeing that it's a similar circumstance to last year.

Last year I was willing to take the high risk, high ceiling D at the 5 spot in sergachev.  But those players high top pairing ceilings with top four floors,  This year I really don't want a D at 5.  To much of a gap better than floor and ceilings.  They could be a top pairing D, or they could be a depth, fringe NHLer.

We have the ability to guarantee ourselves to walk out of this draft with one of the 3 main centers (glass,Casey,Gabe),  now is not the time to roll the dice. 

A big NO to Casey.  That's rolling the dice for sure.  

3 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

For our 5th only? Only in Canuck land.  & our 33rd is what NYR would want or no chance. 

That would be a pretty fair deal.

:rolleyes:

That would be a great trade for us, but I doubt the Rangers would do it.  AV would want Tanev, but then JB would expect the 7th.  

I guess it's time for me to commit somewhat to a personal ranking. 

1) Hischier

2) Patrick

-------------

3) Heskainen

4) Vilardi

5) Glass

6) Liljegren

7) Pettersson

HM (other players I like, not necessarily ranked right after):

Necas, Foote

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That would be a great trade for us, but I doubt the Rangers would do it.  AV would want Tanev, but then JB would expect the 7th.  

Originally JR posted our 5th for Rangers 7th & 21st.  Obviously Rangers say no to that.  JR you know better than that. :)

I say this is a lot more fair,  Rangers 7th & 21st  for  Canucks 5th & 33rd. Still Rangers probably say no?

Tanev & #33  for  Rangers #7 & #21?

Edited by CoolCanucklehead
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CoolCanucklehead said:

Originally JR posted our 5th for Rangers 7th & 21st.  Obviously Rangers say no to that.  JR you know better than that. :)

I say this is a lot more fair,  Rangers 7th & 21st  for  Canucks 5th & 33rd. Still Rangers probably say no?

Tanev # 33rd for Rangers #7 & #21?

Now you're talking!  I hope, if this comes up, JB would take it.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

and why is that,is it because his lit up the U18? or the USHL?

I'm not sure 30 points in 24 USHL games is considered "lit up". I don't question his skill at all, but more his commitment to playing for a Canadian NHL team. Hmmm, wonder if there's a deal there where the Canucks could pick Mittelstadt at #5, then trade him to MIN for Mikael Granlund+. He seems to love MIN and may flourish there. MIN also doesn't have a 1st rounder this year.

Edited by NUCKER67

11 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

For our 5th only? Only in Canuck land.  & our 33rd is what NYR would want or no chance. 

That would be a pretty fair deal.

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Tanev & #33  for  Rangers #7 & #21?

Yes, we would probably have to add a touch..it was just a loose brainstorm. I'd prefer to keep 33rd though. Or do something bigger like Tanev + 5th OA + Pedan + SJS 4th for 7th OA, 21st OA and Skjei.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Yes, we would probably have to add a touch..it was just a loose brainstorm. I'd prefer to keep 33rd though. Or do something bigger like Tanev + 5th OA + Pedan + SJS 4th for 7th OA, 21st OA and Skjei.

But then we would have pick #5, #7, & #21.  Pretty intriguing to say the least.

26 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Keith never played in the BCHL at the same age, Keith played at 16 & 17 and then went to play in a higher comp in the CCHA during his draft year. Kieth wasn't drafted out of the BCHL.  Makar is one of the older players being drafted he's almost 10 months old than someone like Vilardi. 

Lil Miss Negativity

Completely ignore the fact I watched Keith play in both BCJHL and WHL also ignore the fact I watched Fabbro play as well and saw better skating/speed and IQ than either of them, forget Keiths former team mates also said Makar was a better player at the same age (seriously going to whinge about a 10 month difference?  come on)

Fun at parties you must be

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

and why is that,is it because his lit up the U18? or the USHL?

He played in a completely inferior league man

I played hi school hockey, won a championship.  cannot equate hi school stats to success in the big leagues.  Cannot equate his USHL play either, nor a few games in tournaments.  He either plays exclusively in the bigs or he's to big a risk 

:P

(you have to know I am totally trying to troll you here and it's all in fun right?)

Edited by Warhippy

Just now, CoolCanucklehead said:

Not if we traded Tanev for 7th. We would still have our 5th...:blink:

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Or do something bigger like Tanev + 5th OA + Pedan + SJS 4th for 7th OA, 21st OA and Skjei.