The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Go Rodin! He looks big in the 2nd pic, but 1st pic you can't even tell his size as he's a wearing full sweatshirt and can barely see his arms.

My friend took that pic, that's from the interview I did with him and Andersson last fall.

He does seem quite smallish in person, I hope he's had a growth spurt cause he looked quite like the average teenager when I met him.

Andersson on the other hand is quite tall, but he needs some bulking up as well.

would he be a top 6 forward in the future or more like a third line checking forward that can be physical

Well he is an offensive player, hopefully he will develop into a top six forward. But he seems a little chippy as well, not afraid to bump around.

• 2 weeks later...

Gradin is ridiculously over rated. He found, Edler through random luck. Don't reckon he deserves credit for Sedins, since they were labeled donkey blue chip prospects. Ohlund maybe..i cant be sure. but that is what he has accomplished since 93-94....

the guy is just lame as delorme.

Edler was not luck. He was playing in a remote swedish town that was a 3 hour train ride away. Only 2 scouts thought to look at him: Gradin and the Red Wings Scout. They were up their to scout the Swedish Leagues, and I remember reading an article after Edler's first year where the Red Wing scout was interviewed and he labeled Edler as one that got away cause he didn't want to ride a train for 6 hours. The Red Wind scout opted not to watch him. +1 for Gradin!

Edler was not luck. He was playing in a remote swedish town that was a 3 hour train ride away. Only 2 scouts thought to look at him: Gradin and the Red Wings Scout. They were up their to scout the Swedish Leagues, and I remember reading an article after Edler's first year where the Red Wing scout was interviewed and he labeled Edler as one that got away cause he didn't want to ride a train for 6 hours. The Red Wind scout opted not to watch him. +1 for Gradin!

Not to mention Jannik Hansen in the NINTH.

Between Rodin, Ohlund, solidifying Burke's belief in the Sedins, Hansen, Peter Andersson and more, Gradin deserves some serious credit.

Edited by Thomas Gradin

you read/heard/remembered wrong.

http://www2.canada.com/vancouversun/news/sports/story.html?id=e8061608-f3ff-4ffa-bef8-0b5113a2ca86&k=7839&p=2

Edited by avelanch

• 2 weeks later...

As the Nhl regular season is still months away.... the SEL is already starting their preseason.

In Brynas' first preseason game Rodin was placed in the first line. (This is good news).

Although Brynas lost the game 5-3.... Rodin managed to get 1 goal (to tie it 1-1) and 1 assist (that tied it again 3-3).

Although 5-3 seems a big difference... it was a really tight game and the fifth goal was an empty netter.

:towel:

Looks like staying in the SEL was a good decision.

http://www.brynas.se/Nyheter/Forlust-i-sasongspremiaren/

Edited by Sanford
  • Upvote 3

As the Nhl regular season is still months away.... the SEL is already starting their preseason.

In Brynas' first preseason game Rodin was placed in the first line. (This is good news).

Although Brynas lost the game 5-3.... Rodin managed to get 1 goal (to tie it 1-1) and 1 assist (that tied it again 3-3).

Although 5-3 seems a big difference... it was a really tight game and the fifth goal was an empty netter.

:towel:

Looks like staying in the SEL was a good decision.

http://www.brynas.se...songspremiaren/

He would probably be 2nd line in Brynas once the actual season starts as I doubt all of Brynas' top players would be playing that early in the preseason.

Lighting up the SEL already :) This guy is going to make the team in 2011, no doubt. It's almost a shame he's dedicated to the SEL for this year. I suppose it's good for his development, though.

Rodin is going to be a STUD. No doubt he would have gone top 15 if he grew before the draft. Whatever place it was we drafted him at, he was a steal. I am STOKED.

Rodin is a RWer, yes?