The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flames place F Mason Raymond on Buyout Waivers

b3.

10 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Give me a break! The league and the media and especially the bruin fans acted like Rome shot JFK. He committed to a hit and delivered a solid shot very much like Stevens used to do. Once he stepped up, he had to finish the hit or give up a 2 on one or worse. It was only 8/10s of a second after the pass. The principle point of contact was shoulder to chest. It was a clear hockey play yet he got 4 games in a Cup final.

Boychucks can opener and the following injury were not a hockey play at all yet he didn't even get a penalty. I will continue point out the hypocrisy in that whenever its downplayed or totally ignored.

bruins fans mocking Raymond as he lay there badly injured was despicable. You happily ignore that as well.

I don't support mocking an injured player. I think fans probably thought he was faking it because the play appeared to look pretty innocent. When you disect it under a microscope, you can see how he got injured but it wasn't obvious at the time.

Edit - 9 times out of 10 Raymond gets up and walks away without the slightest sign of injury. 

Archived