The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada Overwhelmed By 100,000 Chinese Millionaire Immigrants

Salmonberries

6 minutes ago, smokes said:

No, I am not arguing for the investors. i am arguing for the chinese families who truly want to make a life in canada I hate to break it to you though, people outside of Asia have not been paying thier fair share in Canada since Canada became a country.

what about middle class canadians 2nd 3rd 4th generation canadians who want to make a life , you need to try a little harder at understanding the situation from a canadians perspective since you are touching on the issue at hand , sadly only from your side of the debate!

6 hours ago, smokes said:

Holy passive aggressive racism. If it was any other people besides the Chinese, they would be welcome with open arms. Canada and Canadians needs to stop the racism against the Chinese. 

I think a lot people who grew up here are really reaching their limit in terms of tolerating foreign money buying up available housing and property while pushing the prices through the roof.

I would not consider that racism, there is a major problem likely too late to be fixed unless big changes can be implemented. Nothing about not welcoming people with open arms, more as matter of such an influx determining pricing and affecting housing availability in a negative way to those already living and working here. That is not right.

I don't want to hear the privileged or those doing well complaining about lower income people whining about this problem, because it is real and a lot of people are living first hand through this and it is not right, it is not fair and no life is not always fair but there is zero reason people need to be squeezed like this. I have lived here all my life and the change is not positive at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I'll accept that. Though I feel my comments are not racist.

im not sure your age.  Or experience.

but when you've been paying into a system for decades meanwhile trying to raise a family, and people sitting in another country essentially steal from you and others in the same position; well I'm sure you can at least attempt to empathize.

Of course, the high cost of living and housing as well the taxes was what forced me to go to China in the first place. I don't blame the immigrants though. Lots of factors get into this though, government selling off valuable utilities, paying wefare recipients who should not be on welfare etc. My point is that Canada's problems do not come from one race, I just hope Asians are not the scapegoat.

10 minutes ago, chon derry said:

what about middle class canadians 2nd 3rd 4th generation canadians who want to make a life , you need to try a little harder at understanding the situation from a canadians perspective since you are touching on the issue at hand , sadly only from your side of the debate!

I lived in Canada for the first 35 years of my life and my father was born Canadian so I do look at things from a Canadian perspective and as a Chinese Canadian growing up I can not help but notice that whenever there is a problem, blame the Chinese.

1 minute ago, smokes said:

Of course, the high cost of living and housing as well the taxes was what forced me to go to China in the first place. I don't blame the immigrants though. Lots of factors get into this though, government selling off valuable utilities, paying wefare recipients who should not be on welfare etc. My point is that Canada's problems do not come from one race, I just hope Asians are not the scapegoat.

Absolutely they are not.  There might be a focus in the media and even here on the housing issue but rest assured, any tax paying Canadian is frustrated with any abuse of the system and those who only take.

all the issues you mention are commin and consistent sources of frustration for local Canadians.  

We quietly bitch about a lot.

2 minutes ago, smokes said:

I lived in Canada for the first 35 years of my life and my father was born Canadian so I do look at things from a Canadian perspective and as a Chinese Canadian growing up I can not help but notice that whenever there is a problem, blame the Chinese.

I think we blame the French first.:P

2 minutes ago, AriGold said:

I'm envious of Australia who is forcing Chinese billionaires to sell their homes they have purchased.

Chinese property investors getting wary of buying in Australia

27 homes to date they have forced them to sell.

I look forward to the day that the above artical says Canada and not Australia.

make_canada_great_again_donald_trump_par

Where are we going to find the buyers at such prices?

1 minute ago, smokes said:

i'm not blaming "the chinese" i'm blaming wealthy chinese! and in order to keep pace with the absurd house prices ,then you have to blame people for wanting in on that as well. ever since hong kong dismissed british rule ,it coincided with a policy from our gov, to only bring in the wealthy  people who can employ other people.(mistake) slowly that idea of business people wanting to come here and do business has slipped away. does anyone remember the expo lands deal? how did that work out?(mistake)

to add to my last comment the social credit party ,post expo was under a lot of pressure to pay down expo and the new alrt lines ,a lot of things were done hastily ,the expo land deal ,the privatizing of dept. of highways ,the building of the coquihalla highway was very costly ,and the immigration thing was slowly  getting out of hand and here we are 30 years later!  

14 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i'm not blaming "the chinese" i'm blaming wealthy chinese! and in order to keep pace with the absurd house prices ,then you have to blame people for wanting in on that as well. ever since hong kong dismissed british rule ,it coincided with a policy from our gov, to only bring in the wealthy  people who can employ other people.(mistake) slowly that idea of business people wanting to come here and do business has slipped away. does anyone remember the expo lands deal? how did that work out?(mistake)

Yes, and that is why I place the blame on the mistakes of our polititions. The wealthy Chinese people coming into Canada is not the problem. They are merely the result of a bigger problem.

42 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Because of hard working local tax payers and our vets.  Bless them

Absolutely and with the influx of immigration going on, hopefully the kids of these immigrants will grow up and be part of the local taxpayers club as well. Hopefully with more taxpayers, it will take less of a burden off the individuals.

4 minutes ago, smokes said:

Yes, and that is why I place the blame on the mistakes of our polititions. The wealthy Chinese people coming into Canada is not the problem. They are merely the result of a bigger problem.

no it is a problem ,when considering the original intent was to bring in wealthy people to employ other people. and well it might have started out with good intent ,it hasn't worked out that way!!!!!

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The crappy thing is that anybody willing to call it like it is is automatically accused of being a racist.

That's the easy go to solution these days. It's almost a knee jerk reaction.

The louder, more righteous voice gets the support of the masses too afraid to actually speak their minds about a subject.

The biggest issue in all of this though is the complicit nature in how the federal, provincial, and municipal governments favoured immigrants with loads of money over immigrants with loads of potential and passion for moving somewhere new.

The Chinese that came here four to five generations ago helped build this country. They busted their asses making a living, and helped shape the country. Same with every other nationality that came here.

The "folks" coming in now, have absolutely no interest in assimilating in with the Canadian culture. They don't commiserate with anyone who doesn't speak their language, and even look at Canadian Chinese, and less well heeled Chinese immigrants as peasants.

The PC police want to protect everyone's fragile feelings and ensure that Canada remains the doormat of the world. Ignore them.

Just now, chon derry said:

no it is a problem ,when considering the original intent was to bring in wealthy people to employ other people. and well it might have started out with good intent ,it hasn't worked out that way!!!!!

That's when you blame the enforcement of the laws.Should have nipped it in the bud as soon as it started happening. Not too late to start now.

Sorry I am kind of confused.

Market data shows thousands if not more than ten thousand empty homes/condos/townhouses owned by Chinese nationals that do not live in canada and refuse to rent these "cold beds" 

Market data shows that many wealthy individuals are buying homes here and NOT paying excise or essential taxes by claiming to be  mere students or homemakers yet driving ultra luxury vehicles and not pay their fair share of taxes.

Many are skirting the laws and when questioned simply leave for China

This is recorded data easily found and corroborated by numerous sources taken over the last 20 years

And this is racist?

Frag off...Seriously.  Shove your political correctness up your Oilers hole

Telling someone the EXACT truth is NOT racist.  Wealthy individuals come here and make it hard for everyone, they don't pay taxes they cheat the system and they make it hard for EVERYONE regardless of race.  Call it wealth related racism or bias if you want, but by naming the nationalities of those who do so (predominantly asian and now moving towards middle eastern) it is not racism, it is factual.

Feel slighted, boo-hoo here's a tissue and a complaints form.  Rather sick of everyone getting butt hurt because facts state race A, demographic Y are contributing to problems or issues.

Simply put, strip race out of this and it is the wealthy people with well placed connections and an ability to skirt the laws due to their own home countries' lax laws and systems as well as refusals to try or extradite those people.

And sadly, like it or not (I really don't care) the bulk of it; via recorded and verified data shows it is predominantly wealthy Asians causing the issues in Vancouver and Toronto.

Facts are not racist.  And if you decide that my post is racist, you're being racist towards me for being a first nations individual you worthless immigrants :lol:

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry I am kind of confused.

Market data shows thousands if not more than ten thousand empty homes/condos/townhouses owned by Chinese nationals that do not live in canada and refuse to rent these "cold beds" 

Market data shows that many wealthy individuals are buying homes here and NOT paying excise or essential taxes by claiming to be  mere students or homemakers yet driving ultra luxury vehicles and not pay their fair share of taxes.

Many are skirting the laws and when questioned simply leave for China

This is recorded data easily found and corroborated by numerous sources taken over the last 20 years

And this is racist?

Frag off...Seriously.  Shove your political correctness up your Oilers hole

Telling someone the EXACT truth is NOT racist.  Wealthy individuals come here and make it hard for everyone, they don't pay taxes they cheat the system and they make it hard for EVERYONE regardless of race.  Call it wealth related racism or bias if you want, but by naming the nationalities of those who do so (predominantly asian and now moving towards middle eastern) it is not racism, it is factual.

Feel slighted, boo-hoo here's a tissue and a complaints form.  Rather sick of everyone getting butt hurt because facts state race A, demographic Y are contributing to problems or issues.

Simply put, strip race out of this and it is the wealthy people with well placed connections and an ability to skirt the laws due to their own home countries' lax laws and systems as well as refusals to try or extradite those people.

And sadly, like it or not (I really don't care) the bulk of it; via recorded and verified data shows it is predominantly wealthy Asians causing the issues in Vancouver and Toronto.

Facts are not racist.  And if you decide that my post is racist, you're being racist towards me for being a first nations individual you worthless immigrants :lol:

To that point then, why bring up their nationality at all? If it's just rich people skirting or using the laws to their advantage, what does their nationality matter? 

Archived