The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

27 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Well I decided to have McDonald’s for lunch as my cheat meal…McNuggets we’re ok but the fries were terrible, I remember the fries being better before, they must have changed them(I haven’t had them in 10 years or so)

I ate at Mickey D's last week - 2 cheeseburgers and bottled water. It was a good and quick little snack. I was on the go and had not ate there in a long time. 

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, brilac said:

I ate at Mickey D's last week - 2 cheeseburgers and bottled water. It was a good and quick little snack. I was on the go and had not ate there in a long time. 

Good call on the bottled water, water, unsweetened tea(pure leaf) and sparkling waters are all I drink…I quit sugary drinks many years ago.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mj2345 said:

Good call on the bottled water, water, unsweetened tea(pure leaf) and sparkling waters are all I drink…I quit sugary drinks many years ago.

That’s great!

I am out to lunch and am having an orange crush soda for the first time in years! It tastes sugary, but it sounded enticing.

• Cheers 1
43 minutes ago, brilac said:

That’s great!

I am out to lunch and am having an orange crush soda for the first time in years! It tastes sugary, but it sounded enticing.

Orange crush was so good back in the day lol, now I found something that tastes like it without the sugar…Orange Bubly water..atleast the one in Canada taste reminds me of it

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having Steaks w/twice baked taters tonight.

But Tomorrow I go shopping to pick up the necessary goodies because it's coming on to Chili season real quick like. 

My Cowboy Chili

2 pounds ground beef (wild game, chunk meat, etc.)

1 large yellow onion, chopped

2 (10 oz.) can Rotel (I used chunky), drained 1 Rotel can water

1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce

1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained (or your bean choice)

Green Chile Chipotle Relish or 3 - 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped or to taste

1/3 cup chile powder

½ tsp cumin

2 tsp oregano powder

2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika

2 tsp salt

3 tsp minced garlic

1. In a large pot or 12” Dutch oven brown the hamburger over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice, to taste. As the meat begins to brown, stir in the onions. Continue cooking until the meat has fully browned and onions are tender. If there is a lot of excess grease, drain.

2. Stir in the Rotel, water, tomato sauce, beans, chipotle peppers or relish. Stir in the seasonings. Adjust taste, if needed.

3. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until it reaches a boil. Boil a couple minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Serve warm with cheese, onions, sour cream, biscuits or corn bread

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, grumpyone said:

Having Steaks w/twice baked taters tonight.

But Tomorrow I go shopping to pick up the necessary goodies because it's coming on to Chili season real quick like. 

My Cowboy Chili

2 pounds ground beef (wild game, chunk meat, etc.)

1 large yellow onion, chopped

2 (10 oz.) can Rotel (I used chunky), drained 1 Rotel can water

1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce

1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained (or your bean choice)

Green Chile Chipotle Relish or 3 - 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped or to taste

1/3 cup chile powder

½ tsp cumin

2 tsp oregano powder

2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika

2 tsp salt

3 tsp minced garlic

This looks really good. I had never heard of Rotel until now and had to Google it. Any particular store to find that? 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

This looks really good. I had never heard of Rotel until now and had to Google it. Any particular store to find that? 

I've found it at both Save-on and no Frills ... in with the canned tomatoes

Plus Save-on also has the adobo peppers ( mexican food aisle) and be careful with these..... they be potent

Edited by grumpyone
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I've found it at both Save-on and no Frills ... in with the canned tomatoes

Plus Save-on also has the adobo peppers ( mexican food aisle) and be careful with these..... they be potent

Thanks for that. I don’t generally buy much at SOF due to prices however I will stick my head in to check out these products. I’ll buy some Rotel and see if I can duplicate it with my garden produce.

I do like SOF’s fresh buns. Also found a new pickled pickled pepper dish in the deli section. They’re called Peppadew peppers . They’re usually are happy to let a person sample one… really good. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Thanks for that. I don’t generally buy much at SOF due to prices however I will stick my head in to check out these products. I’ll buy some Rotel and see if I can duplicate it with my garden produce.

I do like SOF’s fresh buns. Also found a new pickled pickled pepper dish in the deli section. They’re called Peppadew peppers . They’re usually are happy to let a person sample one… really good. 

I always have 1 or 2 cans of Rotel in the pantry. I even enjoy them by themselves as a side dish. In the summer, Rotel, baked beans, potato salad and bbq'd meat. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1