The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anthem Singers

Bur14Kes17

3 hours ago, Bovechkin said:

She did a terrible job man......we're we listening to the same singer?

She's just a teenager. Pretty sure you'd be just as nervous singing the national anthems if it was you up there.

2 hours ago, Bovechkin said:

No doubt about the nerves and effort, but I hope we find someone else for the next game ;)

Donnelly will definitely be back for the regular season. Maybe not as a regular but definitely during premier games

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

She's just a teenager. Pretty sure you'd be just as nervous singing the national anthems if it was you up there.

Donnelly will definitely be back for the regular season. Maybe not as a regular but definitely during premier games

I miss Donnelly....so much power and entertainment 

A 17 year old sang the anthems and showed a little nervousness; so what? She made a few breathing errors in both anthems. An American beside me actually gasped and made a comment about it. When she did the same thing in the Canadian anthem he sounded a bit sheepish when he said "Okay, she's just nervous." I'm sure almost every performer in history was nervous their first few times in front of a big crowd. Boo to all the crybabies who would probably poop themselves in the same situation!!!

8 hours ago, Bovechkin said:

She did a terrible job man......we're we listening to the same singer?

No kidding. Talk about tone deaf. She was off key half the time. 
Hey singing isn't my strong point either, which is why I don't put a live mic in front of my face before 15,000 people + TV audience.

Props to posting Richard Loney. I used to joke that listening to him was like shaking my cat, but the guy had a great, classic "anthem voice".

At one point in history is was a classy thing to do.... but now it's like some American Idol audition - get rid of it.

5 hours ago, Bovechkin said:

I miss Donnelly....so much power and entertainment 

I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more ..   I think he's just terrible .    cringe worthy 

richard loney was the real deal ..    we got a fugazi here with Donnely 

5 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more ..   I think he's just terrible .    cringe worthy 

richard loney was the real deal ..    we got a fugazi here with Donnely 

hahah Donnelly is quite over the top I agree on that ;)

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Slagging on teenage anthem singers in preseason? Really guys?

Opening night can't come soon enough.

Then we can finally focus on more important things (like criticising those peewee and atom kids that skate during the first intermission).

lol !!!

On 03/10/2016 at 8:20 PM, KFBR392 said:

Scrap the anthem all together.

Totally agree!  Only time an anthem should be played is in National tournaments.  I could be wrong, but aren't North American sports leagues the only ones that play a national anthem before club games?

5 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Totally agree!  Only time an anthem should be played is in National tournaments.  I could be wrong, but aren't North American sports leagues the only ones that play a national anthem before club games?

but aren't North American sports leagues the only ones that really matter? ;)

(sorry, not a football (soccer) fan)

Archived