The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vesey Still In Play

take it how you like, the kid is an unproven nhler, just like daigle was.

who knows, maybe he the next lemieux.

but if a team trades assets for you (pretty close to your home), you sign with that team regardless.

IMO he jus another unproven player that thinks he is entitled.  hope the league prevents this in future

It sounds like it's between Boston and Toronto with Buffalo as a long shot.  At this point I hope it's Toronto, I still have an irrational hatred of Boston and no respect for the Buffalo organisation with Tim Murray at the helm.  That says something when I'm rooting for Toronto to get something.  I don't know anything about Vesey's family situation, but I do know the Wings tried hard.  I couldn't confirm if they maxed their offer though.  I can't help but feel Nashville got screwed.  I think it's boiling down to geography.

I hope they change the CBA to stop this from happening int he future.

Poile is pissed.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nashville-may-be-crushed-but-jimmy-vesey-has-his-rights/

“Every indication was that he was going to sign with us,” Poile said. “His dad had told me, had told (Predators coach) Peter Laviolette, Scott Nichol, Paul Fenton, that his son was going to sign with us. And Jimmy himself told Paul Fenton prior to the trade deadline, which was an important time for us because it was our last opportunity to change our team. We told him if he was going to sign with us we were going to keep a position available for him, and he told us that he was going to sign with us.”

44 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

It sounds like it's between Boston and Toronto with Buffalo as a long shot.  At this point I hope it's Toronto, I still have an irrational hatred of Boston and no respect for the Buffalo organisation with Tim Murray at the helm.  That says something when I'm rooting for Toronto to get something.  I don't know anything about Vesey's family situation, but I do know the Wings tried hard.  I couldn't confirm if they maxed their offer though.  I can't help but feel Nashville got screwed.  I think it's boiling down to geography.

I hope they change the CBA to stop this from happening int he future.

Poile is pissed.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nashville-may-be-crushed-but-jimmy-vesey-has-his-rights/

He felt much better after the Sabres gave him back a 3rd round pick that he lost drafting Vesey 2-3 months later.

53 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He felt much better after the Sabres gave him back a 3rd round pick that he lost drafting Vesey 2-3 months later.

I'm sure he does, he should anyways.  I know I have been trashing on your team a bit, I want you to know it's because of a connection to Welland Ontario, and Buffalo sports teams have had a special place in my heart.  I'm an irrational fan, don't take any of my rants as a knock on the city or the folk who call it home.

EDIT: .....yes, even the Bills.

5 hours ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

I'm sure he does, he should anyways.  I know I have been trashing on your team a bit, I want you to know it's because of a connection to Welland Ontario, and Buffalo sports teams have had a special place in my heart.  I'm an irrational fan, don't take any of my rants as a knock on the city or the folk who call it home.

EDIT: .....yes, even the Bills.

To be honest, I haven't noticed.  I take issue with things with both the Bills and the Sabres.  I call each team out when they screw up.

The Vesey situation though, I'm fine with.  The Sabres had picks to spare and wanted to up their chances at landing him.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Vesey situation though, I'm fine with.  The Sabres had picks to spare and wanted to up their chances at landing him.

Somehow I don't think the Sabres are going to regret missing out on Rem Pitlick (taken with the 76th pick).

Worth the gamble. 

Archived