The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Fld - Avs

Knucks16

On 01/12/2016 at 9:05 AM, Knucks16 said:

Who the frick are these two monkeys that gave me a minus reputations? These monkeys obviously don't know hockey! So fricking annoying when people cant see the positives in a proposal!

Why don't you send them a personal message complaining about it? 

:rolleyes:

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:05 AM, Knucks16 said:

Who the frick are these two monkeys that gave me a minus reputations? These monkeys obviously don't know hockey! So fricking annoying when people cant see the positives in a proposal!

Don't worry about +/-'s, sometimes it just a measure of maturity. Trolls mostly or management employees that want to derail negativity.

Or, like me you can embrace the concept that you have peoples attention. Nobody remembers Margret on the radio and never ruffled any feathers, but most can remember Tom Leykis, who ruffled half the human population's feathers.:lol:

Almost all of my negative votes came from me posting the idea of the Sedins being traded. A common enough subject now, but I did it last season and the big hit came when I suggested it in July this year in the Fire Benning...post. Management really didn't want that idea out there even though there was some suggestion the Sedins MIGHT be okay with the idea..

12 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

Well since it seems like we can't get a Barkov without paying a huge defisate. Who's gonna play center along side of Brock Boeser? I have an idea that could work.... let's sign Tyson Jost he already plays along side of Boeser and is a centerman with huge playmaking scoring potential! Maybe this could be a future line for the Canucks:)

Boeser-Jost-Virtanen there's our future 1st line!

Jost was drafted by the AV's.

If you want a center at Barkov level you have to typically draft one, #1 centers don't get traded.

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If you want a center at Barkov level you have to typically draft one, #1 centers don't get traded.

I don't know about that,

Thorton

Kesler, not at the time but kind of trending that way now

Johansen, slow starter but picking it up now

Sequin

Spezza, almost at his expiry date though

Richards, from Philly or Carter

O'Rielly

Maybe not all of the super star status but if enough is offered...there is only one puck and Florida has 4 young centers and a window to win now.

8 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I don't know about that,

Thorton

Kesler, not at the time but kind of trending that way now

Johansen, slow starter but picking it up now

Sequin

Spezza, almost at his expiry date though

Richards, from Philly or Carter

O'Rielly

Maybe not all of the super star status but if enough is offered...there is only one puck and Florida has 4 young centers and a window to win now.

Seguin and Johansen were moved for off ice issues and no of the other players outside of thornton are legit #1 centers. 

Barkov is viewed as the next Kopitar, he's not getting moved. Barkov is a #1 center, the panther don't have a number 1 center replacement.  McCann, Trocheck and Bjugstad are not even close to being viewed as a #1 centers.

You build around players like Barkov, not trade him for support pieces.

Also their window to win is not now, it’s in the next 5-10 years.  They have a core that is under 23 years old.  None of them have even hit their prime. 

On 2016-11-29 at 11:15 PM, ReggieBush said:

Not going to downvote you.

Valuation is off.

Barkov is Untouchable unless your name is McDavid

Since when is Barkov untouchable?  There's been some really weird stuff going on in FLA.  They would love Tanev, with his top analytics numbers.  Plus, really Tanev could free up Ekblad (again) to focus more on offence.  

41 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Seguin and Johansen were moved for off ice issues and no of the other players outside of thornton are legit #1 centers. 

Barkov is viewed as the next Kopitar, he's not getting moved. Barkov is a #1 center, the panther don't have a number 1 center replacement.  McCann, Trocheck and Bjugstad are not even close to being viewed as a #1 centers.

You build around players like Barkov, not trade him for support pieces.

Also their window to win is not now, it’s in the next 5-10 years.  They have a core that is under 23 years old.  None of them have even hit their prime. 

Huberdeau? Again maybe a deal for him, my preference

Window? 5 to 6 years with no goalie prospects, Yandle at what 37, no Jagr.

They were 1 rst in their division last season and in the top 6 teams in the league, their window is not open? Really?

Their owner is doing everything he can to win now, firing coaches, demoting/promoting top hockey people, hiring stats guys. His investment went up 26% last year from being in the playoffs and being a top team, ya think he wants to wait 5 or 6 years to TRY to win a cup?

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If they want an analytics Darling like Tanev, then they're giving up Barkov.  

Huberdeau is a nice idea because he isn't playing, so they might let him go, I'd like to see Barkov as I earned 30 or so little negative hearts when I suggested maybe the Sedins going that way, but so many here are convinced that Barkov is the next.......whatever. For the Canucks he would be the next #1 center to begin with, then we have to wait and see which old guy Benning signs to play with him, maybe Eriksson, just to get Eriksson going:lol:.

I like Huberdeau's size.

4 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

How bout we trade for Jost we can aquire him cheap! Way cheaper then Barkov! Plus he's a stud centerman that we need to side with Boeser and Virtanen 

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If they want an analytics Darling like Tanev, then they're giving up Barkov.  

I would love to get Barkov but we might have to give up more then we should? I think if we can trade For Tyson Jost I think that solves the centerman we need to play along side with Boeser and Virtanen:)

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Since when is Barkov untouchable?  There's been some really weird stuff going on in FLA.  They would love Tanev, with his top analytics numbers.  Plus, really Tanev could free up Ekblad (again) to focus more on offence.  

Since he was drafted

Let me know when a trade like this goes down

31 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

I would love to get Barkov but we might have to give up more then we should? I think if we can trade For Tyson Jost I think that solves the centerman we need to play along side with Boeser and Virtanen:)

Give up more than the team should?

The team is going down quickly, over pay is the name of the game NOW, if the Nucks want to shorten up the rebuild by 3 or 4 years, a rebuild that should have started 3 years ago only then it would have been a re-tool.

The only untouchables signed with the Canucks should be, Horvat, unless it is a one for one deal for Barkov.

Jost is a novel idea, but the Av's might be willing to deal a roster guy for cap space, most likely Duschene although Landeskog's name has been circulated earlier, now that would be a snag, Barkov and Landeskog.

I would not trade the big man, at too much potential there and he already is steady at 20.

Strecher or OJ, because the team would retain one,

Tanev should bring the biggest return and be one of the easiest to move,

Edler might take convincing and cap retention but for the right team 

Boeser, again a straight up deal, one for one.

The team has to decide they want a particular player and then make an offer too good to refuse, over pay. Take back a bad contract, retain salary, trade the right draft picks, ie; if the team ends up filling both top six center spots by doing a deal and there is no McDavid, Laine or other super stud out there to be drafted, then a top pick.

I wonder if Edmonton could use a top 4 defence man? Maybe for Pujarijji?  

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

They were 1 rst in their division last season and in the top 6 teams in the league, their window is not open? Really?

Their owner is doing everything he can to win now, firing coaches, demoting/promoting top hockey people, hiring stats guys. His investment went up 26% last year from being in the playoffs and being a top team, ya think he wants to wait 5 or 6 years to TRY to win a cup?

Trading Gudbranson for McCann and firing Gallant don't seem like a team that wants to win to me. If anything it looks to me like the new GM is friends with the owners enemy and he's discretely tearing the best team Florida has ever has apart. That team went from great to mediocre in one Offseason.  Guess they don't like being in the spotlight!!!

Quebec could use a team they don't want theirs!

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Huberdeau doesn't play center. They have a young core of huberdeau. Barkov and ekblad. That's what they are building around. Luongo yandle and jagr aren't there core. They are pieces to help them be competitive. Like eriksson and miller are to Vancouver. Trading barkov there #1 center hurts there team   It doesn't help it. Anyone who thinks Canucks have anything close to what it would take to get one of there young core players out of fla simply shows how little hockey knowledge they have. It isn't happening without a massive overpayment one that we don't have. 

57 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Huberdeau doesn't play center. They have a young core of huberdeau. Barkov and ekblad. That's what they are building around. Luongo yandle and jagr aren't there core. They are pieces to help them be competitive. Like eriksson and miller are to Vancouver. Trading barkov there #1 center hurts there team   It doesn't help it. Anyone who thinks Canucks have anything close to what it would take to get one of there young core players out of fla simply shows how little hockey knowledge they have. It isn't happening without a massive overpayment one that we don't have. 

Left wing and center, started as center...has played games with Florida at center.

Then how about Nick Bjugstad?

Well it almost work with swedes! (2011 Cup Run) why not try with some fins? Barkov, Pujarijji, Joulevi but I highly doubt it lol! But imagine this... if we can aquire to get these guys without having cap issues fluke the fack out ammensely! Trade most of our over payed players other then Sedins! Cause let's just face it! there retireing here:) but here's three forward lines that can be plausible with the right strategies involved to get these deals done! Idk how? but these guys definitely can take some salary cuts until proven otherwise! No more over paying players with long ass contracts lol! Please it messes up our team for future players who we want to aquire! Anyways here's three lines. highly doubt we get! Hopefully we can aquire atleast a few of these guys for a retool, rebuild whatever you wanna call it! 

Image if we had these lines in one to two years possibly 3.... I think things are looking up for Vancouver Canucks cap issues, Fans, owner, Management the entire Organization perhaps! Let the Rebuild, Retool begin lol! Oh and we definitely need a new Coach that's for damn sure;)

1. Kane Barkov Puljajarvi 

2. Sedin Sedin Rodin

3. Boeser Jost Virtanen 

4. Gaunce Granlund Skille 

1. Joulevi Stetcher

2. Trymkin Hutton

3. Brisebois Subban

1. Demko

2. Markstrom 

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Left wing and center, started as center...has played games with Florida at center.

Then how about Nick Bjugstad?

In 4 years he's taken a total of 70 faceoffs..  That's just over 17 faceoffs TOTAL per YEAR.  Bo horvat averages 17 faceoffs per GAME.  Do you really want to argue that Huberdeau is a center?

Florida would consider moving Bjugstad long before they move Barkov, But Horvat has a higher potential to being a #1 center than Bjugstad does. 

Archived