The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada Overwhelmed By 100,000 Chinese Millionaire Immigrants

Salmonberries

10 minutes ago, smokes said:

That's why I am angry. The headline should not be "Canada Overwhelmed by 100000 Chinese Millionaire Immigrants." It should be reading "Canada Overwhelmed By Lienient Immigration Policies."

Are they immigrants or just investors?

10 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I'm from here.

i have friends if all sorts.  I've been to 19 countries.

im not a racist. But whatever makes you feel better.

bittom line is there is an issue that affects everyone of all races.

you can label it business or global market or whoever you need to justify it but it's still wrong that tax payers can't provide for their families the necessity of a home.

and why are you so quick to point the finger at people like myself, saying it is us and our kids that will be the racists?  Like Asians and other ethnic groups are not?  Open your eyes.  What part of an empty 6million dollar house says multiculturalism?

Because I have went through that racism in school. I know first hand how that trickles down to the kids. Which by the way, I never pointed a finger to you at. But the issue you are raising makes it so you are angry at the wrong people. Asians are not the ones who make the laws. Look at any government in Canada and how many of them are of Asian descent.

1 minute ago, smokes said:

Because I have went through that racism in school. I know first hand how that trickles down to the kids. Which by the way, I never pointed a finger to you at. But the issue you are raising makes it so you are angry at the wrong people. Asians are not the ones who make the laws. Look at any government in Canada and how many of them are of Asian descent.

I don't disagree that the Asians are not making the laws. I agree with you that the gvt has to take responsibility.  But anyone driving up a market, meanwhile abusing our system and not paying taxes regardless of laws and, regardless of race, deserves to be a target of frustration.

Just now, riffraff said:

Are they immigrants or just investors?

I live in China and I talk to a lot of people here who want to go to Canada. Most that I have talked to truly want to build a life in Canada. The problem is that a lot of Canadian companies don't accept Chinese univeristy credentials so they basically end up in Canada with less than a high school diploma. The chances of them finding a good job in Canada with thier language skills and credentials are slim to none. So instead they go back to China make money and send it to thier university student child to spend in Canada hoping thier child can have a good life in Canada for them.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I don't disagree that the Asians are not making the laws. I agree with you that the gvt has to take responsibility.  But anyone driving up a market, meanwhile abusing our system and not paying taxes regardless of laws and, regardless of race, deserves to be a target of frustration.

Then that should just be rich people in general because it isn't just the Chinese who are doing it.

9 minutes ago, smokes said:

I live in China and I talk to a lot of people here who want to go to Canada. Most that I have talked to truly want to build a life in Canada. The problem is that a lot of Canadian companies don't accept Chinese univeristy credentials so they basically end up in Canada with less than a high school diploma. The chances of them finding a good job in Canada with thier language skills and credentials are slim to none. So instead they go back to China make money and send it to thier university student child to spend in Canada hoping thier child can have a good life in Canada for them.

I wish you, your friends and family the best.

But maybe ease back on the racist labelling from way over there.

tough $&!# for them. 

You want a better life in Canada? Come here. Immigrate properly and work your way up like every other person has to.   

They aren't paying their fair share. Period. 

The home owner pays the proper taxes. Period. 

the loophole people have been using is why the government came up with the 15% thing. 

They are ripping off the Canadian people and you are arguing for the investors.  

Are you one of these Chinese investors?

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

tough $&!# for them. 

You want a better life in Canada? Come here. Immigrate properly and work your way up like every other person has to.   

the loophole people have been using is why the government came up with the 15% thing. 

You said what we're all thinking, lol..

giphy.gif

Just now, drummerboy said:

tough $&!# for them. 

No, I am not arguing for the investors. I am arguing for the Chinese families who truly want to make a life in Canada. I hate to break it to you though, people outside of Asia have not been paying thier fair share in Canada since Canada became a country.

4 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Fixed that for you. :lol:

Nah.

honestly. If the guy and his friends and family wanna come out. Give'r...just pay the taxes like I have for over 25 years and we're good.

but calling me a racist from China while I pay tax here is a &^@#ing joke.

No, I am not arguing for the investors. I am arguing for the Chinese families who truly want to make a life in Canada. I hate to break it to you though, people outside of Asia have not been paying thier fair share in Canada since Canada became a country.

We know that.  And we're pissed at them too.::D

4 minutes ago, smokes said:

Curious question,  Why Canada ?

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Nah.

honestly. If the guy and his friends and family wanna come out. Give'r...just pay the taxes like I have for over 25 years and we're good.

but calling me a racist from China while I pay tax here is a &^@#ing joke.

Never called you a racist just commenting on the comments. Not your character.

8 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Curious question,  Why Canada ?

Because Canada was a well known humanitarian country back in the day and the reputation still exists now. Also because BC has many accredited high schools in China taught by BC Teachers. They go through the BC cirriculum and are encouraged to apply to universities in Canada.

3 minutes ago, smokes said:

Never called you a racist just commenting on the comments. Not your character.

I'll accept that. Though I feel my comments are not racist.

im not sure your age.  Or experience.

but when you've been paying into a system for decades meanwhile trying to raise a family, and people sitting in another country essentially steal from you and others in the same position; well I'm sure you can at least attempt to empathize.

Archived